Beyond the Event Horizon Customs and Bashes by The_Darkness_Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really appreciate all the comments.

Here is my shot at making a droid toy look less toy-like.

Internet Before pic:
target exclusive droid pack.jpg

After:
Droid rework.jpg

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

The other droids have not been reworked or repainted.

Great work! Really nice weathering. I just got these in-hand and plotting how to use them.

As I said in the other thread, it's a real bummer the 3PO is 1/7 scale. It really is a pretty nice sculpt. I had my heart set on making a Hoth droid out of him. I'm just going to respray the gold and weather him as a backpack 3PO and he'll be fine.

I had even mulled seeing if I could use the faceplate for my SSC 3PO (the Hasbro's actually a slightly more accurate sculpt) but again, too small.

The R2 is a couple of mm's smaller in diameter than the SSC, but overall very similar in scale. I'm thinking about either making an R5 or R4M9 (tall head R5 type head from Blockade runner) out of him.

^
:exactly:
When I saw the comparison pics and info posts (and various ideas), I bought the set. The backpack 3PO sounds good and I love your idea of making custom droids like the R4. I've often considered trying to make a K-3PO.

I would like to have a R3-A2 because for some reason, I really like the transparent or bubble look on my sci-fi items.

Thanks everyone. :)

^
:exactly:
When I saw the comparison pics and info posts (and various ideas), I bought the set. The backpack 3PO sounds good and I love your idea of making custom droids like the R4. I've often considered trying to make a K-3PO.

I would like to have a R3-A2 because for some reason, I really like the transparent or bubble look on my sci-fi items.

Thanks everyone. :)

Yeah, I was just looking at my SSC R2 thinking about casting the dome in clear resin. BUt then it's solid and the clear dome should have greeblies beneath.

The Gotals are beautiful. I love the one from the Star Wars sketch book. Same pose and everything. I'm wondering though, what are you using for the bar edges? It looks great.

Just beautiful work in here man. I love observing this thread. I have a few pieces ready to customize but haven't started yet and each time I see your work I just get more and more inspired. So thank you.

The Gotals are beautiful. I love the one from the Star Wars sketch book. Same pose and everything. I'm wondering though, what are you using for the bar edges? It looks great.

Just beautiful work in here man. I love observing this thread. I have a few pieces ready to customize but haven't started yet and each time I see your work I just get more and more inspired. So thank you.

:exactly::clap

I sincerely appreciate that. :) I enjoy seeing other's creations and hoped I could contribute as well.

The bar is from the "Gentle Giant Ponda Baba Walrus Man Statue." I noticed there is one on eBay now.

:duff

Thanks so much for the comments. :D I think it helps me push through some bad migraines when I don't feel like doing anything. I must keep moving.

Progress has been slow on my current projects so I wanted to share some work in progress pics. The Danny head is temporary until I can finish an "alien" head.

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

I almost forgot...

I am not a Star Wars Battlefront game veteran like some of the fantastic artists I've seen here. But when I saw that awesome jetpack, I had to try to make at least one rebel.

I can give you all the tips and screenshots you need. Haha :D

Nice job dude! I'm about to start on my Tzizvvt after I finish the sisters.

What you have looks great….nicely deco & choose of outfit pieces.

You have to admit "the Flying Machete" does have a cool ring to it:wink1:

Thanks guys.
:hi5:

:rotfl YES! "the Flying Machete" love it.

I definitely need make a character for the Danny head.

I can give you all the tips and screenshots you need. Haha :D

Nice job dude! I'm about to start on my Tzizvvt after I finish the sisters.

I appreciate that. I've collected some images and even watch lots of Battlefront stuff on YouTube.

Again, your Tonnika sister is looking great.

Back