Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointed they moved this film AGAIN but it's still in the same spot within the Phase 3 continuity, plus we get Wasp with a bigger role in 2018 before AIW2. Seems like Danvers' story is going to have a major connection to the IW story arc, the way Marvel keeps positioning her film so it's always released right before AIW2.

Slightly OT, I'm a bit worried about BP getting a Feb release, doesn't seem like a great time of year for a tentpole, hopefully it doesn't hurt the BO performance too much. Same goes for CM with its new Mar release, though BvS is going for a Mar release so who knows.

Can people stop trying to have Rousey be a thing? Good God, just cast someone already so I don't have to see Ronda trying to get the role....

Amen, man. I'd honestly rather see her as someone like Valkyrie if she HAD to be in an MCU film, even though I could name other actresses that could be a much much better Valkyrie. Just don't make her Carol!

Everyone wants Emily Blunt to be Carol but I think she'd make a much much better Jessica Drew and have Katheryn Winnick be Carol instead. I haven't seen MI: 5 yet but I hear the main actress in that movie has been considered for the role.

Rebecca Fergson from MI6 would be an amazing choice. She's up there with Blunt for the role, IMO. I would be insanely happy with either of the two.

I don't think they will get Emily Blunt for the role, to be honest... and will go for someone who is up and coming. Hopefully that's Ferguson from MI6.

I can see Blunt landing the role of Medusa in the Inhumans movie though.

Rebecca Fergson from MI6 would be an amazing choice. She's up there with Blunt for the role, IMO. I would be insanely happy with either of the two.

I don't think they will get Emily Blunt for the role, to be honest... and will go for someone who is up and coming. Hopefully that's Ferguson from MI6.

My ideal choice for Medusa would be Jessica Chastain. Ugh she can totally ooze regal-ness and royalty. Plus she's got the acting chops to do it. I absolutely loved her in Zero Dark Thirty and even in Interstellar. Plus, being a redhead is a plus. XD

Amen, man. I'd honestly rather see her as someone like Valkyrie if she HAD to be in an MCU film, even though I could name other actresses that could be a much much better Valkyrie. Just don't make her Carol!

Everyone wants Emily Blunt to be Carol but I think she'd make a much much better Jessica Drew and have Katheryn Winnick be Carol instead. I haven't seen MI: 5 yet but I hear the main actress in that movie has been considered for the role.
Yeah I'd rather Rousey not be in anything at all. Not even Alien Bystander #8. After Expendables III, she just isn't cut for it. Same with Gina Carano. Let those 2 just stay away, unfortunately they just had to get Carano in Deadpool....

I can see Blunt being Drew. After seeing Sicario; I don't quite think I'd like her as Carol.

Winnick looks good, but I just can't go for it, honestly Yvonne Strahovski is my main choice for Danvers. Seeing her in "Chuck" I can see her kicking ass all around.

Fergson is sexy, but just like Blunt, I'm not sure they'd seem fitting as Carol. I'd rather utilize them as Asgardians or someone else.

I think after her passing up BW, I think it might be tight trying to get Blunt in.

My ideal choice for Medusa would be Jessica Chastain. Ugh she can totally ooze regal-ness and royalty. Plus she's got the acting chops to do it. I absolutely loved her in Zero Dark Thirty and even in Interstellar. Plus, being a redhead is a plus. XD

I want you to know, that it is only BECAUSE of YOU, that I campaign this! For some reason I just wasn't a fan of her, but gave her a second chance, and seeing all these recent movies with her...well I just came to love her. Just saw Martian for 2 reasons: heard it was good, and second reason was; because of Chastain.

And no, being a redhead does not do any harm at all. :lol

Chastain for Medusa!!!

I'm honestly super tired of the Rousey fad express. She belongs in the octagon. Not in movies. Media is trying to push her all over us.

I'm honestly super tired of the Rousey fad express. She belongs in the octagon. Not in movies. Media is trying to push her all over us.

ComicBook.com has been pissing me off with their non-stop postings about it. They did the same for Tyrese Gibson for Jon Stewart. Just stop. There is a reason why they get so much backlash.

Would anybody else want them to change up the ethnicity for Captain Marvel?

I think Priyanka Chopra from Quantico would be a wonderful choice for Captain Marvel. Her casting could be a slight nod to the current, South Asian Captain Marvel from the comics, Kamala Khan. She'd also diversify the Avengers in a great way... not to mention she is absolutely stunning. :love

PcSqJvL.jpg

I wish they would announce their casting choice soon. It seems a bit overdue and choices seem to have been all over the board. My top 3 are Emily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson and Yvonne Strahovski (who would also make a good invisible woman).

What Riddick says. really, why why why. I'm so tired of this obsession with "diversity".

But I don't care about Cap Marvel (Carol) anyway, I tried to like her, read a bunch of stuff of her, entire series, but nope, weak ass character, even dropped the last pre-secret wars run for being unbearably uninteresting and boring...

In this case, if we're gonna have a race swap, might as well do Kamala, not only a slight nod, full Kamala Khan, who's a far better character anyway, but Kamala is a plain Jane geeky looking girl, she's not supposed to be stunning, just awkward looking and occasionally cute.

Plus, it would fit the MCU action-comedy formula far better.

msmarvel3featuredimage.jpg

msmarvel3-bodydiversity.jpg

Yeah, you know what? I hope we get Kamala, otherwise I'm just not gonna care :lol

Looks like this is our Carol Danvers.

6q8wp5.jpg

I gotta say, I'm ****ing impressed. Brie Larson is a fantastic actress. While she's way too young to be a Major in the USAF, she's good enough to make me look past it.

So from RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth & Ruffalo to Cumberbatch, Larson, Boseman & Holland.

It'll be interesting to see how long Johansson and Renner stick around after Infinity Wars.

Back