Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

it's the same costume on both :dunno

Really? You don't notice the open sides on the BAH! version? Hmm, let's compare....

900912_press02-001.jpg
6837_press03-001.jpg

Proud to say I sold my very last Bowen Designs statue and bust. The only thing I have left by RB at all is the Sin City Marv Bust.

Why did you sell them all?

Really? You don't notice the open sides on the BAH! version? Hmm, let's compare....

900912_press02-001.jpg
6837_press03-001.jpg

They look pretty damn similar jinxx. And whats BAH! ? Do you mean AH!? the com version is just sexier.

Yea its strange. $175 for Bowen's Mystique. $160 for Sideshow's Reg. Mystique. Sideshow wins hands down...unless you prefer the retro, smaller scale look.

I think SS is def second when it comes to the ladies..very happy with my x-23 and mystique PF...Bowen's ladies just don't jar the rod...but thats not to say I don't enjoy his work...I own 9 of his sculpts.

Why did you sell them all?

They look pretty damn similar jinxx. And whats BAH! ? Do you mean AH!? the com version is just sexier.

I think the prices he puts on them are nearly twice what they are really worth when you get them in hand. Look at his new Sabretooth, 245 bucks? Come on we all know it's not worth that much money for that scale and quality of a statue. Now flip to Sideshow, Gambit PF, 275 now theres a Marvel statue worth at least MSRP right off the bat.

I think the prices he puts on them are nearly twice what they are really worth when you get them in hand. Look at his new Sabretooth, 245 bucks? Come on we all know it's not worth that much money for that scale and quality of a statue. Now flip to Sideshow, Gambit PF, 275 now theres a Marvel statue worth at least MSRP right off the bat.

You can find a Bowen sabes from an online retailer for 209...but your right...I think 180 is more in line.

Bowen is gonna price himself right out of business. He wants to charge sideshow prices for smaller scale and less detailed statues. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of Bowen statues (i.e. his recent hulks!) but he's getting a little greedy IMO.

That being said, Sideshow might not be too far behind! The latest LSB of Colossus is $250! Not certain if that's going to be the new going rate for LSBs or if thats specific to Colossus, but that is way too much as well IMO.

^ really?! :lol

isn't she much bigger, too?

by about 6" I think.

Yea its strange. $175 for Bowen's Mystique. $160 for Sideshow's Reg. Mystique. Sideshow wins hands down...unless you prefer the retro, smaller scale look.

Well its sold out on Bowen's site so I guess someone does.

I think SS is def second when it comes to the ladies..very happy with my x-23 and mystique PF...Bowen's ladies just don't jar the rod...but thats not to say I don't enjoy his work...I own 9 of his sculpts.

Moore does some really sexy women.

And most Bowen collectibles can be bought on ebay for about 50%. Only a few statues go up in value and so go up to crazy prizes (Cable retro :slap ).

Back