Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who the heck dumps a highly entertaining 20 movie connected universe 1 movie before the grand finale :lol

I can see if 15 of the 20 movies were bad but that’s not the case if anything even the weaker entries served a purpose.

Dump it 3 movies in not 20 movies in right before part 2 of an epic 2 parter!

Yeah, what’s two more movies

she's a good actress but why does she look like this emoji during the full trailer?

expressionless-face_1f611.png

Who the heck dumps a highly entertaining 20 movie connected universe 1 movie before the grand finale :lol

I can see if 15 of the 20 movies were bad but that’s not the case if anything even the weaker entries served a purpose.

Is he entirely wrong though? Even as someone who mostly enjoys the MCU myself, you can't deny that most of their films follow the same pattern post-Phase One with occasional boosts in quality like TWS and GotG1, and even I recognize that. IM2/AoU/CW/GotG2/Thor 3 were all straight-up bad IMO.

she's a good actress but why does she look like this emoji during the full trailer?

expressionless-face_1f611.png

:rotfl :rotfl

Is he entirely wrong though? Even as someone who mostly enjoys the MCU myself, you can't deny that most of their films follow the same pattern post-Phase One with occasional boosts in quality like TWS and GotG1, and even I recognize that. IM2/AoU/CW/GotG2/Thor 3 were all straight-up bad IMO.

If being 'different' gets us films like what DC has been putting out I think I'll stick with the MCU.

Unless we're talking about superhero fatigue in general - which is fair enough.

If being 'different' gets us films like what DC has been putting out I think I'll stick with the MCU.

I never said the DC stuff was good either. :dunno

In fact I hated Suicide Squad so much that I never saw another.

Meh.
Brie Larson- As dull as a cardboard box.

:sleep

:exactly:

I wasn't as highly entertained as you guys, evidently. Haven't been in a while; only stuck with it for completion's sake which, in hindsight, is a dumb reason. Bailed out of Star Wars in similar fashion. I just don't care about these characters, they all feel the same. This is the problem with cinematic universes. Not only is it harder to make a truly satisfying standalone because you have to link it to the ten films before and ten films after (that haven't even been made yet), but the tone has to be consistent enough that it's not jarring when the films finally combine.

You're right, most of the films weren't bad (even some of the films Chakor dislikes, I thought were all right). But complacency is as much a crime, especially 20 movies in.

Wake me up when they make a pulpy, military sci-fi Deathlok movie set in the future. Or something with the Savage Land. Everything that's been linked to the Avengers just feels homogenous.

A little bit of that, too.

Last edited:
I never said the DC stuff was good either. :dunno

In fact I hated Suicide Squad so much that I never saw another.

:lol

vlcsnap-2018-09-18-20h36m34s474.jpg

It's just, what's the alternative to the MCU with its samey pattern. Something that has no consistent pattern? That's not working out for DC.

Basically, after watching this trailer many times now..instead of making Capt Marvel an interesting and unique character like in the comics , they are making her the marvel version of Gal’s WW :slap

I guess they are always going to make all superhero females empowered Mary Sue from now on :slap

I mean c’mon showing her like a badass little girl when she was a kid ..why do films always have to follow this theme for female superheroes now.

Why can’t we just get a female superhero with no message behind it ..this shtick is getting old Hollywood

Hopefully captain marvel can smile, all she does in this trailer is scowl like batman. She comes off as an angry depressed ***** that doesn't seem to enjoy being a her(o), which isn't very marvel like. Were her parents murdered in the streets in front of her when she was a child, or did all her people die when her home planet exploded?? What captain marvel is this... If the rumors are true and this is supposed to be a comedy in the vain of thor ragnarok, they already failed by having the main hero scowl the whole time.. Maybe it will be like the predators where everyone else is there for comic relief but the main character

Thor 3 he smiles everyone complains

Captain Marvel she scowls now complaints

Marvel can’t win.

No wait they just made 4 billion off 3 movies just in 2018 yup they can and are winning lol

Thor 3 he smiles everyone complains

Captain Marvel she scowls now complaints

Marvel can’t win.

No wait they just made 4 billion off 3 movies just in 2018 yup they can and are winning lol

Marvel always wins what rock have you been under lol.. Point being she looks like a character from a dceu movie, not smiling or enjoying her job as a her(o). Thor ragnarok was awesome the only stupid part is when they had thor scream like a little girl while he was on that chair when he was first meeting the Grandmaster. It was a major roll your eyes, shrug your shoulders, feel incomfortable moment

Meh.
Brie Larson- As dull as a cardboard box.

:sleep

Basically, after watching this trailer many times now..instead of making Capt Marvel an interesting and unique character like in the comics , they are making her the marvel version of Gal’s WW :slap

I guess they are always going to make all superhero females empowered Mary Sue from now on :slap

I mean c’mon showing her like a badass little girl when she was a kid ..why do films always have to follow this theme for female superheroes now.

Why can’t we just get a female superhero with no message behind it ..this shtick is getting old Hollywood

Hopefully captain marvel can smile, all she does in this trailer is scowl like batman. She comes off as an angry depressed ***** that doesn't seem to enjoy being a her(o), which isn't very marvel like. Were her parents murdered in the streets in front of her when she was a child, or did all her people die when her home planet exploded?? What captain marvel is this... If the rumors are true and this is supposed to be a comedy in the vain of thor ragnarok, they already failed by having the main hero scowl the whole time.. Maybe it will be like the predators where everyone else is there for comic relief but the main character

I love how we all make conclusions about the actress, her character & the movie as a whole based on a 2 minute trailer. Heck, based on IW some of these scenes won't even make the final cut. :lol

I love how we all make conclusions about the actress, her character & the movie as a whole based on a 2 minute trailer. Heck, based on IW some of these scenes won't even make the final cut. :lol

Yes sir you are correct but its definitely noticeable that she doesn't seem to by happy at all in any of the scenes shown. I think its a fair argument to say that the trailer reflects the overall tone of the movie regardless if all of the scenes are kept. Its also probably fair to say that the scenes shown are taken from shots throughout the movie not just one part of it; so seeing her scowl the whole time is a bit alarming in that regard. And people were able to correctly guess the tone of Infinity war based on the trailer, who really thought most of the hero's weren't going to die. There wasn't much smiling going on in the trailer for infinity war or the movie itself.

:lol well you do have point..sort of about scenes in a trailer getting chopped..this seems to happen a lot more often nowadays. Yes I know it’s always been like this with final cut and trailers..but this has been happening more than usual

Just watched the trailer, really liked it. Seems like they're really wanting to portray her as a question mark to casual audiences with her somber demeanor, punching out old ladies, and parallel to X-Men's psycho Dark Phoenix.

My two favorite moments:

1. Her mask with glowing eyes, looks awesome!

2. Blockbuster Video, holy crap did that give me warm 90's/early 2000's fuzzies. RIP. :(

Huh. I'd ask why IW had to be a fun-filled commercial for the next MCU, instead of the gritty, ominous, gut-wrenching film I was expecting. Feige must be doing something right tho, and people like me who think it'd be a lot more interesting to see Tony Stark, Antman, etc. come up with a way to turn things around (as opposed to bringing in Mary Sue to save the day) can just go cry in a corner and re-watch TWS.

Back