Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This hasn't sold-through for 2 reasons:

1) Edition Size on the Ex. is at least 200 too high

2) NRD (or at least the way it is set up now) is poop*

* I still say the NRD would work better if you only got charged the 10% when/if you cancel the item after a certain point, not automatically within 24 hrs of the pre-order. That is crap, especially when Sideshow's history of maintained quality from Prototype to Production is so spotty.

Well it's kinda annoying when all the pieces I'd like are sold out or all the pieces I want won't be out for a long time. I live in the present, here and now. I'd like to be able to go out and order something and have it within a few weeks, like almost everything... I think better planning and a different business model would help. Of course, all those pre-ordering 1000 PF's with no intent of buying all of them, but just to make sure they have a chance, seems to make it bad for everyone.

I think the current business model works great for collectors. Look at how many times SS or HT's has unveiled a product with a 6 to 8 month release date, got feedback from "us" their customers and were able to make changes. Now, let's say they release with announcement.....We're stuck with a less than desirable release product on several occasions. Also, not flooding the market and having PO's influence ES's helps to keep the hobby thriving. However, on this exclusive I think it is fair to say they over shot the ES by double.:slap

This hasn't sold-through for 2 reasons:

1) Edition Size on the Ex. is at least 200 too high

2) NRD (or at least the way it is set up now) is poop*

* I still say the NRD would work better if you only got charged the 10% when/if you cancel the item after a certain point, not automatically within 24 hrs of the pre-order. That is crap, especially when Sideshow's history of maintained quality from Prototype to Production is so spotty.

That wouldn't solve people ordering just to order. So the ES would still be high just because people know they can cancel up to a certain point before paying. This way if you want it you better want it. I'll take this method every day of the week and twice on Sunday if it means the ES are a bit more balanced, less items laying around (which is bad for lines), and I do believe it will be a part of SS only getting better.

I dunno. Keeping the ES low and nixing the NRD would still work wonders. Sure you'd have the people who order and inevitably cancel, but at a lower ES, that pretty much guarantees a Wait List conversion for someone who really wants it. Plus, the lower ES means flippers will hang onto it for ebay. While not the best result, it still almost guarantees a sell out.

Of course you could go back to the old system where the ES was announced and no NRD. They used to do that and the sheer amount of _____ing because people missed out was one of the reasons why they went to the TBD ES.

That wouldn't solve people ordering just to order. So the ES would still be high just because people know they can cancel up to a certain point before paying. This way if you want it you better want it. I'll take this method every day of the week and twice on Sunday if it means the ES are a bit more balanced, less items laying around (which is bad for lines), and I do believe it will be a part of SS only getting better.

Then just don't charge the 10% NRD unless the order is canceled. My problem is paying it automatically within the first 24 hours even if I have no intention of canceling.

The NRD and high ES are why awesome products like this do not sell out now.

Well, that and the dreaded economy.

Of course you could go back to the old system where the ES was announced and no NRD. They used to do that and the sheer amount of _____ing because people missed out was one of the reasons why they went to the TBD ES.

I would've dealt with the _____ing and actually welcomed it. So long as there's _____ing on that subject, you know, as a high-end collectibles company that produces limited edition items, you're doing something right.

Why does missing out on these make people want to ____? Doesn't seem very related to me. I do welcome a good ____ every now and again, and ____ing on a subject is really the only way to go, IMO.

Then just don't charge the 10% NRD unless the order is canceled. My problem is paying it automatically within the first 24 hours even if I have no intention of canceling.

Its a matter of semantics then. You won't cancel something that you're willing to pay the money on but you don't want to go ahead and pay 10% on something you aren't going to cancel. Same thing.

The NRD will help items sell out over the long term. They don't have to sell out in 12 hours to be a success.

Yeah, the great ole economy.

I would've dealt with the _____ing and actually welcomed it. So long as there's _____ing on that subject, you know, as a high-end collectibles company that produces limited edition items, you're doing something right.

I did back in the day but it gets old after a while. With the NRD people know the deal going in and it makes things better from what I've seen so far.

Maybe people just are not that into this piece?

I did back in the day but it gets old after a while. With the NRD people know the deal going in and it makes things better from what I've seen so far.

I don't see the NRD changing much. The ES's are still too high and they'll still have product sitting in the warehouse. While it kinda detours flippers, it really ____s us into putting down a deposit on something that may not even come close to the prototype. That's my biggest issue with the NRD and Sideshow's policy will only allow you to cancel once like that from what Chicky says. They should have a "production piece satisfaction guaranteed with NRD" clause.

I don't see the NRD changing much. The ES's are still too high and they'll still have product sitting in the warehouse. While it kinda detours flippers, it really ____s us into putting down a deposit on something that may not even come close to the prototype. That's my biggest issue with the NRD and Sideshow's policy will only allow you to cancel once like that from what Chicky says. They should have a "production piece satisfaction guaranteed with NRD" clause.

What ES are too high? I haven't seen a single piece I thought was just way too high. I guess while it not being my favorite thing I don't mind cause if its something I really want I'm gonna get it.

I'm still gunz blazing on this, I love it!

209_the-rock-smiling.gif

Back