Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

So Ryan Gosling is the new skin job hunter at Rep Detec.....:slap

Good news Harrison Ford will appear thanks to de-aging cgi developed during Ant-Man.:yess:

Ryan Gosling and the director have been the best news about this.

This could actually be a good sequel.

Can Gosling pull off being a Blade Runner in a sci-fi detective noir? He's going to be compared to Ford's Deckard, anyway Ford will only steal the film as soon as he appears as long as the fx don't look ****.

Nah, Ford will only be nostalgia bait, I bet he'll be just old Deckard advising Gosling's character or something, probably not even that much screentime.

I love the original, but Gosling is a better actor than Ford ever was, there's no worry there. And the director's gonna make this look damn gorgeous.

Just picked up the 30th Anniversay Digi-book on Blu for $16.....while I think 4 different cuts is a bit much, its pretty cool nonetheless

Deckard is a replicant....he'll be the same age as he was in 1982 or are they going to for a Terminator Genisys rip off?

Deckard is a replicant....he'll be the same age as he was in 1982 or are they going to for a Terminator Genisys rip off?

So, an aging cyborg/replicant is an automatic ripoff of T:G? Does that mean the original Terminator is a ripoff of the original Blade Runner?

Then Terminator rips off Blade Runner, then the new Blade Runner turns around and rips off the new Terminator. Sounds like a weird loop, Cameron would be proud. Maybe a third Blade Runner will be made where Deckard goes back to make sure Genisys is never made.

The original Terminator was a rip off of a Harlan Ellison episode of the Outer Limits.

The original Terminator was a rip off of a Harlan Ellison episode of the Outer Limits.
Terminator also took from the x-men days of future past comic...hmm hmm

So, an aging cyborg/replicant is an automatic ripoff of T:G? Does that mean the original Terminator is a ripoff of the original Blade Runner?

Then Terminator rips off Blade Runner, then the new Blade Runner turns around and rips off the new Terminator. Sounds like a weird loop, Cameron would be proud. Maybe a third Blade Runner will be made where Deckard goes back to make sure Genisys is never made.

Do Androids Dream of Electronic Sheep is a totally different concept to what Cameron envisioned Terminator to be, it just it's become similar as we've gotten into the Terminator sequels as Terminator fights Terminator again and again and again...

There isn't really a killer instinct in Blade Runner as the replicant's motive wasn't to kill but to live.

There's nothing that Terminator did that was a new concept in any way in terms of sci-fi, much lessTG, it's a mesh of pre-existing concepts, most sci-fi concepts were invented like before the 70's or so, even some that haven't even made it to the big screen because nobody understands them :lol like imaginary time.

Apparently Jared Leto's playing a Nexus skinjob and the villain...

I really hope WB clears up the rights and gives us merchandise finally for the 35th next year.

What's the budget on this?

I think it's more than likely they're gonna go full CGI with this, but at least with Villeneuve I have hope he can make it look great and non-videogame-y

Back