Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bowens Thanos on throne (beyond cool).

So what does your dislike for the giant man statues have to do with this guy? Why can't this just be a "nice piece no doubt.." and be left at that?

No offense meant or anything, you're entitled to your opinion - no doubt. Just curious on your thoughts on this.

My dislike have nothing to do with "this guy" is my point. I like Thanos's pose, base, proportion versus I don't like yellow jacket guy's overly tall(out of proportion), boring pose.
Funny thing is I never got into Thanos. But Bowen did right so far.

are them online retailers?
i would be very surprised if this one isn't a website exclusive since i'm sure Randy can read these threads and he'll know alot of money can be made on this one, hense the predicted higher price:gah:

my guess is exclusive as well, but hopefully Randy will be thinking of his non-US customers and make this available to everyone.

2 good sites for Canadians are:

https://www.legendsactionfigures.com/

https://www.goldenagetoys.com/

My dislike have nothing to do with "this guy" is my point. I like Thanos's pose, base, proportion versus I don't like yellow jacket guy's overly tall(out of proportion), boring pose.
Funny thing is I never got into Thanos. But Bowen did right so far.

Got it (I think :lol).

The Giant Men are not for me either. I think the statues are fine (I like museum poses), just never got into Pym that much is all. But looking at Thanos, the Giant Man statue never even entered my mind. I guess that's why I was curious.

Okay so I absolutely cannot miss this. In the off chance it's an exclusive to their site, do I need to be a member/sign up for their $25 membership? I assume being a member they will keep you posted on pre-orders the same way SS does with their newsletter?

I don't think you get a newsletter or anything like that.

You do need to be a member to get the exclusives, and you do get a discount on all purchases which is nice. I'm not a member so I can't confirm the percentage, but I think it's a decent one (like 25% or some-such).

Looks good! looks exactly like ron lims work and the throne is on the button. Love thanos and his magical crappier! i may have to get this version also.

Had some spare time so I decided to drop some flats on the b/w image in photoshop. Enjoy

thanos-color-chris.jpg

Okay so I absolutely cannot miss this. In the off chance it's an exclusive to their site, do I need to be a member/sign up for their $25 membership? I assume being a member they will keep you posted on pre-orders the same way SS does with their newsletter?

Thats my one big issue with Bowen. Ive been a member for the past two years...and there is absolutely no news feed! No updates...its odd. In fact...for 1.5 years I was entering the WRONG 4 digit member number upon check out and they never told me.

Just to let you know (because I didnt know) the check out system is not connected to the billing/finance system that Bowen uses. Meaning when you place your order and your cart shows a certain price...it seems that the order isnt actually placed. Its basically a reservation that is entered into their actual billing system and shipping system later based on your account. So, if you are not a member...you can enter ANY 4 digit code in the check out page and it will reflect the discount, but you won't actually receive the discount. If you are a member and DONT put the 4 digit code in at all (or the wrong one) you will still get the discount. :dunno

Had some spare time so I decided to drop some flats on the b/w image in photoshop. Enjoy

thanos-color-chris.jpg

:lol No offense, it looks good for a photoshop, but when I saw this image, at first I thought it was the actual painted version (compliments to you for being able to fool me) and I was like...OMG terrible paint app...the statue color is so...flat....:rotfl

if he isn't a website exclusive you will be able to order him from many retailers in canada including legends and goldenagetoys.

I ordered 5 items from them and it was never delivered! That was almost two years ago!!!:mad:

Light up? Can anyone even tell if he has the Infinity Gauntlet on?

-__-
Bottom part of the base like this one....jeez!:pfft:

832079-thanos_throne_super.jpg

Yeah Randy and Co can really capture this character.
Even from this one sideshot you can really see they actually paid attention to the Lim/Perez source material, whereas SS just made up ****

The Sideshow Thanos would have sold out months ago if they did a better job on the face but its ugly even for Thanos standards. sometimes Sideshow gets it right and other times they really screw it up.

i wouldnt be suprised to see a tag of $400 on this

So basically I should get a Bowen membership just in case and since you said they don't give product updates, I pretty much have to watch their site daily/weekly until they post the preorder? Yikes!

Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

With all the cool sculpts both companies make, there will always be room for them on my display shelves.

Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

With all the cool sculpts both companies make, there will always be room for them on my display shelves.

This:lecture:exactly: I'm not exclusive to one particular company or scale and I don't care who makes it as long as it looks good whether it be Bowen, Sideshow, Hot Toys or even Hasbro.

Back