BOIL and WAXER with NUMA 12" Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clone Wars Anakin is underappreciated...

4998655070_7c288ceea6_z.jpg

Very true... Anakin is a great piece...

I agree with most people, the Boil and Waxers are nice figures and the episode they were in was awesome.. It shows that they were not just cold soldiers and that they had a soft spot for the people. This figures are a pass for me...

Sideshow we need more TESB figures...:gah:

Give this crap it's own thread and keep it out of the threads concerning GOOD material. I am deeply offended that I have lived to see Sylvester Stallone dirtying one of my beloved Star Wars threads.

You are, by far, the worst poster on these boards.

Unless you're indeed a Sock Puppet as I've suspected. In which case you are brilliant.

I like this set. It's nice to see Sideshow do some non standard characters like Numa, IG-88, Yoda and Hammerhead. It shows that they care for this line and are happy to experiment instead of just going for safe choices.

Who??? Find me a single person who would have put these figures anywhere on their Want list.

:wave

I've wanted this set (or at least the adorable little Twi'lek) since I saw that episode. Which, btw, was one of the most emotional and wonderful bits of Star Wars ever committed to screen. If you've never seen it due to some ridiculous anti-Clone Wars sentiment, it's your loss.

Sorry this hurts your butt so much, but don't buy it. Done. :peace

The sculpts are not too shabby - I will probably pick them up. Not a great exciting choice by SST, but they need to make their money where they can and I think this will sell to their liking. As for people talking about interest in this line dying off and it getting cancelled... uhmm, yeah - really? Never happen... ever.

Not sure I understand the moaning here.

1)We knew these were coming from SDCC.
2)We knew for the past 5 years that once SSC started on clones we would keep seeing them for the rest of our natural born lives.
3)If you haven't been complaining about every other clone made thus far, why start now?
4)At least with Numa they are starting to show they are thinking outside the box a little.

Look closely at that video and you will see there are actually 4 Clones standing there so probably one helmet per clone. I called this one as soon as I saw the SW Panel video I spotted the unfinished Numa and then saw the four Utapau clones and sure enough it's a 3 Pack. I really liked that episode because it shows that the clones are more than mindless drones clambering to catch a laser blast in the head. And Numa was calling Waxer and Boil "nara" ?spelling which Obi-Wan confirmed means friend. Again a very good episode:clap :clap.
And Yes I will be buying this set, my 10yo Daughter and I both enjoy the clone wars series and despite the fact Sideshow hasn't already released everything else first I think the timing for this is excellent. Star Wars OT and PT have no signs of ever going away whereas the Clone Wars series will fade but is Hot with fans (kids) right now and keeps the franchise cooking. So you might wanna just think about easing up some on the criticism because if it keeps the franchise selling it keeps Sideshow in business and it keeps us in new OT and PT collectibles. :wave

just been back and checked out that comic con panel video
- if the images are right they should come with two helmets each - if so i may be moved to buy - as i dont already have a 212 clone
but only if they are cheap enough and nothing else better takes my money

For a clone collector, I'm "meh" about this. Already have the Utapau and getting these guys kinda means Cody wears his "phase 1" bucket which makes the Emperor holo completely useless. What concerns me more is the Barbie-like Numa. First Yoda has Marvel Legends articulation and now Numa with her cut shoulders, lack of elbow articulation and post neck? If this is the halfassed route Sideshow's going to take with the harder (smaller) figures, looks like it's time to just tap.

Not sure I understand the moaning here.

1)We knew these were coming from SDCC.
2)We knew for the past 5 years that once SSC started on clones we would keep seeing them for the rest of our natural born lives.
3)If you haven't been complaining about every other clone made thus far, why start now?
4)At least with Numa they are starting to show they are thinking outside the box a little.

1) Everything has to be ESB since it's the 30th year anniversary
2) Chewbacca has to be made before anybody else

That's usually the balance of these threads:lol

regarding articulation, i think you have to take an individual approach to each figure. I think the bare arms, and lack of needing to have a dynamic pose, spoke towards the straight arms for Numa.

I'm sure if SSC gets around to doing a Jawa or Ugnaught for example, that the figure would have articulation.

regarding articulation, i think you have to take an individual approach to each figure. I think the bare arms, and lack of needing to have a dynamic pose, spoke towards the straight arms for Numa.

I'm sure if SSC gets around to doing a Jawa or Ugnaught for example, that the figure would have articulation.

I have no problem with exposed joints. It's an action figure. It's supposed to have joints. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

You don't like them, there're plenty of other options for you to go collect, busts, dios, PFs, maquettes, etc., etc..

Yeah.. there is a faction of 1:6 collectors who are actually statue collections. They just don't know it yet. :)

I have no problem with exposed joints. It's an action figure. It's supposed to have joints. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

You don't like them, there're plenty of other options for you to go collect, busts, dios, PFs, maquettes, etc., etc..

Yeah.. there is a faction of 1:6 collectors who are actually statue collections. They just don't know it yet. :)

LOL. I'm with you 90% of the way. If this were a figure that actually had an accessory (like a lightsabre or gun) that required to be posed, then of course articulation trumps the aesthetic.

But this is Numa we are talking about. What pose are we looking at that needs articulation with her?

IMO, they struck the right balance of aesthetic and posability. At least they offer the head articulation.

One item that could have been more successful without articulation was the spider droid.

LOL. I'm with you 90% of the way. If this were a figure that actually had an accessory (like a lightsabre or gun) that required to be posed, then of course articulation trumps the aesthetic.

But this is Numa we are talking about. What pose are we looking at that needs articulation with her?

IMO, they struck the right balance of aesthetic and posability. At least they offer the head articulation.

One item that could have been more successful without articulation was the spider droid.

I disagree. She should be able to sit on the ground, cradling her knees, put her hands on her hips, etc. Besides, with the sheer amount of articulation Hasbro's getting out of their 3 3/4" figures, there's really no excuse. That said, if Sideshow's going to resort to halfassed Barbie articulation, I expect the price to match. Especially with how blatantly obvious she'll stand out on the shelf among the other Sideshow releases (in a bad way), with her straight arms and grip hands.

I disagree. She should be able to sit on the ground, cradling her knees, put her hands on her hips, etc. Besides, with the sheer amount of articulation Hasbro's getting out of their 3 3/4" figures, there's really no excuse. That said, if Sideshow's going to resort to halfassed Barbie articulation, I expect the price to match. Especially with how blatantly obvious she'll stand out on the shelf among the other Sideshow releases (in a bad way), with her straight arms and grip hands.

I agree. I hope this isn't a new trend for Sideshow--first with the Gammy and now this. I can even accept the Gammy's lack of articulation because the sculpt is so complex. But this?

Doesn't strike me as any different than Timber.
Most Sideshow SW figures have little-to-no visible articulation. There's Aayla Secura. She looks awful and stands out far worse than I think this will.
I'm generally pro-articulation but on something this small and this marginal a character I don't see the big deal.

Back