C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Gartogg was saying that the shop was going to be selling some sort of additional run of statues that Sideshow would be producing just for them, to fulfill orders for the cancelled clean edition. Sounds odd, but not totally crazy.

By the way, I recently noticed an ebay auction for what appears to be a knock-off of the Sideshow bust. The base is different and it has what appears to be a permanent restraining bolt, but it's obviously the same sculpt as the Sideshow piece, down to some "tells" like the number of indentations on his crown. Don't know if I should link to it, but you can find it easily enough with a search for "c3po bust."

Oh, I see. I find this entire C-3PO Special Edition Bust to be a long and strange story.

It also sounds very weird that Sideshow would offer something special for a particular shop. What about everyone else? Doesn't make sense to me.

I saw that fake bust. It's so lame!

Sideshow would not do this.

If they did.. they better full fill my waitlist!!!

I think they did. "MsJedi" over at RS has a picture of the one she received from BBTS, and it has a completely different picture of 3PO on the bottom of the base and no edition size. If they had some rejects left from the "shiny" batch, this would be a good way to recoupe their losses just by refinishing it.

Yes I'm the guy from RS that posted the pictures of my bust. Two weeks ago I was searching the BBTS site when I saw the C3PO bust for sale, the only thing it said in the description was slightly damaged box but the bust is sealed. I went ahead and bought it since I was regretting not getting it when it was available at the SS site. When I received it I noticed the outer box said Limited Edition on it and had no edition number on the bottom of the base. The link is below where I posted the pictures of what the base looks like. It makes sense now what SS probably did. They took whatever they had leftover from the Limited edition line (which supppose to be the clean version) and re painted it as the dirtier version and perhaps send it to some retailers to fill orders? I guess I'm lucky for finding one at a great price(think it was around $615) but I want to see one of the bust with the Edition number in person to see if it's different. From pictures everything looks the same though.

https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1052932-21/

Yes I'm the guy from RS that posted the pictures of my bust. Two weeks ago I was searching the BBTS site when I saw the C3PO bust for sale, the only thing it said in the description was slightly damaged box but the bust is sealed. I went ahead and bought it since I was regretting not getting it when it was available at the SS site. When I received it I noticed the outer box said Limited Edition on it and had no edition number on the bottom of the base. The link is below where I posted the pictures of what the base looks like. It makes sense now what SS probably did. They took whatever they had leftover from the Limited edition line (which supppose to be the clean version) and re painted it as the dirtier version and perhaps send it to some retailers to fill orders? I guess I'm lucky for finding one at a great price(think it was around $615) but I want to see one of the bust with the Edition number in person to see if it's different. From pictures everything looks the same though.

https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1052932-21/

Thanks a lot for cluing us in!

:hi5:

Does SS do this often????

Make something wait til that ES sells out and then just remake a "special edition"

I see this as devaluing the original 750..... they are now no longer as exclusive as they were???

Am I alone in thinking this???

Also without a edition size on this special edition they could pump out as many as they like.....

I have never seen this happen before. I have also never seen Sideshow cancel a product.

I hope it is not the start of a trend from SS...... what's the point in ES, why pay a premium for something that can just be pumped out on a continuous basis under a different "edition"

I hope it is not the start of a trend from SS...... what's the point in ES, why pay a premium for something that can just be pumped out on a continuous basis under a different "edition"

Yea, but this was because of the sudden cancellation of the item, which is something I have never seen happen before. So I don't think you need to be too worried.

Well what do you know... My waitlist order from December just converted. I called to see if it could be converted to flex-pay, but apparently that isn't possible. Not sure what to do, since this is not a good time for me to be spending this kind of money, but I doubt I'll get one cheaper later on.

Well what do you know... My waitlist order from December just converted. I called to see if it could be converted to flex-pay, but apparently that isn't possible. Not sure what to do, since this is not a good time for me to be spending this kind of money, but I doubt I'll get one cheaper later on.

Wow, really? I didn't see that coming. I hope you figure out what to do, buddy!

Oh, mine also converted! I had to cancel, though, since I have a PO up at a European retailer. I might have to wait a little longer, but I'll save around $350.

Yes!!!!! Mine Converted to. I got on the waitlist the minute it went up. Was getting worried since it took so long. Happy to be getting this. Looks Awesome. Fett is next for me.

Well... My wait list converted! :lol

We will see if it is in good quality. FYI I jumped on the WL about a month ago.

C3PO arrived and is sitting in my spare bedroom waiting to be taken out of the box for inspection. The box looked to be in good condition. I hope I didn't receive a returned one or something. The syrofoam case wasn't completley shut, but was tapped.

That's as far as got before I had to run out yesterday.

:pray::pray::pray:

C3PO arrived and is sitting in my spare bedroom waiting to be taken out of the box for inspection. The box looked to be in good condition. I hope I didn't receive a returned one or something. The syrofoam case wasn't completley shut, but was tapped.

Nice! Crossing my fingers that all is OK.

Well I think I got a return. Box looked like its been opened. And the sad news, My C3PO has a Big Scratch along his face. Put in for a replacement. Doubt I'll get one. Sucks. There's no way this could have passed inspection in QC. I wanna quit collectiong and sell all my bust now. Getting a "Crap" Statue is so disheartening.

Back