Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Celebration VII - Anaheim, April 16-19, 2015 - Confirmed!

:panic:

I went last month at the hottest time of the year, and while I was there, I knew I could use your expertise to spot locations. Still had a fun time. Waller can attest to my frivolity at the Mos Eisley overlook...

:lol

Yeah, it'll be a blast. Also going to get some 501st and Rebel Legion folks involved so we can have costumed characters for amazing photos at the locations.

An R2 would be amazing, but for some reason I've not had much luck getting anyone (even myself) to agree to bring their heavy droid out into the desert, where it will get sand and dirt in every nook & cranny. :lol We might be able to get a "budget R2" out there somehow, though.

Oh, man, a Star Wars road trip would be awesome! :panic:

I wouldn't mind brining my R2, but I just know he won't be done by April 2015. I know me... Also, who knows where I'll be living by then.

But I totally agree. And Artoo should be out there. Maybe even a Threepio. You know? It is sandy, but not sandstorm sandy. It wasn't so bad out there actually, just desolate and hotter than I have ever experienced. I couldn't even stay out of the car. At the lowest point, I may have been out there five minutes.

April will be a lot nicer for your tour! :D

Oh, trust me... we have THE BEST 3P0 lined up for our tours. You've probably even seen him elsewhere, and he'll also be part of C7 officially. :) (No, it's not Anthony Daniels :lol )

944171_10153063131690107_1857244138_n.jpg

And, yeah, Badwater is brutal. Most likely the hottest place on the planet actually.

Last edited:

It's definitely the hottest place in the U.S. There are lower places in Asian deserts so they probably top our record. The day I was there though, it was 120 degrees at Furnace Creek, so who knows how many more degrees down at Badwater. They don't measure there, but the car was pinging on 130...

It's definitely the hottest place in the U.S. There are lower places in Asian deserts so they probably top our record. The day I was there though, it was 120 degrees at Furnace Creek, so who knows how many more degrees down at Badwater. They don't measure there, but the car was pinging on 130...

tumblr_mour67LNYB1rnq3y0o1_250.gif

Nice!! I would be interested on the tour Irish...
BTW, do you know where they actually filmed the Endor bike chase?
I was in San Francisco last month and went to the Muir Woods and the claim it was filmed there but I've read it was actually at the Redwood national park, do you know?

Nice!! I would be interested on the tour Irish...
BTW, do you know where they actually filmed the Endor bike chase?
I was in San Francisco last month and went to the Muir Woods and the claim it was filmed there but I've read it was actually at the Redwood national park, do you know?

Yeah, Muir Woods was only used for reference (thought that is an awesome place and the Freaks going to Rancho Obi-Wan in October should definitely visit Muir Woods as well!).

The actual sequence was indeed filmed in Redwoods NP, specifically near Orick, CA South of Crescent City.

Well, the 134 degrees recorded in Furnace Creek 100 years ago is now officially the hottest global temperature on record. God only knows what Badwater was that day. :horror:

Yeah, Muir Woods was only used for reference (thought that is an awesome place and the Freaks going to Rancho Obi-Wan in October should definitely visit Muir Woods as well!).

The actual sequence was indeed filmed in Redwoods NP, specifically near Orick, CA South of Crescent City.

I visited Muir Woods when I was there earlier this summer. No wonder nothing looked familiar. :lol

It's a long way away, but I've already started looking at surrounding hotels to see what's there.

I took this pic at Muir Woods back in 2002. It does look rather like an Ewok habitat:

2002-03-wq1-mw-27.jpg

It's definitely a cool place and I'm glad to have gone there. I've been to the Redwood National Forest before, but that was back in the 90s.

Are we going to Muir Woods in October?

I think you should. We could even stop at San Anselmo on the way, to visit the new park with the Yoda & Indy statues. And perhaps I can even take you guys to see Indy's house from RAIDERS. ;)

Are we going to Muir Woods in October?

I wouldn't mind going again, but only if we can go see the lighthouse from The Fog. :dance

I think you should. We could even stop at San Anselmo on the way, to visit the new park with the Yoda & Indy statues. And perhaps I can even take you guys to see Indy's house from RAIDERS. ;)

Are you coming, Carl? :panic:

Wait, you're coming. I did not know that it was set! :D

I wouldn't mind going again, but only if we can go see the lighthouse from The Fog. :dance

Oh sure, absolutely! :D

Just realized we won't be able to get a ride from my mom back to the airport this time, sitting in the back like a bunch of 40 year old kids, blubbering on and on about the Wars...

And then I got a sad. :(

Back