1/6 Hot Toys - MMS752AE The Joker (Batman Imposter Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see where you're coming from, but using this photo as an argument against the headsculpt is no different than when you were complaining that ppl were only using "bad" pics of the InArt sculpts to prove their points on why this was/is better. Do we need to pull out those "bad" InArt photos again that look no better than what you've posted here? :stick

This was the photo I was referring to with regards to some change happening when it went through HT’s repurposing.
IMG_3255.jpeg

And in my defense, I wasn’t posting “the Jokaren” photo in bad faith nor was I comparing one over the other. I’m criticizing it on its own merits. Just pointing out this particular hair job is less than optimal.

I’ll say it again: something clearly happened during the repurposing phase. I swear it stinks of JC Hong’s influence.

My guess?
IMG_7858.jpeg

I swear to god, she must have some dirt on Howard or something with how she’s still got her fingerprints on every Ledger Joker after the sheer number of duds she’s produced…

My guess?
View attachment 719957

I swear to god, she must have some dirt on Howard or something with how she’s still got her fingerprints on every Ledger Joker after the sheer number of duds she’s produced…

I don’t think that’s quite right…

She sculpted bank robber joker and for all intents and purposes, still holds up. Same goes for DX01, another great ledger joker sculpt.

Then after that it just went down hill.

But right there! JC effin Hong and his “head art direction”!! I swear he just can’t help himself.

This was the photo I was referring to with regards to some change happening when it went through HT’s repurposing.
View attachment 719956

And in my defense, I wasn’t posting “the Jokaren” photo in bad faith nor was I comparing one over the other. I’m criticizing it on its own merits. Just pointing out this particular hair job is less than optimal.
I know you weren't comparing the two and wasn't trying to insinuate that you were. What I was saying is that it just appears to be choosing a photo of bad hair to prove a point in the same way that you felt others were choosing bad hair day photos of InArt to prove theirs. But, look at the difference in the hair work in that pic above vs the one you previously posted. The hair work on the one in this pic versus the previous is almost night and day.

So, just as you were previously saying that ppl shouldn't judge the InArt on badly futzed hair photos, then it seems only right that this should be given the same treatment, no?

As for the sculpt having been modified, we've discussed that already. We know they switch the sculpted in teeth for the separate piece that swaps for the tongue, the hairline has been changed, probably the eye shape for the SERS and I believe it was mentioned that the jaw was also changed most likely. That said, both the paint and hair work are carrying a lot of the weight in that custom.

Give both the HT and InArt sculpts to custom artists and they'll both equally shine

I don’t think that’s quite right…

She sculpted bank robber joker and for all intents and purposes, still holds up. Same goes for DX01, another great ledger joker sculpt.

Then after that it just went down hill.
She also did the DX11 sculpt(s) as well as the 1/4

Last edited:
View attachment 719956

Apparently Hot Toys and JC Hong have never heard of: If ain’t broke don’t fix it.

It frustrates me every time I see this. Like wtf is point of buying a great custom sculpt rights like this. Like don’t touch it, just print sculpt and make money. People would be perfectly fine without moving eyes or teeth/tongue thing.

Just do sculpt from scratch and call it day if going to mess that much.

People would be perfectly fine without moving eyes
Nah, I prefer moving eyes if that's an option. Never liked having sculpts with eye positions fixed to one side. Makes the posing options limited. Either have them looking forwards or do the moving eyes so you can choose the direction for yourself.

Well, Yulli has been making

Sfa8c360a9ce84afb8ba22a71ebe2680bb.jpg_640x640q90.jpg
I think last year someone posted a full custom rework of the DX01 and it looked really good, at least the best that sculpt can look. I can't seem to find the DX01 or DX11 threads but I'm pretty sure it was posted either by me or someone else in the last pages.

I know you weren't comparing the two and wasn't trying to insinuate that you were. What I was saying is that it just appears to be choosing a photo of bad hair to prove a point in the same way that you felt others were choosing bad hair day photos of InArt to prove theirs. But, look at the difference in the hair work in that pic above vs the one you previously posted. The hair work on the one in this pic versus the previous is almost night and day.

