*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. :duff

To me the company spokesman (Rook) seemed to be cut off from "Network" (to reference a term from previous films) probably due to the malfunctioning hardware on the station and was solely operating on his previous protocols ("do what's best for the Company.") In both A1 and A3 the Company seemed to be calling remote audibles in real time and I never got the impression that that was happening in this film. So if any recovery crews had been sent after the initial disaster I'm fine with Rook not being privy to them.

But this is all theory over what happened off-camera so your interpretation and assumptions are equally valid.
I think Rook (and the entire station for that matter) was cut off from any communication. If I remember correctly, he says Andy will take the goo down to the planet and contact WY from there.

I think Rook (and the entire station for that matter) was cut off from any communication. If I remember correctly, he says Andy will take the goo down to the planet and contact WY from there.
Yes, he does. For all we know the Station was just as "off grid" at that point as the Nostromo wreckage was, and it took the Company *decades* to locate it. So the Station only being found when it drifted into the colony's orbit and picked up by the short range scanners is totally fine by me.

Do we need everything to be explained in detail?
No we do not.

What about the fact that this incredible "goo" was simply left behind by The Corporation and no one tried to go get it. They couldn't muster a small corporate force on the corporate planet below to retrieve this amazing stuff from the station right over their heads?

Did I miss that explanation...?
Alvarez said the prequel comic he co-wrote will explain what happened on the station prior to the start of the film, at least with the Big Chap.

On one hand, one could argue it's not great writing to need a comic book to provide additional context. On the other hand, we're talking additional context. That particular question doesn't need to be answered for the movie to work. We could imagine any explanation ourselves, even that multiple attempts to retrieve the goo were made and only resulted in the growth of the hive onboard.

Back