Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The announcement would line up with the 40th anniversary of the original film, but I also wonder if this is just a reaction to Star Ace and Present Toys.

I know BW has stated in the past that they don't reissue figures, so would it still count as a reissue if they release '84 figures with new bodies and new head sculpts?

On the other hand, I could also easily see them releasing a GB2 set. All the tooling is already done, aside from a slime blower, and they could use the existing suit patterns, with a darker colour fabric this time. Plus they can use the same Ecto-1 molds, with some new kibble attached to the roof panel.

Soldier Toys showed prototypes in their regular clothes. I suppose that's a possibility if they don't want to do Reissues as a matter of policy, though I don't know how well they would sell.

"We're ready to believe you" looks might be cool. Or maybe suits covered in marshmallow goo.
I remember those Soldier Toys went up for PO and being disappointed those were cancelled.

I think it was Egon and Peter in formal business suits but they came with proton packs.

IIRC, there were even protos shown at a con for the 2016 GBs - Chris Hemsworth and one of the SNL ladies.

Last edited:
Happy if it's a v2 of the Ghostbusters, bit sad because I've ordered few of the guys from the third parties, that cannot be cancelled. -__-
3rd parties GB figures can be used to create alternate poses/scenes and with different accessories. Also, you’ll have spare parts in case the Blitzway brake or go missing.

Or put the Ghostbusters 3rd party figures in the Ecto-1 vehicle.

I bought the Saturn Toys Batman/Robin specifically to seat in the Batmobile 66 (JazzInc) and to free up my Hot Toys duo for other poses.

3rd parties GB figures can be used to create alternate poses/scenes and with different accessories. Also, you’ll have spare parts in case the Blitzway brake or go missing.

Or put the Ghostbusters 3rd party figures in the Ecto-1 vehicle.

I bought the Saturn Toys Batman/Robin specifically to seat in the Batmobile 66 (JazzInc) and to free up my Hot Toys duo for other poses.
Hmm that's a good idea. Spare parts!
Also to put them inside Ecto-1.

Thank you!

Super excited at the possibility of new quality ghostbusters figures but as some have pointed out a lot of the products listed on the post have already been released like the voltron. I’m inclined to think they’re new releases but what does everyone else think?

I honestly can’t think that too many collectors would be upset if these are just straight reissues. Lots of people are missing Winston for one thing. The originals were sold out everywhere before release, I still remember the mad scramble from members here the handful of times Toy Anxiety broke the set down for parts. And probably a lot of people would be down for buying extras of at least some of the guys to put inside their Ecto-1s.

Yeah no body was buying those 2016 versions. :lol

Also spec fiction put these back up and then put them straight to waitlist.... Interesting. 🤔
Just saw a post on FB saying that Spec had all four up and available to buy for $550 each and he had them in his cart but ended up passing because Winston sold out immediately.

Curious timing though, no?

Just saw a post on FB saying that Spec had all four up and available to buy for $550 each and he had them in his cart but ended up passing because Winston sold out immediately.

Curious timing though, no?
$550???
twinkie GIF by Ghostbusters

Yeah no body was buying those 2016 versions. :lol

Also spec fiction put these back up and then put them straight to waitlist.... Interesting. 🤔
Did not like GB 2016 but I probably would have purchased a Kristen Wiig 1:6 figure of her GB character since I’m a fan of her from SNL.

I tend to purchase not only based on the character/movie but if I like the actor.

I preordered the Blitzway Morgan Island not because I liked the Cutthroat Island movie but due to being a Geena Davis fan - unfortunately, the figure was canceled, presumably due to initial low PO returns. 😭

1727637980716.jpeg

Last edited:
Back