Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain Marvel - November 2, 2018

Charlize is 39. She is great ,but they need to cast a younger actress.
I like Theron, and would love to see her cast in that role. But I don't think Marvel has the balls to put an older actress as the titular character in a major film. She'll probably be out of films altogether in 5 years, as is the typical case for female actresses.

I like Theron, and would love to see her cast in that role. But I don't think Marvel has the balls to put an older actress as the titular character in a major film. She'll probably be out of films altogether in 5 years, as is the typical case for female actresses.

She did a great job with Mad Max, I can see her being in it longer. I'd imagine theyd really only use her up to IW, which is til she's 43. Also it could lead to Kamala if they wanted to then go for the younger audience.

A new contender personally would have to be Yvonne Strahovski. She's played the badass role really well IMO. She's also 33 so if we really need someone for the long haul she can do fine. Unfortunately, Chastain and Theron would be much older if it was, say; a 10 year deal. Blunt and Winnick are also around Strahovski's age group. She's also 5'10 and Carol is 5'11. Maybe I'm bias cause I just finished Chuck, but she's awesome. She does serious roles well like in Dexter. She get's my new vote as I want Chastain as Medusa, and Blunt had several chances with Black Widow.

ad1YqK5.jpg

Yes Please.

Never been a huge fan of Sackhoff. I cringe at the thought of her joining the MCU.

:rock:hi5:

Not big on Sackhoff myself. I like those that have a kind of lesser known roles. Pratt and Evans are great example. They haven't made a film that distinguishes them from other. Hell, Ruffalo has been in a ton of films and to be honest none have stuck to me til after Avengers. Not saying Strahovski is unknown, but she's great. Plus she's doing a voice work for the new Batman animated film, so it seems she can pull of the superhero vibe.

Nice fan poster. Visually Strahovski is my favorite choice. Beautiful, blonde, athletically built and tall (5'9"). But she doesn't have critically acclaimed performances, marquee appeal or name recognition like Emily Blunt.
Ferguson would be a good choice as well. At 5'7 she's not quite as statuesque as I'd hoped, but she was great in MI:RN.

Nice fan poster. Visually Strahovski is my favorite choice. Beautiful, blonde, athletically built and tall (5'9"). But she doesn't have critically acclaimed performances, marquee appeal or name recognition like Emily Blunt.
Ferguson would be a good choice as well. At 5'7 she's not quite as statuesque as I'd hoped, but she was great in MI:RN.

But she could. She needs a breakout. She's done some fairly high profile stuff, just hasn't become household name yet. Might be the right balance of talent, looks and small contract for Marvel.

I'm sad that she got pushed back to March, but should be great considering we get an Ant-Man sequel.

From Marvel.com for Phase 3 updates:

Marvel.com said:
Now that Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has officially reached its conclusion with the release of Marvel’s “Ant-Man,” we have new details on what to expect in Phase 3!

Following our hero’s debut adventure in this summer’s “Ant-Man,” Scott Lang will return alongside Hope Van Dyne on July 6, 2018 with Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp.” The sequel will mark the first Marvel Studios film named after its heroine.

Additionally, Ant-Man’s second adventure will lead to a couple of other films shifting their dates, with Marvel’s “Black Panther” moving up to February 16, 2018 and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” landing on March 8, 2019.

Finally, three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020.

The announcement of “Ant-Man and the Wasp” follows the success of “Ant-Man,” which has earned $178.5M domestically and $231.3M internationally for a global total of $409.8M. It's the #9 film of the year domestically, and opens in its final international market, China, on October 16.

“Ant-Man” followed one of this year’s biggest blockbusters, Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” which has earned $458.9M domestically and $946M internationally for a global total of $1,404.9M, making it the #2 film of the year domestically and the #6 film of all time globally.

Stay tuned to Marvel.com for more exciting announcements on Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future.

More on Marvel.com: Marvel Studios Phase 3 Update | News | Marvel.com

Well, I'm again sad that Black Panther and Captain Marvel got pushed back even more again. :( what the hell are Scott and Hope gonna be doing between both Infinity War movies?

and Marvel's Captain Marvel just sounds redundant as hell. XD

They can just simply omit the "Marvel's". Just say "Captain Marvel. Don't know why they have put "Marvel's", we all know it's by Marvel. They don't say Marvel's Captain America, or DC's Dark Knight.

They can just simply omit the "Marvel's". Just say "Captain Marvel. Don't know why they have put "Marvel's", we all know it's by Marvel.They don't say Marvel's Captain America, or DC's Dark Knight.

That's a lot of Marvel's.

They don't say Marvel's Captain America, or DC's Dark Knight.

Or Marvel's Marbles.

Mgmru9b.jpg

They can just simply omit the "Marvel's". Just say "Captain Marvel. Don't know why they have put "Marvel's", we all know it's by Marvel. They don't say Marvel's Captain America, or DC's Dark Knight.

I know, right? It just sounds cheesy.That's actually what I love about Man of Steel and The Dark Knight. It does have a Batman: or Superman: in front of it. They should've just called BvS, World's Finest.

Kinda why I hate those YA movies and such. Does it really have to be The Hunger Games: Catching Fire or even the god damn "Twilight Saga:" studios just HAVE to have the name in front to help sell tickets.

Back