BOIL and WAXER with NUMA 12" Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the price is not really high that I can't afford, I'll get this set for sure!!

These clones will fit well with Cody!

Hey SSC if you want to make a character from Clone Wars, I beg you make Clone Wars III's shaak ti!!

1/ how much?
2/ details? how many helmets? little girl - new body?
3/ do i want it

answer 3/ probably not -:(

I think you guys are taking things too seriously. This is a fun little item and represents the Clone Wars very well. The Clone Wars has really humanized the Clones and I think this set represents that perfectly. So I don't quite get all of the whining about them. I mean these guys got my screen time than IG-88, Bossk, or any of the other Bounty Hunters in Empire save Boba Fett. :dunno

:goodpost:

This makes good business sense for Sideshow. The Clone Wars cartoon is huge with kids...it's to them what the original Star Wars was to us. The collectors of our generation aren't going to be around for ever, Sideshow needs to market to a generation of new collectors. I can imagine old school SF collectors back in the day mocking things like Jabba. Each generation has it's own likes and dislikes. Clone Wars is huge and it would be stupid for them to ignore it. The 9 years who watch this cartoon now will hopefully still be fans into their 20s and 30s and will remember that this was the show that got them into Star Wars in the first place.

Let's give Clone Wars some time to cool off before we start making figures out of it. Let's see if we REALLY want this stuff. Looking back 10 years from now, looking at someone's collection, that little green Twi'lek girl is going to look friggin' stupid.

I don't think the Clone Wars will cool off at all. I don't think people realize just how popular it is with kids. There are tons of kids with Clone Wars gear for school and one of the busiest places at CV was Ashley Eckstein. Yes these kids aren't going to buy 200 dollar Sideshow stuff now, but would we have when we were 7 or 8 when Star Wars first came out? Of course not..but we are buying them now even though the movie is over 30 years old. Sideshow is figuring/hoping the same thing will happen with this generation.

They don't have the same paint apps as the 212th. The paint style will be more in line with the Clone Wars markings.

Is this set the first of your work from Sideshow that were seeing? I seem to remember them in your customs section a few weeks ago.

YES!!! Cuba Gooding Jr. clones! Just what I always wanted!

SPX-01776450085.jpg

cuba_gooding_jr.jpg

just been back and checked out that comic con panel video
- if the images are right they should come with two helmets each - if so i may be moved to buy - as i dont already have a 212 clone
but only if they are cheap enough and nothing else better takes my money

I actually like these. It's great to see Sideshow making unique clone trooper portraits. These guys will look great with Clone Wars Anakin and phase 1 Cody, and the inevitable Ashoka.
That said, I won't be buying due to space restrictions that have forced me down the OT only route (for now!!!).
I don't see why people are so upset by this choice. The Clone Wars is currently what we have and Sideshow are right to make clone wars figures. I can't wait to see what they do with Cad Bane. It seems like some on this board take it as a personal insult if each figure isn't on their wish list. Personally I'm glad when I can pass on figures, it gives my wallet a much needed rest!!!

Not really on my "list" of wanted figures but I'll buy them, just because I want the entire 12" line and the clones look cool.

Sales numbers will tell the story just like the have with Recon at waypoint and CW Anakin

Sales numbers will tell the story just like the have with Recon at waypoint and CW Anakin

I bet they sell enough and meet Sideshow's goals with them. I like that there is variety in this line. It would be very boring if Sideshow came out tomorrow and said that EVERY OT 1/6 figure will be out by the end of the year. There wouldn't be anything to look forward to. If someone doesn't like the figure they don't have to buy it. Clearly if you don't like the Clone Wars you won't buy these guys. Just like some people hate the prequels and won't buy Darth Maul etc. There's enough stuff to go around and make all collectors happy.

Last edited:
Seriously!? Do I have an R2-D2? No. C-3P0? Nope. Chewbacca!? NAW. What about a Tarkin, Veers, or a Wedge?? Snowtrooper, Biker Scout, or maybe a TIE Pilot? No. Instead, we get this. Interesting, but VERY niche.

What worries me is that fact that SS seems to be out of touch with how things are right now. I mean, should I, or anyone be buying TOYS right now, during a recession?? Nope. But we are. We save and work hard and we buy these things. I LOVE TOYS, don't get me wrong, but limited cash and display space has me getting way more picky these days. I'd grab this set if it were 3 3/4, but at 1/6th scale!? Sorry Sideshow. :slap

I really hope they don't take a huge loss on this, so they can continue the line so that I can have the MAIN CHARACTERS from the MOVIES in my collection someday. But seriously Sideshow, how long do you think we'll wait? Your incomplete LOTR 1/6 set has me a bit nervous.

Good point, Brinn. If they keep going this way releasing third tier characters that don't sell well, Sideshow's going to claim "lack of interest in the line" and end it before we ever see Chewie, the droids, etc.

That said, I think the Boil and Waxer set would sell okay if they had been announced alone and it's the inclusion of Numa that's throwing people off.

Screw these clowns my money's going to Expendables Barney Ross! :rock

theexpendablesbarneyros.jpg

Give this crap it's own thread and keep it out of the threads concerning GOOD material. I am deeply offended that I have lived to see Sylvester Stallone dirtying one of my beloved Star Wars threads.

Not really into EU, probably skipping this.

I do like the idea of the little girl not having bendable joint at the elbows.

Always thought Aalya should have been like that, or at least we we are given optional bendable arms to switch.

Sideshow ought to apply this to slave Leia if they ever decide to make one.:)

Somebody get a rope.

I bet they sell enough and meet Sideshow's goals with them. I like that there is variety in this line. It would be very boring if Sideshow come out tomorrow and said that EVERY OT 1/6 figure will be out by the end of the year. There wouldn't be anything to look forward to. If someone doesn't like the figure they don't have to buy it. Clearly if you don't like the Clone Wars you won't buy these guys. Just like some people hate the prequels and won't buy Darth Maul etc. There's enough stuff to go around and make all collectors happy.

You know what I'm thinking. Anything that customers spend on buying these from Sideshow is likely to already be return on Sideshow's investment considering how much the armor has been used.

Back