Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right sorted the ''case'' for now.i put the HD1003 in and it looks like a 1/6 figure:lol
I went for a glass base with LEDs the base has mirrored edges front and sides and a black vinyl type covering for more reflectiveness (and to hide the wiring).looks really good.

at the rear the battery pack (3x AA) SLOTS INTO THE BASE with about an inch sticking out.there's even a flashing setting for ''disco'' bruce:rotfl

the lights are bright white (camera makes them look blue.
the size of this statue is gonna be huge,the HD1003 looks tiny in it:exactly:

here's a quick image with the lights on:wink1:

picture of battery pack slotting into the base,the LEDs are 3 rows of 4,and stick up about 1/2 inch

overall really impressed,james gets a 10 all round for quality.craftmanship and price.
pics don't do it justice.

Fabulous Chris, thanks for the pics! Now I'm even more excited about getting mine next week!!!

Yep I probably am haha!( defo think he looks diferent though :p)
In the side by side, the film shot looks slightly stretched to me, the one underneath pic looks right and its closer to the sculpt, Also I think the pic Arnie took of the head went much closer to showing how accurate this head sculpt could be in hand.

Yeah it is slightly stretched, hence why I posted the pic down the bottom which still looks narrower than the sculpt on this statue.

Those pics you posted are ones I used show that the face was not fat because you should see the cheek bones etc. However, you will notice in those pics that the jaw line is not defined, nor prominent, so basically there is too much fat in that area where there shouldn't be, as the jawline is too smooth. It is a weird statue because some parts indicate the areas have no fat, for example the cheek bones. Whereas other areas indicate the statue has too much fat, like the non defined jaw line. :panic:

Yea its is slightly fuller, smoother, that's why I was thinking last night, that its probably closer to how he looked in ETD. I'll have to get GOD on bluray when I get this and compare while watching the actual movie
enterDragon.jpg

We're never happy are we!!

right sorted the ''case'' for now.i put the HD1003 in and it looks like a 1/6 figure:lol
I went for a glass base with LEDs the base has mirrored edges front and sides and a black vinyl type covering for more reflectiveness (and to hide the wiring).looks really good.

at the rear the battery pack (3x AA) SLOTS INTO THE BASE with about an inch sticking out.there's even a flashing setting for ''disco'' bruce:rotfl

the lights are bright white (camera makes them look blue.
the size of this statue is gonna be huge,the HD1003 looks tiny in it:exactly:

here's a quick image with the lights on:wink1:

picture of battery pack slotting into the base,the LEDs are 3 rows of 4,and stick up about 1/2 inch

overall really impressed,james gets a 10 all round for quality.craftmanship and price.
pics don't do it justice.

Dam it took Andy's reply post for me even notice this.:slap

Yeah it looks brilliant, I guess that WOD statue will keep the place warm till you get the GOD statue.

bruce actually lost weight filming ETD.he was about 10lbs heavier in GOD:lol..blame the catsuit.:rotfl
oh thanks for FINALY noticing my case guys.:thwak (just kidding.)

:lol very slimming..yet GOD is bruce's only movie where he didn't fight topless.(wont include marlowe).so to stay looking slim buy a GOD catsuit.

Nice fancypants display case you got there Chris :D

I think the statue would look pretty cool in there :hi5:

bruce actually lost weight filming ETD.he was about 10lbs heavier in GOD:lol..blame the catsuit.:rotfl
oh thanks for FINALY noticing my case guys.:thwak (just kidding.)

Yeah that's what I thought, hence the striation in his muscles but his face sure looked skinnier in GOD, like the defined jawline in this pic below but I guess I can't find a good comparison pic with that angle from ETD. Also shanco9's pic was convincing that it made me think I was wrong and thought he gained weight for ETD.

Nice fancypants display case you got there Chris :D

I think the statue would look pretty cool in there :hi5:

fancypants is my middle name:lol
found a few outdoor pics of bruce in GOD,he looks bigger and not as defined (if you can call it that:slap) as in ETD.THAT'S MY TAKE ANYWAY.

I don't know how old you are, and maybe your one of those lucky sobs :)P) and you look the same now as you always have, but for myself and a lot of people there's a period when our faces change(and quite quickly) from the youthful could pass for early twenties look to a more adult "look my age" type face.

For me it happened in my late 20s, everyone is different I know (I went to college with a bloke who finished the year looking like a 19 year old and when he started the next he could of passed for 35, and I also know more than a few more who now in their 30's can still pass for kids :D)
I think that Bruce was just going through that period of change(I'm not talking about some drastic difference but enough that Bruce has an "older" slightly fuller matured face) around GOD and ETD, as shown in the picture I posted.

That was all I was trying to hi-light with regards to this sculpt, but if you don't agree, that's cool.

Seeing as you mentioned the weight change, another theory for his slightly wider, fuller face could be that he was suffering some bloating effects in the face around that period, a side effect sometimes associated with rapid weight loss.
But since he unfortunately didn't live long enough for us to observe whether that was the case, I've always just put it down to the natural progressions of aging.

Or of course Karl Pilkington could have been right!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-dUcSeBATE

Any Karl Pilkington reference means you're alright with me :hi5:

I'm 35 and other than the crows feet sadly getting deeper and that adult look of life beating me down :monkey2 :lol ...I look pretty much the same.

I understand what you are saying though ... and its obvious when you look at film stars over a 20yr period .... but I don't believe I've ever seen an instance where that happens naturally over a 2yr period.

As per subsequent posts from Darkavatar its not a matter of figuring out why his face may be different, the sculpt is simply too wide, especially for his appearance in GoD when his face was much thinner.

I think overall the statue will still be an incredible piece ....hence I was (I think) first to pre-order here. And as I've said many times before, in real life we aren't constantly staring at these toys/statues 2 inches away from our face like the photos show.... statues especially tend to sit high up on shelves and I think overall this will be the most impressive Lee piece ever made.

fancypants is my middle name:lol
found a few outdoor pics of bruce in GOD,he looks bigger and not as defined (if you can call it that:slap) as in ETD.THAT'S MY TAKE ANYWAY.

Those aren't outdoor scenes for GoD ....a long held mistake that contributes to the thought there is 'lost footage' out there somewhere.

It was for a photo shoot....and they are great photos!

Any Karl Pilkington reference means you're alright with me :hi5:

I'm 35 and other than the crows feet sadly getting deeper and that adult look of life beating me down :monkey2 :lol ...I look pretty much the same.

I understand what you are saying though ... and its obvious when you look at film stars over a 20yr period .... but I don't believe I've ever seen an instance where that happens naturally over a 2yr period.

As per subsequent posts from Darkavatar its not a matter of figuring out why his face may be different, the sculpt is simply too wide, especially for his appearance in GoD when his face was much thinner.

I think overall the statue will still be an incredible piece ....hence I was (I think) first to pre-order here. And as I've said many times before, in real life we aren't constantly staring at these toys/statues 2 inches away from our face like the photos show.... statues especially tend to sit high up on shelves and I think overall this will be the most impressive Lee piece ever made.

:exactly:

Those aren't outdoor scenes for GoD ....a long held mistake that contributes to the thought there is 'lost footage' out there somewhere.

It was for a photo shoot....and they are great photos!

Yeah just like the car park pictures where people think they are the unseen footage from the air port scenes from GOD.

Back