Boba Fett Show of Hands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you canceled your PF Boba Fett?

• Yes

Votes: 45 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Undecided whether to cancel or not

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Didn't order Boba Fett

Votes: 50 33.6%

• Total voters
kodiak8658 said:
DUH???? $325 for an ABS statue. If you don't feel ripped off paying full price for a statue made of less quality materials, I've got a macaroni baseball bat for sale.

I think ABS is awesome. I'm glad to have a lighter statue coming. Many people complain about the weight of these PF's because their shelves won't hold it. This could be a nice solution to the problem. I hope every PF from now on is made of ABS.

I'm not going to go over the whole ABS vs Polystone again but they are two very durable plastics.

Looks like we have a new Collector Freak :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
KitFisto said:
Agreed. I don't see how he can feel ripped off either when you could have canceled it over a month ago when this debate started or you can still send it back if you don't like it.

It's not a rip off if you like it and keep it.

The debate is... I LOVE THIS STATUE, however I feel like I'm not getting my monies worth with ABS. You can see how someone may be torn between keeping and canceling this item. If the price was lowered even $75, I would feel
like this is a better value, but that will never happen.

Darth Loki said:
I think ABS is awesome. I'm glad to have a lighter statue coming. Many people complain about the weight of these PF's because their shelves won't hold it. This could be a nice solution to the problem. I hope every PF from now on is made of ABS.

And you are either the dumbest person on this board or just love playing antaganist. I'm not going to go over the whole ABS vs Polystone again but they are two very durable plastics.

How many times must people point out that it's not the durability of the materials but the simple fact that ABS COSTS MUCH CHEAPER THAN POLYSTONE!!!!

I too wouldn't care if all PFs switched to ABS, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay more than $250 for one.

IrishJedi said:
How many times must people point out that it's not the durability of the materials but the simple fact that ABS COSTS MUCH CHEAPER THAN POLYSTONE!!!!

I too wouldn't care if all PFs switched to ABS, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay more than $250 for one.

For a regular PF, I agree. I am more than happy to be getting Maul for under $250. I don't think Fett is a normal PF though. He has a lot of misc. pieces that all needed their own tooling. The only other two PF's that are like that are Vader and Grievous, who were both more expensive.

Don't think that I wouldn't have liked to see the price drop on this, I just don't think SS had a good way of doing it so late in the game (namely for their dealers who had been pre-sold out for a long time)

Darth Loki said:

And you are either the dumbest person on this board or just love playing antaganist. I'm not going to go over the whole ABS vs Polystone again but they are two very durable plastics.

Hey guy, if the SW Premium Format statue changed to all ABS for all future items, I wouldn't mind as long as the price was adjusted to compensate, and I knew ahead of time.

If you can't see my point, you are the one that may have the title, "dumbest person on this board".

And just a heads up, plastics can range from VERY durable to VERY fragile, depending on what is mixed with it. How do you know exactly what grade of plastic we will be receiving? It has already been established that some of the armor was extremely thin, and that's why they had a problem mixing the media. Try commenting next time with fact rather than conjecture.

I should probably stay out of this but with all the "dumb" talk I had too:

dunce.jpg

Where did this "ABS is much cheaper to produce" argument come from, btw?

Everything I read on the topic suggests that this is not the case.

I purchase these materials and ABS is a good deal cheaper than Polystone and other plastics-based resin compounds.

But it costs much more to mold ABS than polystone due to the steel molds. There was no savings for SSC and it probably cost more.

Seretur said:
Where did this "ABS is much cheaper to produce" argument come from, btw?

Everything I read on the topic suggests that this is not the case.

Please provide documentation supporting the fact that ABS costs as much as polystone.

Darklord Dave said:
But it costs much more to mold ABS than polystone due to the steel molds. There was no savings for SSC and it probably cost more.

There are other ways to mold ABS and there may have been other possible options. SSC made a design & production decision and that's their right... but we shouldn't have to absorb those costs too, imho.

In fact, it's quite rare to so bluntly state that back-end prices to the consumer were directly affected by front-end R&D by the manufacturer. This would be akin to a McDonald's store suddenly charging more for their hamburgers because they upgraded their cooking equipment.

Last edited:
I don't claim that the material costs are equal, but why is it so inconceivable that the R&D costs are integrated in the price of the final product? That's always the case, in any business.

Anyway, I do hope that those of us who do absorb the cost are perfectly happy with the final product. And those who chose not to don't get to suffer any penalties due to their cancellations, so that's also fine... I hope.

I know that when the minimum wage goes up, the fast food joints raise their prices. The ingredients aren't more expensive, but the costs involved in preparing and serving and even cleaning the restrooms all get passed on to the consumer. They have to pay all their bills from the profits from their sales. Even the janitor's salary has to be absorbed by the cost of the Whopper or Big Mac. All expenses--not just ingredients--are paid for by the customers and are factored into the final price of your hamburger.

Hey now!! That looks like a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's. My favorite fast food meal of all time. I'd pay good money for one of those right now, minus the mayo and tomato.

:monkey1

tomandshell said:
Hey now!! That looks like a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's. My favorite fast food meal of all time. I'd pay good money for one of those right now, minus the mayo and tomato.

:monkey1

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

I'll take extra mayo on mine though

Back