*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be fine if Alvarez simply gives us one more film, ....
So twins, where'd the other one end up (other side of the station)?
978o6n.jpg

977l8r.jpg

Last edited:
Well this was super disapointing. Not only did Romulus show that the Xenomorph is long since obsolete, but also that this tired "isolated in space" trope will never come close to challenging what we got in Alien and Aliens. Ridley was wise to take the Prometheus route and leave the carbon copying to lesser writers/directors. The future of this franchise lies in the continuing expansion of the lore and exploraton of the mythology/creationist themes. The new additions made in this installment unfortunately felt closer to what we got in Alien Resurrection (Awful), as opposed to in Prometheus (Excellent). I mean, a wall mounted Alien snatch!? Give me a break...

The Earth setting and corporate shenanigans of the upcoming Alien series may temporarily breathe some new life into this, but only if they manage to write some truly interesting characters. A flock of derelict kids on a space field trip is such a boring concept it would require a cast on the level of "Stand By Me" to make it work. Not even the crucial CGI of the "Ash" model robot was given the attention needed for it to work. This was Henry Cavill's missing mustache level bad and it's totally mind blowing how that garbage even made it into the movie. Next up better be a direct sequel to Alien Covenant or don't even bother...

Can someone explain the logic of the first 20 minutes to me:

She's served her time and all she wants to do is get off world... 5 minutes later they all grab a ship and go off world - couldn't they have just done that at any point and ****** off to wherever they wanted to? Do they have proximity detonators in their heads or something? I'm completely baffled.

And I'm hoping there's a reason why an android is acting like he has a mental disability? Has he been programmed that way to be more sympathetic - or is he just written that way for audience sympathy?

Turned it off, and hoping for some clarity before bothering to continue.

I watched it recently also.

Not a fan.

The characters aren’t interesting,
annoying actually.
The Xenomorph grows far too quickly
and barely did much at all.
The child / Xenomorph abomination has to be the worst creation in the franchise,
I’d take the Predalien over this any day.
Why does this film need a Ripley ripoff.
Why is the Ripley ripoff the only remotely likable character in this?

All in all, this reads like a fan film covering no new ground. If you want a fix, watch Alien & Aliens,
forget the rest.

Last edited:
Back