Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone's leaving the Hilton? :(

I'm staying at the Hilton. I've learned one thing about doing cons in costume: get the closest damned hotel you can get, because your spouse is going to be pissed when you keep wanting to go back and forth when you're tired.

So a question that some of you might not want to think about. How much money should one bring to this? and a rookie question should I bring cash to the event to buy art work, etc.?

Howe much to bring to the con or the whole vacation?

To the Con

I guess it all depends what you collect or buy. For most Cons or shows that I'll go to for a day, it's nothing for me to blow through $200-300. I'll probably bring around $1200-1500 for the 4 days but that will include meals, etc.

Alright thanks. Im def looking to buy some artwork there forsure.

Thankfully all exclusive items, including prints, are usually listed ahead of time so it's easier to figure out a budget. The same goes for autos.

I'm thinking about renting a car while I'm out there. I want to visit film sites.

it's nice to finally have a celebration back in Cali. I'm only 15 minutes south of the convention so this will be awesom! My whole family will be going too, the wifey and I are stoked. Maybe we'll have our own little padawan by then...i'll we'll probably go Thurs-Sat.

So a question that some of you might not want to think about. How much money should one bring to this? and a rookie question should I bring cash to the event to buy art work, etc.?

I guess it all depends what you collect or buy. For most Cons or shows that I'll go to for a day, it's nothing for me to blow through $200-300. I'll probably bring around $1200-1500 for the 4 days but that will include meals, etc.

Alright thanks. Im def looking to buy some artwork there forsure.

Artist's Alley takes credit cards (which unfortunately slows the line down). But many of the exhibitors would be cash only. So you should probably bring some cash, but you don't necessarily need to bring a ton. Of course, there are ATM's in case you don't bring enough. Even in Germany, I had cash that went unused since almost everywhere I went took credit cards.

Artist's Alley takes credit cards (which unfortunately slows the line down). But many of the exhibitors would be cash only. So you should probably bring some cash, but you don't necessarily need to bring a ton. Of course, there are ATM's in case you don't bring enough. Even in Germany, I had cash that went unused since almost everywhere I went took credit cards.
Alright, thanks for all the info guys!

Well it looks like I can't go to celebration Anaheim. Having problems with that Showclix site, got the run around when I never got a confirmation email and now I try to login and it says I haven't made an account with them. Even though I did and the way the have their website even if I wanted to you can't delete an account or use a different email. :-/

Last edited:
Back