Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain Marvel - November 2, 2018

No Chastain, no Blunt, there is only Lagertha.
Lagertha for the win(nick) .....

0n3SZNH.jpg

She looks great, but film will be out when she's 40. Is she capable to last long after that? Gotta consider the long run. Same reason I'm hesitant on Chastain. Blunt is 32, and she looked great in EoT; I'd say they could all handle physical roles, but look at the endgame.

Last edited:

Yeah, I said this before, but I'm very doubtful that they'll cast anyone in their mid-30s or older. Beauty fades, and if you're casting based on looks, and have a long-term plan as Marvel Studios does, you should go with someone young. Probably early 30s at the very oldest.

Hmmm, good point. I'm guessing Marvel might be thinking the same as well anyway. I'm not against Blunt. She was cool in EoT. I still like the way Winnick might look in that suit though :naughty

Yeah, I said this before, but I'm very doubtful that they'll cast anyone in their mid-30s or older. Beauty fades, and if you're casting based on looks, and have a long-term plan as Marvel Studios does, you should go with someone young. Probably early 30s at the very oldest.
Exactly! I mean Blunt may even be pushing it too at 32.
Hmmm, good point. I'm guessing Marvel might be thinking the same as well anyway. I'm not against Blunt. She was cool in EoT. I still like the way Winnick might look in that suit though :naughty
Yeah, Winnick looks great, it'd definitely look good; but I'm thinking what are the chances?
Jeff Sneider is reporting that this film will have a female director. Rumor is that it's Angelina Jolie.

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider

:exactly:

Personally, I thought Unbroken wasn't too bad for her directing debut, but the movie was more chopped up than a ****ing Hostel film.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2015/0...on-as-captain-marvel-angelina-jolie-to-direct

The rumor that Angelina Jolie could direct Captain Marvel persists, now joined by whisperings that Charlize Theron will be her star.

According to a source reporting to OK Magazine (via Yahoo), Marvel has been "courting" Jolie for the director's role, who will definitely take the gig if Theron signs on.

The source said: "Marvel has been courting Angie to direct the project and Charlize is a clear fan favourite for the starring role. If Charlize were to get the part, Angie would almost certainly sign on to work with her new pal."

If I were WB, I'd be scooping up the latter before the competition does. There wouldn't be any better time, either, with her having just come off of finishing Fury Road.

Charlize is 39. She is great ,but they need to cast a younger actress.

Charlize is 39. She is great ,but they need to cast a younger actress.

Johansson --------- 30
Hemsworth -------- 31
Evans / Smulders -- 33
Hiddleston --------- 34
Lilly --------------- 35
Mackie ------------ 36
Renner / Bettany -- 44
Rudd -------------- 46
Ruffalo ------------ 47
Downey / Cheadle - 50

___

Chadwick Boseman is 38 yet he's already playing Panther in Civil War.

I haven't seen anything Jolie has directed. Is she any good? She's acted in her share of action/popcorn movies, so she should understand that aspect of it.

I haven't seen anything Jolie has directed. Is she any good? She's acted in her share of action/popcorn movies, so she should understand that aspect of it.

I believe she's only directed two movies so far (third one coming this year) and so far both were not well received from critics. Maybe word of mouth has been good on her latest flick which got Marvel's attention?

Then that's not very good. I'm guessing it's the name more than the directing ability they want, and that's likely to end badly.

Pturtle is right, however, I'd say Unbroken was pretty good, just felt choppy on transitions and so forth.

I just don't think they are selecting her due to directing bit rather her actress credibility. She has been in a good amount of action flicks so I'm not too worried, but it feels like Marvel is just trying to suck up as many big names as they can. Nobody gave a **** about Iron Man but with RDJs name plastered, everyone is a huge fan of iron man all of a sudden.

Pturtle is right, however, I'd say Unbroken was pretty good, just felt choppy on transitions and so forth.
I'm sure the Marvel machine will be there to pick up any slack if she ends up being the director and can't meet whatever standards they set for her. They're a pretty well oiled machine by now.

Nobody gave a **** about Iron Man but with RDJs name plastered, everyone is a huge fan of iron man all of a sudden.

I still and always despise Iron Man and Tony Stark. :lol

I'm sure the Marvel machine will be there to pick up any slack if she ends up being the director and can't meet whatever standards they set for her. They're a pretty well oiled machine by now.

I still and always despise Iron Man and Tony Stark. :lol
Yeah that's what I'm willing to bet. At least it's an executive stand point that wants good transition between the universe.

Lol same here. I just meant how everyone is jumping on to bandwagon yet they were the same ****s that gave me **** for liking comics when I was younger. *******s.

Back