Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, I also haven't seen it in years but figured that was the main suit they used given all the toys and the promo pics. I googled it and saw they did wear the dark ones in the film but I'm not sure how much. Odd.

Mostly during the Run DMC montage
Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 12.51.54 PM.png

both in the same shot
Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 12.53.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 12.53.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 12.54.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 12.54.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 12.55.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 12.55.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 1.01.45 PM.png

And despite the promo pics...
Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 1.01.10 PM.png

they don't wear the grey with the blowers in the actual film finale
Screen Shot 2024-10-03 at 1.05.39 PM.png

I've been following this thread and I'm not even what I would consider a "fan" of the film. I enjoyed it and it was fun but I've never collected anything from the film. Still, the four of them posed together is such an iconic movie moment...they're almost calling me to purchase... Anyone else have odd things like that where you wouldn't think you'd consider something but it just looks soooo good?

I think the dark suits are ugly... and probably don't work well in practical terms in dark scenes with lots of layers of SFX.
Part of it is nostalgia and rose tinted glasses.

As a kid, I saw the movie on a summer school field trip and bought (still own) the GB2 CD soundtrack (shout out Bobby Brown :lol) so those dark suits on the album cover are ingrained into my psyche.

I wear mostly black clothing and shoes, so I have a personal bias for dark colors in general.

I've been following this thread and I'm not even what I would consider a "fan" of the film. I enjoyed it and it was fun but I've never collected anything from the film. Still, the four of them posed together is such an iconic movie moment...they're almost calling me to purchase... Anyone else have odd things like that where you wouldn't think you'd consider something but it just looks soooo good?
I like Ahsoka just fine, but nothing huge.

I still ordered Baylen and Shin cause they look great

I think a combination of set lighting and post production colour grading made the flight suits appear more grayish on film in certain GB1 scenes. Some say there was some purple dye added to tint the colour a bit, but I'm not sure if that was ever substantiated. Also, if you look up images of the original GB1 suits today, they are a muted khaki, in addition to some yellowing from age.

1727987815175.png

Last edited:
This is what made me into the Universal Monsters. The movies aired waaay before I was born, yet the designs are sooo good that I fell in love visually and started to watch them, collect their figures, etc.

I like Ahsoka just fine, but nothing huge.

I still ordered Baylen and Shin cause they look great
That's a great one! I went in on the Ahsoka stuff because I liked Rebels and I thought the characters were visually striking. Baylen and Shin were definitely top of the list for me. I often think about a Detolf shelf and what would look good on it. I think Baylen and Shin would be great, maybe with Thrawn centered in the front!

This is what made me into the Universal Monsters. The movies aired waaay before I was born, yet the designs are sooo good that I fell in love visually and started to watch them, collect their figures, etc.
I can totally see that. I think the design for Dracula, Frankenstein, the Werewolf and the Mummy are all engrained in my mind. Good one!

I wonder why they wore combat boots. Why not sneakers, more comfortable and practical for busting. Most action heroes like Sly, Arnie, Norris, wore combat boots, even Beetlejuice wore them, so was it a fashion thing in the 80s?

Bad boys wear boots.

Can you imagine The Crow in sneakers?

I really wonder if they will make the black patches on the elbow pads, they're missing on the prototypes.

Back