Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them. Not outstanding, but I like them. I have pieces from different movies together, but there's just something about displaying Ledger Joker with another Batman other than Bale I just don't like, but to each his own. I'd have no issue with MOS Superman with Bale Bats instead of the inevitable Afleck.

Yea maybe it would be odd. I am pretty much just going to display my Batmans together...except comic bats who will stay with the trinity.

For me it's gonna be:
1989 Keaton next to Dark Knight Bale

Just next to this duo is gonna be MOS with (someday) Affleck's Batman. :clap

I have never owned a premium format figure before. Is this figure like a hot toys one with plastics and static, or more like a porcelain one that easily breaks?

PFs are usually made of polystone and originally were mixed media and lots of the time still are. but now just about anything SS produces at 1/4 scale they're calling "Premium Format." However it is a static statue/non-poseable. There are rare cases where SS will have certain parts poseable such as the new Vader PF's head is able to turn.

Yeah, I think they missed the initial hype train for sure.

Still will be picking this one up along with the TDK Joker though. Finally, they made a Batman and Joker that I like.

Hopefully they make a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman too. Hell, even a Anne Hathaway Catwoman would be better than the 2 versions of her they've released so far.

i think you guys forget that SS just got te DC license a few years ago (2011 I believe) well after TDK was already out. And they started the line the way they should've which were comic PFs.

i think you guys forget that SS just got te DC license a few years ago (2011 I believe) well after TDK was already out. And they started the line the way they should've which were comic PFs.

Not sure how fast HT guys do it... But they are able to announce PO when each movie is being released. Perfect timing for the hype.

Not sure how fast HT guys do it... But they are able to announce PO when each movie is being released. Perfect timing for the hype.

HT gets licenses for each individual movie as far as I'm aware. SS got the license for DC as a whole just like their Marvel license with the exception (at the time) that they couldn't do 1/6 Marvel figures (think Hasbro was holding onto those even though they weren't using it).

I could be wrong but also at the time of TDK, I believe the company that had the rights for statues and such was DC Direct (now DC Collectibles) who extended the license to HT and HT could only distribute through DC Direct for their TDK stuff.

Back