Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

I like BR a lot, but it's a slow film, yet I don't mind it because I like the characters and the world they created. Maybe it has become a bit overrated, like some of those 70's rock albums that people gush over..*cough* Led Zeppelin IV :chase

I Love Blade Runner! Yet, even though I own every version, I could never bring myself to watch anything but the original. Don't want my experience somehow sullied.

By original, you mean the U.S. theatrical version with the voiceovers and happy ending?

By original, you mean the U.S. theatrical version with the voiceovers and happy ending?

Yes ....

That's a weirdly close minded way of thinking. Who cares if it's not as good as the original, how would that affect the way you feel about the first one anyway? They're just movies.

Didn't realize I was closed minded.

In some ways, there is an analogy to the Star Wars special editions with the Blade Runner director's cut in Final Cut. One big difference I think though, is that Ridley Scott wasn't involved with some of the extra pieces that were put into the US theatrical release, and it wasn't his vision to start out with. Lucas makes that argument, that there were things he wanted to do in the original Star Wars films and wasn't able to. This was addressed with the special editions, though I personally take his argument with a grain of salt. Coming back to rushmore's initial point though, I can certainly understand not wanting to change my opinion about a movie by watching something that was very different and the tone and approach. If I like the original that is, even if the critical consensus is that the follow-up versions are superior. And certainly adding in those voice overs and the ending to The Original US theatrical release give it a very different tone than the subsequent Ridley involved Editions.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Final Cut is best cut.

Don't wanna sullie da original blade runnerz moofies brah lmao

I think 2049 will be better than the original.

Stands a more than fair chance.

Don't "no u" back at me, mister, I'm looking forward to this one, duh.

I'm not sure what that means. I was replying to your post (which looked liked a retard typed it) that seemed to be directed at me for saying they're "only movies."

Nope

reviews are saying boring but nothing to earn cult status like the original.

Next.

Doubt it. You won't like it though, it's the cool thing to do,remember?

I'm not sure what that means. I was replying to your post (which looked liked a retard typed it) that seemed to be directed at me for saying they're "only movies."

That's the point, that's what people sound like when they say stuff like that, Jesus.

It was, that's what people sound like when they say stuff like that.

You're right. People that say they won't watch a movies sequel because it "sullies" the original are way cooler. Lmao. I don't watch any sequels for that reason.

They are indeed, but take that out with rushmore, I see do them so I can trash them with full knowledge afterwards. At least sometimes.

What the hell is going on in here.

Jye is coppin' an attitude. Snoop and Gaspar are taking each other too literally. It's Friday boyos, lighten up.

They are indeed, but take that out with rushmore, I see do them so I can trash them with full knowledge afterwards. At least sometimes.

giphy.gif

Back