Bizarre and awkward photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But nobody is talking about their own family here. I'm not ok with doing that with my family, nudity is not my thing. But I'm not about to impose my values on the family who decided it was ok for them, as plenty of folk here seem to be doing.

I don't think family nudity is "a thing" for most families, lol. Society sets up norms and mores that dictate what the majority are comfortable with--anything outside of those standards are considered weird, disgusting, etc. If someone posted a picture of a mother breast feeding her 12 year-old people would more than likely have the same reaction they did to the naked family photo. Neither one is a sexual act but both sure as hell aren't generally acceptable. You don't want to impose your values (which would seem to be aligned with the majority opinion) on them? Good for you, but you shouldn't be surprised or shocked at the reaction of the majority.

I don't think family nudity is "a thing" for most families, lol. Society sets up norms and mores that dictate what the majority are comfortable with--anything outside of those standards are considered weird, disgusting, etc. If someone posted a picture of a mother breast feeding her 12 year-old people would more than likely have the same reaction they did to the naked family photo. Neither one is a sexual act but both sure as hell aren't generally acceptable. You don't want to impose your values (which would seem to be aligned with the majority opinion) on them? Good for you, but you shouldn't be surprised or shocked at the reaction of the majority.

Mmyeah, fair enough. My motto has always been that if it doesn't harm others I'm cool with it (though I'm not sure that it'd be emotionally healthy for the 12 year old in your example to still be getting their snacks from mom's boob). I can't think of anything off the top of my head that'd be an exception to that motto. But yeh, I get the shock expressed by most here, I just think calls of incest and pedophilia are a bit beyond the pale.

^^ I don't think cries of incest or pedophilia are warranted either, but I wouldn't be surprised if pics like that have some sort of traumatic effect later. At the very least none of those kids should feel comfortable knowing that pic is on the internet, lol. Goodbye dreams of politics or any other job where you're in the public eye.

calling out incest and pedophilia is waaaay over the top reaction.

that's like calling out the subscribers and patrons(that's like 98% of internet capable males) of barely legal, almost pedophile. :lol:lol

That's a whole lot of projection going on there LipSmack. I didn't post the family of gun-lovers to demonstrate that it was disturbing - I posted it to highlight that when it comes to self representation, it's different strokes for different folks. I'm not judging either of these families. EITHER of them. A family wants to get nudey and play stacks-on, I can't see the harm in it. The only harm that comes of it is through the projection of one's own association of sexuality with nudity. And, as Yankee pointed out, the instant and wide dissemination of content that the internet now affords means images have to be carefully vetted before publishing them online.

On the question of disturbing, cultural context is important. Many cultures and sub-cultures don't consider nudity in and of itself to be a harmful thing - regardless of where you think the pee-pees and hoo-ha's are in relation to one another in that image. In that context, who are you to judge the general distaste that others should share in observing that scene? It's distasteful and weird to you, and others who share your general aversion to nudity in a family context.

On the other hand, I live in a culture where guns are not normal. The idea of a family posing with firearms is, broadly speaking in my cultural context, weird. But I accept that, judging on how that family is presenting itself with smiles and close physical proximity to one another, they're just a family that collectively loves guns and wants to express themselves as such.

That people should project their own morality onto others who are harming nobody through their actions is weird to me.

I have no issue with nudity, me and my GF do it all the time (walk around the house naked and whatnot) I just think the idea of a son and brother resting their dicks in their mom and brother *** cracks to be weird... could anyone here (whatever age you may be) imagine lying naked on top of your mother or brother..? Please be honest...

For me there is NO ****ing way id be caught dead in a pic like that

View attachment 95979

this is what id consider quirky... take the clothes off and its creepy...

and if you Seriously (and a really mean seriously) think a family holding guns in a picture is more disturbing then you need your head checked... seriously

Yeah, I find a pic of a family holding guns trying to look like Rambo more disturbing than a pic of a naked family. Seriously.
Doesn't mean I don't find the other pic disturbing. It's just that guns are worse than nudity in my world view.
But that's probably just me.

Yeah, I find a pic of a family holding guns trying to look like Rambo more disturbing than a pic of a naked family. Seriously.
Doesn't mean I don't find the other pic disturbing. It's just that guns are worse than nudity in my world view.
But that's probably just me.

Like I said Nudity is one thing and yes is fine... please re read my posts to see what im actually disturbed about

Mmyeah, fair enough. My motto has always been that if it doesn't harm others I'm cool with it (though I'm not sure that it'd be emotionally healthy for the 12 year old in your example to still be getting their snacks from mom's boob). I can't think of anything off the top of my head that'd be an exception to that motto. But yeh, I get the shock expressed by most here, I just think calls of incest and pedophilia are a bit beyond the pale.

I respect you for being open minded and understanding to things that others may not be. That's a cool way to be :duff

But no one should really be shocked by most people's reaction to that pic. Even more so no one should be offended by people being freaked out by that pic! :lol

That goes against most people's values and that's why it's getting the reaction that it is. Are they hurting anyone? No. But that doesn't change the fact that most people will view that as bizarre on multiple levels. I won't claim to know what the popular opinion is in countries where nudity is more socially accepted (i.e. not illegal for woman to be topless), but even there I'd have to believe that there would still be a weird-factor when mixing "family" and "anything below the belt"

The incest and pedophile talk were just jokes, or that's the way I interrupted it at least. But in seriousness, most people who are weirded out by this and whose values clash with this would agree that a little girl should not be that comfortable being naked in front of her brothers, and DEFINITELY not her father. Respectively her dad should not feel that comfortable being naked in front of her. That's just the tip of the iceberg because the whole thing is weird in 10 other ways. Is that being close-minded? If some think so fine but I think it’s ok for you guys to respect and understand people who feel that way

Back