Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BladeRunner sequel

Nothing to be afraid of, great cast and great director so far.
Nothing to be afraid of, because we shouldn't assume it will be anything special. The original is a modern classic of film. Extremely unlikely this will be akin to Fury Road, as something that can rival the original. The very most I'm hoping for here is that it is a serviceable sci-fi movie, worthy of a couple of hours of my time.

Re: BladeRunner sequel

Extremely unlikely this will be akin to Fury Road.
Well, it's got a better shot with Villeneuve than with Scott.

It depends if the story is good, because at least the good actors and the director it already has. Nothing to fear as for this being like all the other modern sequel/remake/reboots of old franchises, I think it's very unlikely it'll turn out like that.

Don't expect it to be as good as the original, but at the very least I expect it to be very good.

Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

I sure am, since my expectations are somewhat high because I have Villeneuve on high regard, and Ryan Gosling doesn't seem to make crappy popcorn blockbusters.

So it's quite a drop if it ends up being crap.

How about a CGI Roy?

thumbnailImage

I think it's more than likely they're gonna go full CGI with this, but at least with Villeneuve I have hope he can make it look great and non-videogame-y

I have faith in Villeneuve but I'm hoping they use CGI sporadically. The original is timeless largely due to all the incredible practical work...

This is a great cast, for sure. And I hope so much that this movie is good. Blade Runner is one of my favourite movies, and I'm hoping that this can measure up ok. I'm managing to keep myself not too hyped for this, so hopefully if it isn't good I won't feel so let down. :)

BLADE RUNNER 2049.

Love the title.

I'm sure Chan is following the progress. Plus, WB probably keeps then in the loop should the license become available.

Was never a huge fan of the original beyond its music and visuals but I hope this can somehow live up to 35 years worth of people's imagination by the time it comes out.

Was never a huge fan of the original beyond its music and visuals but I hope this can somehow live up to 35 years worth of people's imagination by the time it comes out.

Takes a brave soul to say that around here....

It won't even come close to living up to expectations.
I just hope it's a good sic-fi film.

Back