Catwoman and Bane confirmed for TDK Rises!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mila kunis is hot. but not a good actress by any stretch. shes tiny too. she would look like a child next to batman. hathaway is perfect. youll see, youll all love her, and buy her hot toy.

I think Hathaway is a great choice. Interesting and challenging like Heath was. She is a really good underused actress, I bet it will redefine her as an actor as it would have Ledger. This isn't a "who would I ____" competition. I don't want to ____ Michelle Pfeiffer but she was iconic as Catwoman in BR.

The ignorance of people on these boards astounds me sometimes.

For Bane, he is highly intelligent; in "Bane of the Demon", Ra al Ghul says that Bane "has a mind equal to the greatest he has known." In prison, he taught himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields. He knows six active languages and at least two additional arcane and dead ones, those mentioned are Spanish, English, Urdu, Persian, and Latin. The "Bane of the Demon" storyline reveals that he has a photographic memory. Within one year, he is able to deduce Batman's secret identity.

Right up there with Ras in terms of villainy and definitely the "mastermind" someone was posting all over the place. You need to understand that Schumacher raped the character.

For Anne Hathaway, she was an Oscar nominated/Golden Globes nominated actress for a film in 2008, she has shown she can do comedy, period pieces, wacky films (look at Alice in Wonderland), dramatic pieces, Havoc despite being best known for seeing the goods was a pretty heavy film amongst others. Not to mention she is attractive and will fill out the catsuit well especially since I have a feeling that Nolan will give Bane a lot of attention in terms of looks but that Catwoman will be closer to the comics.

I have no issues with these villain selections and those who are up on their Batman history shouldn't either. As for the castings, Hardy seems fine for Bane. Bane was in prison and huge.

Bronson-bronson.jpg

Just type in Tom Hardy Bronson into Google Images and you'll see.

You know they'll be using Jim Lee's interpretation as a guide.

catwoman.jpg

anne_hathaway2_400.jpg

I don't see the issue.

For Bane, he is highly intelligent; in "Bane of the Demon", Ra al Ghul says that Bane "has a mind equal to the greatest he has known." In prison, he taught himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields. He knows six active languages and at least two additional arcane and dead ones, those mentioned are Spanish, English, Urdu, Persian, and Latin. The "Bane of the Demon" storyline reveals that he has a photographic memory. Within one year, he is able to deduce Batman's secret identity.

Right up there with Ras in terms of villainy and definitely the "mastermind" someone was posting all over the place. You need to understand that Schumacher raped the character.

For Anne Hathaway, she was an Oscar nominated/Golden Globes nominated actress for a film in 2008, she has shown she can do comedy, period pieces, wacky films (look at Alice in Wonderland), dramatic pieces, Havoc despite being best known for seeing the goods was a pretty heavy film amongst others. Not to mention she is attractive and will fill out the catsuit well especially since I have a feeling that Nolan will give Bane a lot of attention in terms of looks but that Catwoman will be closer to the comics.

I have no issues with these villain selections and those who are up on their Batman history shouldn't either. As for the castings, Hardy seems fine for Bane. Bane was in prison and huge.

I don't see the issue.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

:exactly:

Bane is going to be epic.

there is no issue, they are both perfect. agree with THE MIKE 100%

I just trust in Nolan. I really didn't think Heath Ledger would possible be a good pick for Joker but damn was I wrong. And after watching Bronson, Tom Hardy as Bane is going to be amazing.

I'm sure Nolan will give Tom Hardy some great material to work with and Hardy will make the character his own, in much the same way Heath did with the joker.

I really think every one of Nolan's castings in the films so far have been perfect EXCEPT both Rachels

I think these will prove to be inspired choices too

Bronson-bronson.jpg

catwoman.jpg

anne_hathaway2_400.jpg

I don't see the issue.

:goodpost:

(except I hope they don't put goggles on The Cat)

Great post, The Mike. :)
Is "Bane of the Demon" a good read?

I enjoyed it and would recommend it. Considering it has Ras, Talia and Bane, it might be some of the basis for this film...

I have a feeling that a mix of that storyline and a Catwoman modern arc would be the basis. If we knew more about what capacity Catwoman was in, we could probably figure that line out as well.

NOOOOOO!!!!! ....... catwoman = :nono:toilet_cl:dump:pow:banghead:banghead
why exactly do you say that? I hope not for the sole reason that it has already been used in a Batman movie?...because look what Nolan did with the Joker, that proved to be big a failure to reuse that character huh? (ow, I am being sarcastic :))

His joker worked, so why wouldn't his Catwoman work as well?
Ow and she is catwoman?
anne-hathaway.jpg

I definitely can see that happen!
BRING IT ON!

the 1st one was about fear, then 2nd was about chaos, the 3rd will be about love. (talia AND selina) going to be awesome.

anne-hathaway-havocjpg.jpg

Miaaaaaaouwwwwwwwwwwww!

oe yeah, I like where this topic is heading to! :)

On the "looks-side" she can compete with Michelle Pfeiffer (wich was a terrific gothic catwoman)

I wonder what kind of Catwoman we will see in the Nolan world though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back