Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it was a year and a half, if not two years ago. Just didn't want to go over board with my guess.

I wanna say Sideshow confirmed the visored CC and a V1 Snake Eyes in the same Q&A.

displayimage.php

But in fairness, there is one missing factor here. If Hawk had an NRD, I would bet that a huge chunk of those that pre-ordered wouldn't have. Now, like with several other Ex. Joe figures (such as Flint) that sold out, I bet it will be available in-stock at some point. Part of that is SS's whole "Second Chance!" gimmick, but the lack of NRD and no-cost cancellation policy are gonna contribute to that, as well.

By the way, I'm not disagreeing with your argument that the 1/6th figures are better sellers.

If the CC PF had no NRD it would have sold out in a few hours . . .

Yeah, most likely. Its listed as Q3 right now and thats July-Sept so you've got another whole quarter to go. So thats any where from July-Dec. Most things while they look pushed back are still arriving in the quarter they are advertised in but hit at the end of it.

Yeah, most likely. Its listed as Q3 right now and thats July-Sept so you've got another whole quarter to go. So thats any where from July-Dec. Most things while they look pushed back are still arriving in the quarter they are advertised in but hit at the end of it.

I wonder...if they reduced the quantity and had them ready to ship at the date they go up for order, if that would help sells. Seems like a lot of lost time and people waiting. They could have an initial offering of say 100 and as they sale out or sale well, they could increase, but have a guaranteed cap of 500-1000 to keep the pieces having their value...

I wonder...if they reduced the quantity and had them ready to ship at the date they go up for order, if that would help sells. Seems like a lot of lost time and people waiting. They could have an initial offering of say 100 and as they sale out or sale well, they could increase, but have a guaranteed cap of 500-1000 to keep the pieces having their value...

I doubt that'd improve much at all. They'd likely sit just the same, if not longer. I'd wager a good chunk of people have stuff coming monthly as is with a large chunk on preorder. Forcing a product out soon would not only compromise QC but also force people to either pass, or cancel something else to buy it. And either way, Sideshow still has product sitting in the warehouse. Though, I fully agree that keeping the ESs reigned in would do wonders in helping potential sellouts as well as helping the collectibles keep their value.

Ya know it might help some but honestly allowing people to make sure they have funds together is better. I hate waiting its the worst part but over the years I wouldn't have been able to get 99% of what I've had.

Seems like the cost of going back to the factory for additional runs would be very high, since you would have to re-order supplies for each subsequent run based on demand, you lose out on up-front savings from suppliers that you would likely receive from buying everything in bulk up-front, factory resources that could be used for other products would have to be kept on hold until you knew that the run was completely finished, etc. Plus, collectors who care about edition size would be miffed when additional runs were announced, and Sideshow (unlike, say, Mattel) has to cater a bit to those since I suspect they make up a sizable chunk of their collecting base.

Well there seems to be pros and cons for both ideas. I just don't see why they lock people in (especially with NRD's) so soon, when the product is half a year or more away. When I mentioned additional runs, I meant to imply there would be a cap...like 500 for ex and 1000 for reg. That way if a line wasn't selling well, they wouldn't have a bunch sitting around, basically de-valuing what someone already has.

Well there seems to be pros and cons for both ideas. I just don't see why they lock people in (especially with NRD's) so soon, when the product is half a year or more away. When I mentioned additional runs, I meant to imply there would be a cap...like 500 for ex and 1000 for reg. That way if a line wasn't selling well, they wouldn't have a bunch sitting around, basically de-valuing what someone already has.

Because charging an NRD means they still get to blame customers for the excessive ES's and full warehouse. :p

Back