So, just as you were previously saying that ppl shouldn't judge the InArt on badly futzed hair photos, then it seems only right that this should be given the same treatment, no?

As for the sculpt having been modified, we've discussed that already. We know they switch the sculpted in teeth for the separate piece that swaps for the tongue, the hairline has been changed, probably the eye shape for the SERS and I believe it was mentioned that the jaw was also changed most likely. That said, both the paint and hair work are carrying a lot of the weight in that custom.

Give both the HT and InArt sculpts to custom artists and they'll both equally shine

She also did the DX11 sculpt(s)

Huh? Not gonna lie, I’m a bit confused. And it feels like you’re singling me out? when I did make a comparison, I used what I thought were good representations of each figure.

IMG_3177.jpeg

I don’t believe I posted any unflattering pictures to make any sort of point or counter argument so far. If I did, I don’t remember it. But I’m confident that I haven’t.

And the pic I posted with the bad hair job…I dunno, did I use the pic to make a point I wasn’t aware of? I wasn’t using it in any context other than to make a little ‘Karen’ joke. I didn’t say “OMG LOOK AT THE HAIR JOB HT FAILED INART RULES HOWARD CHAN SHOULD QUIT LIFE”…

It was simply a pic that popped up on FB and I thought “whoa, that’s weird looking. Let me share it with the group.”

There’s nothing nefarious going on here.

As for the repurposing…it’s not simply teeth and tongue. The nose looks thinner with HT version. Like it’s the ‘romanticized’ version of joker. A ‘handsome’ version if you will. Ledgers nose had a bit of a ‘bell’ shape. Refer to the side by side again and you should be able to see it.

in the end I feel like you’re looking for some ‘intent’ with my earlier post when there really wasn’t any. I don’t know what else to tell you.

Nah, I prefer moving eyes if that's an option. Never liked having sculpts with eye positions fixed to one side. Makes the posing options limited. Either have them looking forwards or do the moving eyes so you can choose the direction for yourself.
I don’t want moving eyes if the likeness of the sculpt is going to take hit. Which to me it does so far for ht, inart and jnd for their ledger jokers.

I would say the moving eye system doesn’t negatively impact likeness all the time for every character but to me it does for these ledger jokers.

In regards to posing, for me I don’t find the custom sculpt limiting with where the eyes are in terms of posing. Currently have it doing grenade pose and I will eventually change it up maybe next month. (Setting up grenades on jacket is annoying lol)

Fire! Burn it with FIRE.

good lord you probably were on to something there, on how yulli might have some dirt on HC. Cuz good grief look at that travesty.

How the **** did that get passed prototype stage??
Wanna know what’s worse than seeing it? Owning it. I practically had to give the damn thing away.:lol

Wanna know what’s worse than seeing it? Owning it. I practically had to give the damn thing away.:lol

I’ll do you one better:

I own 2. And one of them was the limited edition. And I ‘hate’ purchased them. PO’d them through a friend that owned a toy shop in Chinatown. Hoped HT would revise the final sculpt by the time of release.

They didn’t. And when it came out, I couldn’t screw over my friend and not fulfill my orders.

They’re in my basement somewhere. Haunting me.

I want to get rid of them soooo bad. 😭😭😭

Huh? Not gonna lie, I’m a bit confused. And it feels like you’re singling me out? when I did make a comparison, I used what I thought were good representations of each figure.

View attachment 719959

I don’t believe I posted any unflattering pictures to make any sort of point or counter argument so far. If I did, I don’t remember it. But I’m confident that I haven’t.

And the pic I posted with the bad hair job…I dunno, did I use the pic to make a point I wasn’t aware of? I wasn’t using it in any context other than to make a little ‘Karen’ joke. I didn’t say “OMG LOOK AT THE HAIR JOB HT FAILED INART RULES HOWARD CHAN SHOULD QUIT LIFE”…

It was simply a pic that popped up on FB and I thought “whoa, that’s weird looking. Let me share it with the group.”

There’s nothing nefarious going on here.

