Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh. I'd ask why IW had to be a fun-filled commercial for the next MCU, instead of the gritty, ominous, gut-wrenching film I was expecting. Feige must be doing something right tho, and people like me who think it'd be a lot more interesting to see Tony Stark, Antman, etc. come up with a way to turn things around (as opposed to bringing in Mary Sue to save the day) can just go cry in a corner and re-watch TWS.

Based on Dr. Strange's actions in IW we already know that Tony's presence is a key. That probably wouldn't be the case if all he did was sit on the sidelines and eat popcorn while Captain Marvel did all the heavy lifting. Given that it's an Avengers movie, I'm expecting a collaborative effort, with both Ant-Man (quantum realm) and CM bringing new assets to the party.

Just watched the trailer, really liked it. Seems like they're really wanting to portray her as a question mark to casual audiences with her somber demeanor, punching out old ladies, and parallel to X-Men's psycho Dark Phoenix.

My two favorite moments:

1. Her mask with glowing eyes, looks awesome!

2. Blockbuster Video, holy crap did that give me warm 90's/early 2000's fuzzies. RIP. :(

Blockbuster store brought back their popcorn candy smell in my head.

Trailer was terrible. My expression watching this mimicked hers the entire time.

44772565341_071a22634e_c.jpg

Yes because Sarah Connor and Ripley were so full of laughs and smiles in their movies. :lol

Are men so insecure now that even a large nose or a serious face causes a meltdown!

Holy crap fellas get a grip it’s like someone needs to shake your shoulders and slap your faces just to snap you out of the hysteria lol

Jury's still out on Brie here. A good actress yes, but is she suited for this type of role?

Is it possible this could be Marvel's first case of miscasting? Or is she absolute perfect casting akin to RDJ as Stark?

Yes because Sarah Connor and Ripley were so full of laughs and smiles in their movies. :lol

Are men so insecure now that even a large nose or a serious face causes a meltdown!

Holy crap fellas get a grip it’s like someone needs to shake your shoulders and slap your faces just to snap you out of the hysteria lol

Because ScarJo is *so* expressive as Black Widow. :cuckoo:

Considering Captain Marvel is portrayed as a chick with amnesia fighting aliens I fail to see the problem with her looking confused and/or concerned.

Large nose, serious face, looking confused or concerned? :confused:

SHES A BLACK HOLE OF CHARISMA.
SHE'S EMOTIONLESS.
SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE'S ON XANAX AND AMBIEN AND NEEDS TO ADJUST HER DOSAGE.
JUST LISTEN TO HER DIALOGUE, SHE CAN BARELY MUSTER ENOUGH ENERGY TO GET THE WORDS OUT.

It has nothing to do with her looks.

The first feminist message spotted. In the trailer, the A and the O are shaded in the phrase "a hero" to highlight the word "her".

This may suggest where the priority of the writing went to.

because scarjo is *so* expressive as black widow. :cuckoo:

Considering captain marvel is portrayed as a chick with amnesia fighting aliens i fail to see the problem with her looking confused and/or concerned.

i hate that stupid head-tilt she does it's so annoying!!!

The first feminist message spotted. In the trailer, the A and the O are shaded in the phrase "a hero" to highlight the word "her".

This may suggest where the priority of the writing went to.

Actually, it just completes the text in the trailer "Discover what makes her a hero".

Back