Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

Another picture I found on FB.

150292167904025965ba89728b54d971.jpg

Best sculpt is Sakata IMO. Gotta admit, better to have these than not. Shirt look atrocious on Connery, needs replacement.

Connery does look really damn good there, and the expression is absolutely perfect for him. The paint job on the eyes could probably be better, but that's the only issue I see.

Why they made so odd , wide forehead for Connery?!!His side line of hair looks so far from face!I'm really upset at the moment.I know how perfect that head sculpt could be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sculpt quality is nowhere near as high as I was expecting. The suit looks nice. The shirt not so much, but there's plenty on the market to replace it with. However, unless the price is good (being Big Chief that's unlikely) then it's a reluctant pass for me. He's not a bad figure, IMO, but not great either and they'll likely want top dollar for him.

They all look nice, depending on price of course.

Personally, I think Oddjob looks the best of the three -- everything looks good right down to the silver watch and gold Buddha ring. Unfortunately, Goldfinger looks the worst to me -- outfit looks OK but his complexion is all wrong and the hair looks white-streaked. I do appreciate the little details they got right though (button count, watch and ring and cuffs, etc).

Best sculpt is Sakata IMO. Gotta admit, better to have these than not. Shirt look atrocious on Connery, needs replacement.

Agree, The stitching on the shirt is atrocious.

That's how you do it.

Great job big chief

According to a facebook post the MSRP shown next to these figures at the toy fair is £209.99 each.

They all look nice, depending on price of course.

Personally, I think Oddjob looks the best of the three. Unfortunately, Goldfinger looks the worst to me.

I completely agree with you. Oddjob is excellent in my opinion and my favorite of the three, but Goldfinger is not quite on the same level. Hopefully, the full pre-order pics show the figure in a different light, but the sculpt just doesn't look enough like Frobe to me at this point.

Having said all that, it isn't that I don't like the Goldfinger figure as I definitely do! I just wish that the sculpt was a little stronger.

Last edited:

According to a facebook post the MSRP shown next to these figures at the toy fair is $209.99 each.

That's the price I would have hoped for so good on them. I think that's reasonable for what is offered.

I'm eager to see more show pictures.

That's how you do it.

Great job big chief

I really like the look of these and I'm definitely in for Connery. I know some have the custom suits and stuff so these might be/are inferior to those but these are good for my money. I'm very pleased.

I think BCS has done an overall wonderful job with these and I'm very excited to see more!

I know I've said this before, but I'm also absolutely thrilled that we're getting licensed Bond figures! I'm hopeful that this line will give us many characters that we would have never seen through customs.

I believe that the person who posted the price on Facebook earlier accidentally did so in USD, so the correct price displayed next to the figures at the toy fair is £209.99 per figure which translates to about $260. This price is actually what I had suspected since it seemed odd that a non-US based toy show would have their prices set in US currency and it also brings the prices right in line with other recent BCS releases.

What about accessories and set details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, nothing has been announced yet concerning accessories. We should be seeing more pictures of the figures from the toy fair later today, so I hope that we see more accessories then.

From what I can see so far (Excluding the rings and watches) Oddjob looks to come with the statue head that he chopped off at the golf club and of course his hat. Goldfinger comes with a pool cue and a bar of gold. Connery comes with a Walther P38 and glass of mint julep.

Last edited:

the correct price displayed next to the figures at the toy fair is £209.99 per figure which translates to about $260.

Thank you for the correction.

I was excited for what seemed to be a fair price at $209.99. Should have guessed it was too good to be true.

$260 puts a different spin on these for me. Likely just getting Oddjob now. I don't think the other two are worth it. Unless retailers are allowed a hefty discount.

Back