C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here is the update...

Star Wars Shop basically sent me an opened/returned item.

It looks mint, so I cannot tell if there is any damage.

I have #060 out of 750, so having #060 is pretty sweet. But is it OK that it was an opened/returned item and they sold it to me at full-price?

Sorry, I am not good at posting pictures... I am not sure if I can add multiples at one time...

I don't know, it looks like someone opened it up... put the wrappers back on... sent it back to the company... the company inspected it and re-wrapped it.

There were two layers of wrap on each piece. Both very sloppy, so if that is Star Wars Shop or Sideshow's packaging and inspection process... I am quite unimpressed.

But, after that disappointment... I love this thing! He sits down in my basement work area... I need a new desk side unit for my printer now.

One issue, the spark plug looking thing under the neck on the left side seems loose. Compared to the right one... the left seems like it could fall off if someone pulls or tugs slightly on it...

NO TOUCHING! :)

Last edited:
Thanks... I am very happy with it... it is really impressive.

I have read some of these posts in the 20+ pages. And some have listed it is not 100% authentic. To me it is... it looks like the 3PO I remember back in 1977 being 7 years old.

You know what... I work from home... and C-3PO is on the file cabinet/stand immediately next to my computer desk.

And looking at this thing the past 2-3 days makes me smile. I know that is cheesy, but it really is cool.

I mean, it is a life-size 3PO from the chest up... I just love it...

I know the experts say it is not perfect, to me it is...

And I have # 060... :nana:

UPDATE: Here is my email to Star Wars Shop

I am disappointed that you sent me an opened/returned item. I paid $680+ for what I was expecting was a "brand new" item. The item appears to be mint, but being as I did not open the item for the first time... it was opened/returned/inspected and re-sent to me as new which it is not. DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER!

Here is the reply from Star Wars Shop

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email and we truly apologize that you received previously opened product. Our standard procedure is to clearly indicate on the site which items are in non-mint condition. We apologize that this was graded incorrectly.

Would you like to have it returned for an exchange or a refund? We will of course assume the return shipping costs.

Sincerely,
Leonard
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

How about throwing me a $50 gift certificate instead Leonard? Bastages!

My final reply to Star Wars Shop:

Hi Leonard,

I plan on keeping the item, like I said I was disappointed with the way the package arrived from Star Wars Shop.

I would think the company would offer some sort of compensation for the aggrevation.

I truly don't know if I would order from the company again, not knowing if what I would get would be "new" or a "used and returned" item.

Thanks for the reply and have a nice 4th of July weekend!

Sorry but what do you want them to do? They offer an exchange at their cost or refund.
Your item is in perfect condition, only the box was opened before and that should be the reason to get it cheaper?
If you are not happy with it, send it back and hope to get a perfekt one in mint condition (which is not sure, because i saw many that had the eyes not working or chips).

Well, I think the issue is that they were apparently selling an opened item as new. Normally, places do offer some sort of discount when that's the case.

Icruise is right, I own it. Still love it. And for as much as this costs, that's ____ty of SWS to pull that. It's the principle.

a store I sometimes visit suddenly has two of these in stock, and some other shop here suddenly has it on pre-order. Is Sideshow supplying the first version again, all of a sudden?

Back