Call me JOKER!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've seen them pop up on ebay from time to time but not 50.

I wonder how many pieces distributors like ABC and Toys2 were allowed to sell.

I don't think Toy2 got very many. Maybe 3, 5 at most. Either way, you and I have 2 of them they sold. That leaves 48 to divvy up between other sellers and most of them are on ebay.

I think Toy2 got more than that... they were on sale through them for at least a month before I saw either you our Coco talk about buying the last 2. I definitely think this a small release, but I'd guess closer to 500.

I think Toy2 got more than that... they were on sale through them for at least a month before I saw either you our Coco talk about buying the last 2. I definitely think this a small release, but I'd guess closer to 500.

500? I highly doubt that. Look at Crime Cure Boy, Travis Bickle and Jack Torrance. I'd say 100 at most.

Sorry, Typo... I meant 300. But really, Torrance and Alex are much more of a niche collector. How many Kubrick fans also collect expensive-ass 1/6 figures. Also those were all CRM which seemed to go with 80-120 ES with all their releases (including the sucky Blade Runner).

Whereas Nicholson as Joker is a much more popularized character... and a film I would wager the average toy collector is more familiar with. Also the starting price being only $130 would lead me to believe the ES is larger.

Well Kubrick is my favorite filmaker of all-time and I collect expensive-ass 1:6 figures. In fact I'd kill for a 1:6 Dave Bowman with Monolith. I also heard the CRM Crime Cure Boy is getting re-released (or a new variant) so the edition size is irrelevant. The point is these are unlicensed so they have to keep them low or face getting shut down and knowing DC and Warner could legally go after them on a popular trademarked character like the Joker, not to mention Nicholson.

In fact I'd kill for a 1:6 Dave Bowman with Monolith.

Dave...

I hear you, Dave.

twinch_002.jpg

DON'T EVER MENTION TWINCH SQUAD OR SHOW THEIR STUFF!!! I GO MADDDDDDDD!!!!!!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Ouch! Bad history, huh?

I have no idea what Twitch Squad is, or what happened to their 2001 figures, but I can take an educated guess.

I remember seeing pictures of the 2001 spacesuit figures about 3-4 years ago and they looked really cool.

Well Kubrick is my favorite filmaker of all-time and I collect expensive-ass 1:6 figures. In fact I'd kill for a 1:6 Dave Bowman with Monolith. I also heard the CRM Crime Cure Boy is getting re-released (or a new variant) so the edition size is irrelevant. The point is these are unlicensed so they have to keep them low or face getting shut down and knowing DC and Warner could legally go after them on a popular trademarked character like the Joker, not to mention Nicholson.

But, believe it or not I think you are in the collecting minority. I could be wrong... but that'd be my guess. And you're right, there have been two releases of Crime Cure, and if there is a 3rd you can bet I won't miss it.

Still, all of what you said still doesn't prove anything about this figure's edition size. Also, we really never know for sure if any of these figures are really as limited as they say. But once they dry up its a moot point since they become pretty damned expensive. They can say there are only 100 (or whatever made) but none of them are numbered... at least nothing from CRM.

But this figure selling for as low as it did and for as long would lead me to believe that there are more than just 50 in existence.

Or could be the fact that it's not being marketed. I didn't even know of this figure's existence until a friend sent me the link to order it. And I missed out on the CRM Crime Cure because I didn't know of its existence until after it had sold out the second time. It's one of those things for "elitist" expensive-ass collectors to get their hands on and is known within relatively small collector circles.

I got lucky and was able to get the Torrance from a board member... one of my favorite figures. Someday I'll track down the Alex, but not yet.

Sometimes I have my friend Nate because he has Travis, Alex and Jack... but maybe he'll will them to me one day :lol

Ok, time to join in. I never liked burtan's Batman. It allways seemed wrong somehow. BUT that aside, I did like the visuals. I felt Nicholson's Joker was.....ok. it fit the mobster feel that they wanted. Though I never liked that version. I prefer the killing Joke. He did, however, have the right Physicality. I know he was a bid..... pudgy for Joker, but he mover right and had the correct Facial Expressiveness. His voice, however, just didn't work for me. Hamil was the Best voice for Joker. Period. I'd say get Jack to train Ledger in how to move and present himself, and Dub the Voice With Hamil, and we'd Have Our definiteive Joker. Oh yeah, and Have Kevin smith and Mark Hamil Write His lines. Comic book geeks do better at writing dialoge for Comic characters. Look at Sin City and 300, And lets not forget Batman Begins :) ( That is, I THINK Frank Miller had a hand in Batman Begins, could be wrong)

Allthough I must admit I'm debating getting this figure, and putting him in a large purple hat, Bermuda Shorts, sandles and a Hawaian Shirt :)

I absolutely worship the '89 Batman film. It was a huge part of my childhood. This Joker figure is superb and I would give my left nad for one. Too bad $200+ is more than I can stomach for a 12" figure... :monkey2

I absolutely worship the '89 Batman film. It was a huge part of my childhood. This Joker figure is superb and I would give my left nad for one. Too bad $200+ is more than I can stomach for a 12" figure... :monkey2

You and I think alike........................except for the left nad thing. :cool:

Don't know where DekDave heard this, but Toy Square has indeed listed this as "backordered" for a good while...and many other things go listed as "Out of Stock."

It's already being pre-sold by ebay sellers with a release date this month or next.

Back