C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the clean "special edition" on order, but then they said they could not produce it, and offered this one up.

Great, so that means that the cancellation is known since at least 1 month ago. Yet, the shop where I ordered only tells me now.. when I have zero chance to find the old one anywhere..

I feel for you. Nobody expected all of the remaining stock of these to get sold out so quickly -- in fact I assumed that the appearance of the second version would probably result in both versions going down in price overall. But just try the original version in stock now.

Really would like to get a 1:1 scale C-3PO in my collection someday. This and a Godzilla Tusken Raider are at the top of my list.

Really would like to get a 1:1 scale C-3PO in my collection someday. This and a Godzilla Tusken Raider are at the top of my list.

I have the c-3PO, IRON MAN (BATTLE DAMAGE), WAR MACHINE & ROBOCOP busts and to be honest the C-3PO is the cheapest and my favourite out of all of them. Probably the Star Wars die hard in me?

P.S Im with you Jay, Ive got a Godzilla Tuskan Raider on its way to me now :)

Has there been a version of the weathered bust that did NOT have the restraining bolt?

For some reason a shop is listing the weathered version again, but says that it's the battle damaged version and has no restraining bolt.

Knowing that
-the shiny version was cancelled because the polishing failed
-the shiny version had no bolt
...???

Just saw this on facebook and the retailers website.....

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/star-wars-c3-po-life-size-bust-special-edition.html

Apparently a special edition C3PO bust has been commissioned.....

I contacted the store and was told as the store had pre orders for the shiny bust SS couldn't produce they have made a even dirtier version to fill these preorders

I was told these are outside the original 750 ES and that these commissioned dirtier versions don't have ES stamped on the bottom of the base

Sounds strange.....

Being fairly new to high end collectibles does this type of thing happen often?

I have one of the original 750 and part of the reason I bought it was they were sold out and getting hard to find and would hold its value now it looks this may not be the case

I would love to hear what some of you more experienced collectors have to say about this......

Just saw this on facebook and the retailers website.....

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/star-wars-c3-po-life-size-bust-special-edition.html

Apparently a special edition C3PO bust has been commissioned.....

I contacted the store and was told as the store had pre orders for the shiny bust SS couldn't produce they have made a even dirtier version to fill these preorders

I was told these are outside the original 750 ES and that these commissioned dirtier versions don't have ES stamped on the bottom of the base

Sounds strange.....

Being fairly new to high end collectibles does this type of thing happen often?

I have one of the original 750 and part of the reason I bought it was they were sold out and getting hard to find and would hold its value now it looks this may not be the case

I would love to hear what some of you more experienced collectors have to say about this......

Hi Gartogg,

This is old news.

In 2011, Sideshow announced a clean version. But they cancelled it some months back because they (Sideshow) were not able to replicate the look of the finished (shown) product.

I believe that all of the preorders were then converted to an old (version 1) bust instead, if the buyer wanted this. Also, the dirty version was also available on their site until recently. Even though it had previously been sold out.

It's a whole mess, really.

I think Gartogg was saying that the shop was going to be selling some sort of additional run of statues that Sideshow would be producing just for them, to fulfill orders for the cancelled clean edition. Sounds odd, but not totally crazy.

By the way, I recently noticed an ebay auction for what appears to be a knock-off of the Sideshow bust. The base is different and it has what appears to be a permanent restraining bolt, but it's obviously the same sculpt as the Sideshow piece, down to some "tells" like the number of indentations on his crown. Don't know if I should link to it, but you can find it easily enough with a search for "c3po bust."

Back