Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not buying anything!!!!! [emoji14]
LIAR! :thwak

That's all Disney. They love the pin trading. In honesty, it is fun to do in Disney.
They sure do. I bought a bunch of Star Wars and Muppets pins in the past, but I've backed off... There's just too many...

They do the pin trading at PAX as well. It's pretty popular.

It's a good way to meet new people?

The only pin I want is the Bossk pin. Though I'm surprised there isn't a VIP pin set.
I thought there was gonna be a VIP pin for sure!

They are actually backing off it a bit in the parks, you don't see EVERY cast member with pins to trade, only certain locations. There's an entire market on ebay where you can buy literal lots of knock-off and 2nd quality pins from China for pennies on the dollar. So a smart person with a few kids could buy 100 random pins for $40-50 and trade them in-park for more desirables.

For the hard-core collectors, they sponsor trading events where a person with a discerning eye would be able to pick out a bogus pin.
Oh noes! I bought a bunch on Ebay! I hope they aren't fakes...

Gotcha.

Saw this in a review which may be what made me hesitate.
No pictures = no sale, for me...

03d54d00660e2f86aa878403d6cda733.jpg
Dammit, now I want a bib! :lol

I'm so broke right now it's actually a good thing... Will buy pretty much nothing so I'll just enjoy the experience!! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Lucky you! I don't know how I'll find time to buy ****, and do everything I need to do! Thankfully I can line up before they open on most days...

I wonder what this will be.

Ralph McQuarrie ‏@RMcQArchives
Attending Star Wars Celebration? Check out 'Into the McQuarrie ARCHIVES' Thursday 4/16 at 1:15pm in the Collector's Social Area (210D)

It's clearly being made out to be a big deal. All the big rooms are going to broadcast it and the showroom doesn't open until 11:00. I really think they should've done this for George at CV.

It's clearly being made out to be a big deal. All the big rooms are going to broadcast it and the showroom doesn't open until 11:00. I really think they should've done this for George at CV.

I thought they did? I remember spending the night in line with Tag. That was a good time. :lol

I wonder what this will be.

Ralph McQuarrie ‏@RMcQArchives
Attending Star Wars Celebration? Check out 'Into the McQuarrie ARCHIVES' Thursday 4/16 at 1:15pm in the Collector's Social Area (210D)

They responded to my tweet.

McQ discoveries in the new book, including Cherry 2000, MOTU, James Bond!, and Kershner’s unfilmed remake of Forbidden Planet. And maybe some rarely and never before seen SW Art, just for fun... ;)

I think I'll be in bed. The Arena is big enough not to have to rush. Plus I'll be just happy enough to see it in another room if need be.

Back