Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

The director of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, Shinichirō Watanabe, will be directing "Blade Runner Black Out 2022" - an anime short that's supposed to help fill in the gap between the original Blade Runner and 2049.

https://cinema.pia.co.jp/news/171036/72199/

Last edited:

yeah same old "brillliant masterpiece breaks new ground" stuff

I understand the skepticism, but this Director at the helm gives me hope that's it's not just hyperbole.

Don't get me wrong- I HOPE it lives up to those descriptions!!

I thought arrival was super overhyped so I'm going to be skeptical regardless of the reviews.

I thought arrival was super overhyped so I'm going to be skeptical regardless of the reviews.

Yeah, I didn't get the genius of Arrival. Octopus-people and a circular plot that became obvious where it was going from early on.

But his cold and unsentimental approach could work very well for Blade Runner.

I hope it does. I'm a huge fan of sci-fi films, plus having Ford and Gosling is an added bonus for me. I think Jared Leto will make for an interesting villain as well.

Visually I expect this to be as spectacular as the original but I keep seeing rehashes of original characters. It seems to me like a few of the characters I've seen so far are mere rehashes of original BR characters...

Bautista seems to playing Brion James' character
Leto is playing Dr Tyrell
Barkhab Abdi is playing a version of JF Sebastian
Carla Juri is playing a version of James Hong's character

Seems like Gosling is even playing young Rick Deckard in all but name.

As someone who's been a fan of the franchise since '82 I really hope i'm wrong and this has fresh characters to go with an expansion of the story.

Visually I expect this to be as spectacular as the original but I keep seeing rehashes of original characters. It seems to me like a few of the characters I've seen so far are mere rehashes of original BR characters...

Bautista seems to playing Brion James' character
Leto is playing Dr Tyrell
Barkhab Abdi is playing a version of JF Sebastian
Carla Juri is playing a version of James Hong's character

Seems like Gosling is even playing young Rick Deckard in all but name.

As someone who's been a fan of the franchise since '82 I really hope i'm wrong and this has fresh characters to go with an expansion of the story.

It's as fresh as TFA.

Early reviews mean ****, the only thing that should give you confidence is that Villeneuve is the director.

And Arrival was underwatched, underappreciated and appropriately hyped.

It's as fresh as TFA.

qOP9KEF.gif

Back