Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's coming! :rock

Sideshow announces

It’s official – Sideshow Collectibles is coming to Star Wars Celebration 2015 from April 6-9th in Anaheim, California!

In addition to a collection of our newest Star Wars products on display at our booth, we’ve invited over 90 friends and fans to participate in R2-ME2, a unique re-imagining of everyone’s favorite sassy astromech: R2-D2!

Starting with a blank prototype version of Sideshow’s R2-D2 Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure, the Force is strong with this collective of creative minds from across the galaxy as they begin outfitting the iconic droid with new paint, accessories and more. Check out a sneak peek at some of the artists’ progress on these one-of-a-kind custom projects below, and follow along on Instagram with the hashtag #R2ME2.

New guests announced:

Ian McDiarmid (Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine)
Erik Bauersfeld (Voice Actor — Admiral Ackbar and Bib Fortuna, Return of the Jedi)
Stephen Costantino (Gamorrean Guard, Return of the Jedi)
John Morton (Dak Ralter, The Empire Strikes Back)
Brian Muir (Darth Vader Helmet & Armor Sculptor, Original Trilogy)
Bonnie Piesse (Beru Whitesun Lars, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith)
Clive Revill (Voice Actor — The Emperor, The Empire Strikes Back)
Corey Dee Williams (Klaatu the Skiff Guard, Return of the Jedi)

Corey Dee but not Billie Dee? :gah:

I hope brian Muir has some of his book, I would like an autographed copy.

Nice to see my girl Bonnie coming back to the party !

I think I will get Clive Revill just to be complete.

That's how I ended up with a complete Jabba Display...
The throne? I seem to recall it was $200 special at SDCC. I won a Jabba at SDCC. Was a ***** to take back on the plane...
Hmmm. How come we're first hearing about the R2-ME2 thing now! We have some great customizers in here that would do great at customizing R2!

New guests announced:

Ian McDiarmid (Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine)
Erik Bauersfeld (Voice Actor — Admiral Ackbar and Bib Fortuna, Return of the Jedi)
Stephen Costantino (Gamorrean Guard, Return of the Jedi)
John Morton (Dak Ralter, The Empire Strikes Back)
Brian Muir (Darth Vader Helmet & Armor Sculptor, Original Trilogy)
Bonnie Piesse (Beru Whitesun Lars, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith)
Clive Revill (Voice Actor — The Emperor, The Empire Strikes Back)
Corey Dee Williams (Klaatu the Skiff Guard, Return of the Jedi)

Corey Dee but not Billie Dee? :gah:
Mmmmmmmmmm, Bonnie....... Clive Revill is an interesting one. Never seen him do a con before...

I think I will get Clive Revill just to be complete.
Then you can say "The circle is now complete!"

I can't see Natalie wanting or needing to go. Most the ones that go to conventions like this are those who don't have a lot going on.

I guess PT gets so much hate that Hayden, Natalie and Ewan just avoid these?
We'll see Hayden in the future, once he realizes he's a washed up actor who can't get work, but can make good money from autographs.

Hayden was at CII, I don't think he signed tho. Forget about Ewan & Natalie.
I agree we'll never see them at a convention, but don't forget Official Pix has ways of convincing stars to sign a limited number of autographs for sale online. They got Harrison Ford to do it, so I'm sure they can get Ewan or Natalie eventually... Ewan would be more likely to do it than Natalie, but you never know... Perhaps Ewan and his Uncle Wedge can do a signing together!
Yes, I know Denis Lawson doesn't sign either... But in 15 years when he's old and grey, you never know...

I thought MacGregor didn't like Star Wars fans because he thinks they're all signature scalpers.
Yes, that's true. But Mark Hamill and Ian McDiarmid both used to not sign autographs on SW items, then suddenly had a change of heart when OPix offered them lots of money... Money talks!

Finally bought my celebration tickets... had the hotel reserved about a year ago...bought the airfare about 2 months ago...the circle is now complete.

Hmm. I wonder if there will be an official 'Sideshow Party' at Celebration this year...

Hmm. I wonder if there will be an official 'Sideshow Party' at Celebration this year...
I don't think there was one at CIV. I know MR had one. I think GG had something outside that I am not aware of anything else.

Closure and Refurbishment Schedule

Disneyland Park

Matterhorn Bobsleds: Closed for refurbishment, reopens May 16.
Snow White Grotto and Wishing Well: Originally scheduled to be closed for refurbishment until May 1 but is partially behind scaffolding.
Critter Country, including Splash Mountain: All Critter Country attractions, stores and restaurants are closed for refurbishment and will reopen April 3, 2015.
Peter Pan’s Flight: Closed for refurbishment and enhancements. Reopens May 8.
Magic Eye Theatre: Closed indefinitely.

Disney California Adventure

Soarin’ Over California: Closed for refurbishment and enhancements. Reopens May 15.
Taste Pilot’s Grill: Closed refurbishment and enhancements. Reopens March 13.
World of Color: Dark for refurbishment and to upgrade infrastructure for new show. Reopens March 13.
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: Closed for refurbishment. Reopens March 3.
Grizzly River Run: Closed for refurbishment. Reopens March 20.
Luigi’s Flying Tires: Closed starting February 17 for re-Imagineering into new attraction. Reopening not yet announced.
It’s Tough to be a Bug!: Dark while theater is used for “Cinderella” sneak peek.
Muppet*Vision 3D: Dark indefinitely while theater is used for Frozen-themed show.
Blue Sky Cellar: Closed indefinitely.

Back