Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Early reviews mean ****, the only thing that should give you confidence is that Villeneuve is the director.

And Arrival was underwatched, underappreciated and appropriately hyped.

More like over watched, over appreciated, inappropriately hyped.

Visually I expect this to be as spectacular as the original but I keep seeing rehashes of original characters. It seems to me like a few of the characters I've seen so far are mere rehashes of original BR characters...

Bautista seems to playing Brion James' character
Leto is playing Dr Tyrell
Barkhab Abdi is playing a version of JF Sebastian
Carla Juri is playing a version of James Hong's character

Seems like Gosling is even playing young Rick Deckard in all but name.

I agree. There's even that girl from The Martian playing the Pris role.

It does seem that they use the same archetype replicants.

Stellar reviews everywhere. Empire gave it 5 stars. Many reviews saying it's the best performance of Ford's career.

Avoid Variety's review. Massive spoilers.

A lot of positive reviews. However, it seems the running time and Leto's performance (how shocking) are weak points.

Yeah sure there are a few now iconic scenes, performances, imagery and music sprinkled throughout but the overall movie itself never did anything for me, it remains a big bore snoozefest.

The original critic reviews panned it on release and unlike 82 Thing I actually agree with their original assessments directors cut or not.

Last edited:

Yeah sure there are a few now iconic scenes, performances, imagery and music sprinkled throughout but the overall movie itself never did anything for me, it remains a big bore snoozefest.

The original critic reviews panned it on release and unlike 82 Thing I actually agree with their original assessments.

I feel the same way. I appreciate BR the same way I appreciate Bayformers. :dunno

Before anyone asks yes i’ve watched the directors cut, just more stuff to make me sleep even faster lol

Don't justify your opinion. Ford didn't like it either. He's just got more characters in the 401K than most actors.

Well we ALL can agree to disagree i ABSOLUTELY LOVE BLADE RUNNER! I LOVE it ALL from the darkness to future aspect's of the film to our own future in reality. It's just one of those movie's that spoke to me in deep way and turn the views of own humanity put in front of us to judge ourselve's and action's and basic to be and do good to each other. To dream of a better future of A.I and human's and evolution of life itself.

I actually agree it's kind of brilliant and get that the tone just isn't my cup of tea. I'm glad the sequel is getting a good reception. I'll still probably skip it in theaters since I'm not a fan of the director but I look forward to reading reactions.

I Love Blade Runner! Yet, even though I own every version, I could never bring myself to watch anything but the original. Don't want my experience somehow sullied.

But I will admit, I'm feeling tempted.

Buying Tickets for the new one today, hopefully IMAX isn't sold out yet.

That's a weirdly close minded way of thinking. Who cares if it's not as good as the original, how would that affect the way you feel about the first one anyway? They're just movies.

Back