Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Celebration VII - Anaheim, April 16-19, 2015 - Confirmed!

Just got back from my softball game (we won).

You guys will like the Anaheim Convention Center. It's a perfect place for this. Plenty of space. Disneyland adjacent. Tons of hotels. You can fly into John Wayne airport, Ontario, LAX or Burbank.... so that will help with flight costs since there's lots of options. You could even fly into San Diego and drive up if it saves lots of $$$.

We should talk to Darklord Dave about any potential Freaks parties. Since he's in LA, we should defer to him if he wants to organize it. If not I'm sure we'll get a few people to put something together.

Disneyland on Wednesday?

Definitely!

I might even come in Tuesday to hit up Disneyland both days.

Hell yeah! Is the convention center really across the street from Disneyland? :panic:

You guys will like the Anaheim Convention Center. It's a perfect place for this. Plenty of space. Disneyland adjacent. Tons of hotels. You can fly into John Wayne airport, Ontario, LAX or Burbank.... so that will help with flight costs since there's lots of options. You could even fly into San Diego and drive up if it saves lots of $$$.

We should talk to Darklord Dave about any potential Freaks parties. Since he's in LA, we should defer to him if he wants to organize it. If not I'm sure we'll get a few people to put something together.

I am excited now for the prospect of a new area to explore. So long as I can find a hotel across the street or so, I will be very happy.

I predict we'll be seeing quite a few of our West Coast Freaks for this one. :yess:

-- Waller, you better warm up your *** cushion for Ford. :lol

vader.jpg

Hell yeah! Is the convention center really across the street from Disneyland? :panic:

Oh yeah. Disneyland/California Adventure are literally across the street. There are a ton of hotels right there too. Obviously Anaheim is safe and clean.

Wondercon has been there the past two years. Lots of fun... although it was pouring - and I mean pouring - rain the first year of Wondercon in Anaheim. And parking was a mess because there was a cheerleading convention there that morning too. People had to park at Angels Stadium and get shuttled over (soaking wet). But that type of weather is a huge aberration in SoCal.

One thing we need to keep an eye on as we get closer is if CVII has the entire convention center. I hope it does and we're not sharing space. It'll make parking way easier and keep it generally less crowded. Clearly Disney has beyond massive sway in Anaheim... so I'm sure they'll get what they want!

I'm back for a bit... :lol

-- You gotta come Josh! :rock:rock:rock

-- Flosi will be in the house! Sweet! :clap

-- Poor Gabe, though! :(

-- Waller, you better warm up your *** cushion for Ford. :lol

-- and I think Shropt just volunteered to run the Freaks party! :lol

I will be mulling it over for sure. :rock

Wondercon has been there the past two years. Lots of fun... although it was pouring - and I mean pouring - rain the first year of Wondercon in Anaheim. And parking was a mess because there was a cheerleading convention there that morning too. People had to park at Angels Stadium and get shuttled over (soaking wet). But that type of weather is a huge aberration in SoCal.

You had me at wet cheerleaders. :monkey3

Who's doing the Freak party!?!?

And I edited the first post to remove the misinformation. Strange this is Lucas signed a 3 convention deal so I wonder what happened. Maybe we'll get C8?

Thanks Shroptay! :wave

Disneyland on Wednesday?

Maybe, if the gang is.

Swabie and Flosi tag team!

I was gonna say Swabie, if he could. Flosi is too far away.

Then I read this. Already shirking his responsibility. :lol

But DD would be the best route first line yeah!

I am excited now for the prospect of a new area to explore. So long as I can find a hotel across the street or so, I will be very happy.

I predict we'll be seeing quite a few of our West Coast Freaks for this one. :yess:

Rustle 'em up. I don't care about prizes! My ultimate prize is hanging out with amigos, freaks, and GrueSam in particular!

Oh yeah. Disneyland/California Adventure are literally across the street. There are a ton of hotels right there too. Obviously Anaheim is safe and clean.

One thing we need to keep an eye on as we get closer is if CVII has the entire convention center. I hope it does and we're not sharing space. It'll make parking way easier and keep it generally less crowded. Clearly Disney has beyond massive sway in Anaheim... so I'm sure they'll get what they want!

He beat me to it. What, you didn't believe me earlier Waller?

I had a lot of those same ideas. Hopefully we have the whole space!

You had me at wet cheerleaders. :monkey3

:thwak

Big multiquote!

Too far to bring any of my 1:1 Astromechs or the Landspeeder. But, it might simplify things so I can focus on Star Wars Road Trips stuff. Maybe we can even organize an official tour of the DV sites the week before or after the convention.

Already shirking his responsibility. :lol

You guys know I can't be responsible. I mean you've all met me. I can barely remain sober enough to take care of myself.

:chug:chug

:moon:moon

:duh:duh:duh

I kiiiid. I kiiiid. I'd certainly be up for getting something together. Hopefully someone else can co-chair with me. Just don't want to step in Darlord Dave's toes. These are his boards after all.

I'm hoping this lead up time gives me a real opportunity to have a lot of work on R2 completed. Gotta get in good with the builders at DroidCon this weekend, and maybe I can be one of the few, the proud, the broke as a joke members on display.

That and get Han ready! :D pew pew pew

My wife is trying to weasel her way in. I told her she is not an amigo or a bro. I am now sleeping on the couch tonight

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Do they sell booze there??? Waller, my wife is going to put you in charge of me if there is... Lord knows I don't control my intake all the time. :lol

Do they sell booze there??? Waller, my wife is going to put you in charge of me if there is... Lord knows I don't control my intake all the time. :lol

Not in the convention center, but I'm sure there are plenty surrounding hotels and restaurants. :D

Back