As for the repurposing…it’s not simply teeth and tongue. The nose looks thinner with HT version. Like it’s the ‘romanticized’ version of joker. A ‘handsome’ version if you will. Ledgers nose had a bit of a ‘bell’ shape. Refer to the side by side again and you should be able to see it.

in the end I feel like you’re looking for some ‘intent’ with my earlier post when there really wasn’t any. I don’t know what else to tell you.
You seem to have missed my first sentence - "I know you weren't comparing the two and wasn't trying to insinuate that you were."
Again, I did not say you were comparing the HT to the InArt. Not one bit.

I was solely replying to the below comment with the accompanying pics that I guess was a joke?
And the hairing job is off the charts here:

View attachment 719949 View attachment 719950

So, it seemed like you posted those photos above to prove a point of "I was right all along about how bad this headsculpt is" given that you started off with "I’m glad more and more people are beginning to see this sculpt is…mid. Which is what blew my mind originally. I just couldn’t see what others were seeing when they were ‘blown away’ by it. I’m like…HUH?? Where? How?" Ergo, my comment about how there are equally bad photos of the InArt Joker head that we could pull out with bad hair days that would also make it look mid. If that wasn't the case then I apologize, truly. Wasn't trying to single you out.

I know you love the InArt Joker and if I'm misremembering your previous defense of the InArt vs the HT then, again, I apologize. Wasn't meant to be a big deal and sorry that it turned into one :peace :duff

You seem to have missed my first sentence - "I know you weren't comparing the two and wasn't trying to insinuate that you were."
Again, I did not say you were comparing the HT to the InArt. Not one bit.

I was solely replying to the below comment with the accompanying pics that I guess was a joke?

So, it seemed like you posted those photos above to prove a point of "I was right all along about how bad this headsculpt is" given that you started off with "I’m glad more and more people are beginning to see this sculpt is…mid. Which is what blew my mind originally. I just couldn’t see what others were seeing when they were ‘blown away’ by it. I’m like…HUH?? Where? How?" Ergo, my comment about how there are equally bad photos of the InArt Joker head that we could pull out with bad hair days that would also make it look mid. If that wasn't the case then I apologize, truly. Wasn't trying to single you out.

I know you love the InArt Joker and if I'm misremembering your previous defense of the InArt vs the HT then, again, I apologize. Wasn't meant to be a big deal and sorry that it turned into one :peace :duff

That’s what I was confused with, because in that post I thought I had separated the two: 1- my opinion on the portrait and the praise it received. 2- the bad hair job to service a joke…a bad one at that 😢.

I definitely wasn’t using that picture to ‘prove’ the 1st part of my post because they weren’t related. However if it came off that way, I guess I need to proof read my posts a little more next time or split them into 2 posts.

And I do love InArt’s, but I don’t hate HT version. It just isn’t the “uh oh InArt is in trouble now” level some made it out to be.

Had the portrait been a 1 to 1 translation from the original then it’s something I would’ve happily purchased when it’s parted out on eBay to compliment my InArt Joker.

And it’s all cool with me man. Never felt any animosity coming from you…I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding.

That’s what I was confused with, because in that post I thought I had separated the two: 1- my opinion on the portrait and the praise it received. 2- the bad hair job to service a joke…a bad one at that 😢.

I definitely wasn’t using that picture to ‘prove’ the 1st part of my post because they weren’t related. However if it came off that way, I guess I need to proof read my posts a little more next time or split them into 2 posts.

And I do love InArt’s, but I don’t hate HT version. It just isn’t the “uh oh InArt is in trouble now” level some made it out to be.

Had the portrait been a 1 to 1 translation from the original then it’s something I would’ve happily purchased when it’s parted out on eBay to compliment my InArt Joker.

And it’s all cool with me man. Never felt any animosity coming from you…I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding.
Definite misunderstanding and most likely more on my part than anything; so, again, genuinely apologize for it all the hub-bub :duff

I’ll do you one better:

I own 2. And one of them was the limited edition. And I ‘hate’ purchased them. PO’d them through a friend that owned a toy shop in Chinatown. Hoped HT would revise the final sculpt by the time of release.

They didn’t. And when it came out, I couldn’t screw over my friend and not fulfill my orders.

They’re in my basement somewhere. Haunting me.

I want to get rid of them soooo bad. 😭😭😭
You win.:lol

Back