Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna be getting them gallery wrapped real soon, then up onto the wall! :D

Damn-You-Sir-Classy-J.D.-On-Scrubs.gif

HELL YEAH :rock

Just one ? :dunno

The days go by and no news. I'm thinking this is going to be a lackluster event.

There are... behind the scenes reasons for the lack of consistent, timely official announcements. The biggest one is that Disney takes FOREVER to officially "bless" things (a requirement for all official announcements). And there are also some personnel changes going on (Mary Franklin is leaving Lucasfilm next week and taking a full-time position at Reed, the company that actually produces Star Wars Celebration).

Despite these things, everything IS moving along pretty smoothly behind-the-scenes. We have conference calls at least 3 times a week. There will definitely be cool stuff at this show. It's just that official news of it continues to barely trickle out.

Sideshow will have a booth at Celebration this year, by the way (the first since C4 in 2007). I'm not sure that has been announced or anything, but I don't believe it's sensitive information. Definitely cool for freaks, though. :rock

Anyway, I understand the frustration with the lack of announcements and detailed info. But fear not, cool stuff is afoot.

I always figures SS would have a booth being that it was within a day driving. I always understood not trucking a booth and products all the way across the country but now they can drive it down themselves like they did for CIV.

You're breaking my heart :monkey2
No PT quotes allowed! :lecture

You will be. You. Will. Be.
OT FTW! :hi5:

Sideshow will have a booth at Celebration this year, by the way (the first since C4 in 2007). I'm not sure that has been announced or anything, but I don't believe it's sensitive information. Definitely cool for freaks, though. :rock
It's about damn time! I honestly don't remember their CIV booth... Was there an exclusive? I would hope for an Anaheim exclusive, but I have enough Clones already...

I always figures SS would have a booth being that it was within a day driving. I always understood not trucking a booth and products all the way across the country but now they can drive it down themselves like they did for CIV.
I said the same thing when I went to Wondercon. Alas, no booth there. But this year, Susan did go and handed out some stuff. But she was a wandering target...

There are... behind the scenes reasons for the lack of consistent, timely official announcements. The biggest one is that Disney takes FOREVER to officially "bless" things (a requirement for all official announcements). And there are also some personnel changes going on (Mary Franklin is leaving Lucasfilm next week and taking a full-time position at Reed, the company that actually produces Star Wars Celebration).

Despite these things, everything IS moving along pretty smoothly behind-the-scenes. We have conference calls at least 3 times a week. There will definitely be cool stuff at this show. It's just that official news of it continues to barely trickle out.

Anyway, I understand the frustration with the lack of announcements and detailed info. But fear not, cool stuff is afoot.

Good to know some good stuff is coming. Thanks, Carl! :duff

Rancho Obi-Wan made the cross-country trek to the last two Celebrations with rare pieces. I think they even went to Celebration Europe II.

Wasn't 1:6 Yavin Ceremony Luke the CIV Exclusive (though you could buy it online)? I also remember that the PF Speeder Bike was revealed in the Sideshow booth at CIV.

Wasn't 1:6 Yavin Ceremony Luke the CIV Exclusive (though you could buy it online)? I also remember that the PF Speeder Bike was revealed in the Sideshow booth at CIV.

Yup! I have the Yavin Luke from CIV, and I remember the Sideshow panel. That's where they gave away the PF speederbike.

Good to know some good stuff is coming. Thanks, Carl! :duff

Rancho Obi-Wan made the cross-country trek to the last two Celebrations with rare pieces. I think they even went to Celebration Europe II.
Yes they did! It helps that Celebration pays for the shipping of the stuff. But I know Steve and Anne go through a lot of effort to select and pack up the items for shipping. And pray that they arrive in one piece... I wonder if they will just drive a trailer down to Anaheim, instead of shipping... I plan on renewing my ROW membership at CVII. I like to support them. They're good people! There is a special patch for renewing on-site as well...

Good memory!

Yup! I have the Yavin Luke from CIV, and I remember the Sideshow panel. That's where they gave away the PF speederbike.
Yep, you guys are correct. I think I missed the panel giveaway, but I heard about it...

Hope all freaks get a ssc gift
AMEN, brotha! :hi5: I'm sure they will. But I hope they have random amounts, and aren't all just $25 off. $25 doesn't go far these days. I need at least $50 to consider ordering the GC eligible items...
Of course, they aren't called Gift Cards anymore, since they will be selling actual gift cards. They are promo codes now. Although, I suppose they could give out actual gift cards, but I suspect they won't, since actual GC's are like cash, and can be used on anything. They want to unload their overstock.

I remember some pretty good prices on "show specials".
They used to have good show specials, but the last few SDCC's I went to didn't have any. You used to be able to pre-order items there as well, on the spot, to avoid the mass online ordering. But nowadays, nothing sells out online immediately (likely due to the higher prices, and also producing a larger quantity). Those days are long gone... Hopefully they will have some show specials. I could be persuaded into buying a few things, for the right price...

Back