Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I'm so friggin stoked about these figures. Again, just wow! I can imagine it in the detolf already! For me its the classic trio of Murray/Aykroyd/Ramis, the back and forth in the hotel and hunting for Slimer.

The wait continues!

Moranis_1_embed.jpg

How about Party Dana, Tully, Terror Dog 3 pack :thud:

...or Janos, Viggo, Possessed Ray 3 pack :thud:

...or possessed Key Master/Gatekeeper 2 pack :thud:

I'm so friggin stoked about these figures. Again, just wow! I can imagine it in the detolf already! For me its the classic trio of Murray/Aykroyd/Ramis, the back and forth in the hotel and hunting for Slimer.

Yea I'm thinking the same, although its hard not to want all 4

I love this part
giphy (6).gif

The secretary, after all she was the real next part of the team...even before Winston arrived...infact she made the "Job" interview to Winston...sooooo....

Pretty sure Slimer will come with Bill Murray figure.

If they're $220 each, all four is definitely happening.

The only thing I don't want to miss is the first day these go up for PO.

If there isn't any extra incentive to buy all 4 I might just stick with the original 3. But if there is an incentive like a discounted price, slimer figure, etc then I would probably buy all 4.

Like the fight club set I bet there will be some sort of enticement.

If there isn't any extra incentive to buy all 4 I might just stick with the original 3. But if there is an incentive like a discounted price, slimer figure, etc then I would probably buy all 4.

Like the fight club set I bet there will be some sort of enticement.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

If they're $220 each, I think I'll go all four, regardless of a bundled four pack or not. If they're $250 per figure, I might just go with the original three and a Slimer, and recreate the Sedgwick Hotel bust. If they're $250 a piece but there's also a bundled four pack that is about $800 - $850 ish, I'll probably get the pack.

I just want Aykroyd and maybe Murray. But only if they're good. Ramis is a big maybe. No interest in Hudson. Just saw the film again, and Hudson almost isn't in it. He's not really part of the team, keeps saying he's not one of them and whines a lot. And it's not a race thing it's a character thing. He is just a lousy written character. He's just there to show how busy the Ghostbusters are, and then they don't really use him for anything.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

If they're $220 each, I think I'll go all four, regardless of a bundled four pack or not. If they're $250 per figure, I might just go with the original three and a Slimer, and recreate the Sedgwick Hotel bust. If they're $250 a piece but there's also a bundled four pack that is about $800 - $850 ish, I'll probably get the pack.

I am pretty sure they will cost more than the $250 Fight Club pieces. As they got the proton pack.

I just want Aykroyd and maybe Murray. But only if they're good. Ramis is a big maybe. No interest in Hudson. Just saw the film again, and Hudson almost isn't in it. He's not really part of the team, keeps saying he's not one of them and whines a lot. And it's not a race thing it's a character thing. He is just a lousy written character. He's just there to show how busy the Ghostbusters are, and then they don't really use him for anything.

Getting Ecto-1, Ramis and Murray. Expensive enough in one go.
Winston is fairly well liked by me. Thinking it will be cheaper than the others on the secondary market, down the line.

...but each figure has a LOT of re-use, that's a cost savings coming our way (I hope)

My wife thought my hot toys Marty mcfly was Michael Jackson. I showed her this blitzway venkman and she said wow he looks real are you buying it! Just need to explain I need all 4 now!

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Getting Ecto-1, Ramis and Murray. Expensive enough in one go.
Winston is fairly well liked by me. Thinking it will be cheaper than the others on the secondary market, down the line.

This is another route I'm contemplating. May initially just get the original three and hold off on Winston for now to see if he can be acquired for cheap on the secondary market. I would ideally like to have all four, but if there would be an odd man out, it would be Winston for basically the same reason jasper said, sans the whining part. He didn't seem like a whiner to me and I don't think he was necessarily poorly written either, but he just didn't seem as prominent in the film as the founding three and you didn't really feel like he was fully part of the group in GB I; especially when he tried to distance himself from them after the containment system debacle. You didn't really get the sense that he was fully one of the guys until GB II, in my opinion. Even then, he still seemed to distance himself a bit whenever they really got their hands dirty, such as with digging the hole and causing the blackout. You could say he vindicated himself though after the scene where they went for a dip in the river of slime and ultimately ended up getting committed to the mental hospital after causing a scene in their long underwear. I liked the fact that he was actually participating in an investigation, rather than the other three guys doing it and then him just tagging along whenever they had a call for a bust.

The Ghostbusters figures are going to be around $220 each. Also for those commenting / worried that the Ecto-1 will become the next "66 Batmobile, I wouldn't be concerned. I was told a few things that I can't repeat, which indicated to me that Blitzway was very committed to getting the Ecto-1 out.

How much for the 1/12?

This is another route I'm contemplating. May initially just get the original three and hold off on Winston for now to see if he can be acquired for cheap on the secondary market. I would ideally like to have all four, but if there would be an odd man out, it would be Winston for basically the same reason jasper said, sans the whining part. He didn't seem like a whiner to me and I don't think he was necessarily poorly written either, but he just didn't seem as prominent in the film as the founding three and you didn't really feel like he was fully part of the group in GB I; especially when he tried to distance himself from them after the containment system debacle. You didn't really get the sense that he was fully one of the guys until GB II, in my opinion. Even then, he still seemed to distance himself a bit whenever they really got their hands dirty, such as with digging the hole and causing the blackout. You could say he vindicated himself though after the scene where they went for a dip in the river of slime and ultimately ended up getting committed to the mental hospital after causing a scene in their long underwear. I liked the fact that he was actually participating in an investigation, rather than the other three guys doing it and then him just tagging along whenever they had a call for a bust.

:exactly: Just have to say, that is the thing Winston is so special about and actually fits in, cause he doesn`t. We got Ramis the crazy scientist, Aykroyd the goofy one and Murray the ironic comedian. Then Hudson just tags along as the normal guy in this crazy trio.

These are fantastic. I feel like Venkman needs a tiny bit more work but I'd still buy him in a heartbeat. Ray is so good that I will now have to get him as well, and that means I will probably end up with all four...

Right now I think these are the best reveal of SDCC, at least as far as 1:6 scale is concerned. I one fell swoop, Blitzway pretty much schooled every other 1:6 company outside of HT how it should be done. The entire team all at once--not Venkman, a couple of unpainted heads for Egon and Ray, and a sketch of Winston--but fully painted and polished figures. Fantastic sculpts, near flawless tailoring, outstanding accessories, now that's really what I want to see more of.

These are absolute must-buys for me. I don't think the pics really show off how fantastic these turned out.

4bf3c38d06dedb0104919254009f3286.jpg

855476b9721e772c98eaa020dc0ee133.jpg

d4d14dff83f20b54c6b0cec68c3a6443.jpg

5aa684b6dc91aef9127d47fa78546444.jpg

91a08bd5d8f848db97bc0c20a017f9e3.jpg

Back