Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is actually pretty funny.

Cute, but I'm sad to see he won't be at Celebration. He's always entertaining...

I thought they did? I remember spending the night in line with Tag. That was a good time. :lol
Yes, they had a simulcast, but no, they didn't delay the opening of the exhibit hall. I wasn't sure which part you were commenting on...

Who that is without a VIP pass is going to try to get into the JJ and Kathleen panel? I'm in, if that's happening.
I am gonna give a half-assed effort. 7am for me... Maybe 6am. That's my limit...

I am losing more and more interest every day. It could be that I am so busy right now and busy I am the rest of the month through first half of next month that the idea of being off for a couple days and being super busy the whole time is killing it.

I am losing more and more interest every day. It could be that I am so busy right now and busy I am the rest of the month through first half of next month that the idea of being off for a couple days and being super busy the whole time is killing it.

In other words, ditto. But only about the being busy part running around nonsense. I'm gonna relax and chill with my friends at C7! :D

They've got books. ;)

I'm mostly going to watch the others enjoy finding and maybe buying stuff.

Also...

Disney = Antichrist

Sad. :(

We’re just a week away from Celebration Anaheim. The shelves have been cleared. The drawers have been emptied. The last of the Ralph McQuarrie signed prints have been packed, the last few copies of our previous Art of Ralph McQuarrie books along with an ample supply of the new ARCHIVES books are on their way. Everything is going to Anaheim.

This will be the last Celebration for The Art of Ralph McQuarrie. It has been a joy to be able to bring Ralph’s work and spirit to the fans and to bring tales of fan affection and appreciation back to Ralph when he wasn’t able to attend the events. Ralph was the reason I worked these events. Ralph will always be a part of Star Wars and of Celebration, but for my part, Ralph was the driving force for me doing these shows and I miss him dearly. The new book, The Art of Ralph McQuarrie Archives is my final book on Ralph. I am working on a documentary about him that will be my final tribute to my friend. The official Ralph McQuarrie website will be back as a standing archives to this wonderful and beloved artist.

Celebration has always been a wonderful time. It was the opportunity to meet Ralph’s fans, see my friends, and enjoy the legacy that Ralph created in a small apartment back in 1975. I will continue to be an evangelist of Ralph and his work—work that will continues to inspire generations.

Finally, a big THANK YOU to everyone who has come to Celebration and supported Ralph: those of you who wrote notes and messages that were taken back for Ralph to read, those of you who told me stories of Ralph's influence on you chiildhood and for those of you bought Ralphs books and art prints and supported him. If you’re attending Celebration, please stop by Booth #524 and say Hello. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Stan Stice

Back