Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's kinda annoying when all the pieces I'd like are sold out or all the pieces I want won't be out for a long time. I live in the present, here and now. I'd like to be able to go out and order something and have it within a few weeks, like almost everything... I think better planning and a different business model would help. Of course, all those pre-ordering 1000 PF's with no intent of buying all of them, but just to make sure they have a chance, seems to make it bad for everyone.

Well, Sideshow's got a business model that, based on what I've seen, makes sense for what they produce and who they target. They aren't Mattel or Hasbro, who have the capacity and market that allows them to work without individual customer pre-orders and to ultimately produce extra product to meet demand. The cost associated with changing their behavior in the way you suggest might be appreciated by a few collectors. But most collectors of their stuff probably won't care much either way since they are fine with the status quo, and the trade-off is that Sideshow will experience much higher costs and risk. . .meaning items would probably cost more. . .meaning less customers in the long run. . .

Well it's kinda annoying when all the pieces I'd like are sold out or all the pieces I want won't be out for a long time. I live in the present, here and now. I'd like to be able to go out and order something and have it within a few weeks, like almost everything... I think better planning and a different business model would help. Of course, all those pre-ordering 1000 PF's with no intent of buying all of them, but just to make sure they have a chance, seems to make it bad for everyone.

I hate waiting but it just takes a little patience to get these great items. Its not that big a deal to wait and if you can't at all then maybe this isn't for you (general use). As far as the NRD go those will in the end do nothing but help folks who "actually" want the items by cutting down some of the order whatever folks. Plus Sideshow seems to be announcing the ES on items that have an NRD and they've all been fairly low.

Catch up on any old stuff that you may of missed from SSC.

Yeah, but I don't want to spend money on old stuff when the old stuff available isn't what I want and it would take away money for the new stuff, CC, included.

Nah, probably not that long. :lol I wouldn't be shocked if it took 8-10 months. For what this could look like though I have no doubts it will be worth it.

time or money? Money, I have to question how any hobby is worth 1,000 or more unless someone bought it cheaper and it went up or it's a work of fine art. ;)

time or money? Money, I have to question how any hobby is worth 1,000 or more unless someone bought it cheaper and it went up or it's a work of fine art. ;)

Both. As long as the person buying it feels the item was worth the time and the money they spent.

There's gotta be something out there out of all the collectibles that you would enjoy. :lecture

Well, honestly, the Wolverine PF EX, the Boba Fett PF, the Vader PF, a "true" Han Solo PF...there's not a lot of big ones that are available or affordable...

Back