Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got in my Maggot set, and very nicely detailed they are...

Strangely one of them appears to have an eye looking out of it's ass:giggle:

DSC_0130.JPG
DSC_0129.JPG
DSC_0134.JPG
DSC_0132.JPG

I'm sad that Big Chief has gone out of business. I must have bought 7 or 8 one sixth figures from them over the years. From what I read, both the Pandemic and lack of sufficient sales did them in. I know this affected many people on here. I always meant to get the first Doctor. Oh well. I have Doctors 3, 4, and 10... that will have to do.

I'm sad that Big Chief has gone out of business. I must have bought 7 or 8 one sixth figures from them over the years. From what I read, both the Pandemic and lack of sufficient sales did them in. I know this affected many people on here. I always meant to get the first Doctor. Oh well. I have Doctors 3, 4, and 10... that will have to do.
I was sad too, especially since I had the deluxe Baker Doctor preordered and was eagerly and patiently waiting for it to be perfected and shipped soon.

Big Chief handled some offbeat licenses, with mostly European/British appeal, but that's the kind of retro fringe stuff I like to see in the world of figures. Its easy to become bored by the Marvel/DC/SW/Disney blockbuster stuff that Hot Toys floods the market with, so it's nice to have some diversity and options. Big Chief often made some bafflingly terrible figures, of the quality one would expect from Sideshow 20 years ago, but every once in awhile they would strike some gold, like the Pertwee Doctor and some of the Bond figures. Their Gerry Anderson line looked great, but I didn't get around to buying any of those. I wish we could have seen Big Chief survive the bad times and move forward with more of what they did well.

Big Chief tried but it seemed as if fate caught up with them. It really was a bad few years that saw many collectible makers and retailers fold. Sadly, niche collectibles tend to have an all too comfortable relationship with bankruptcy.

Back