Cobra Throne Announced!--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5ecq6x.jpg

some joe fan you are:rolleyes:
j/k :peace
the figure does have a light brown, I always thought it was a reddish color, but maybe it is just the lighting.

2repevb.jpg

But the costume is definitely the same as the cover with some minor upgrades.

I didn't always agree with ddp, but it was a good read for me, I have been following Joe since the Marvel run, and continue to do so with IDW.

Oh and that issue was actually Image, not ddp.

5ecq6x.jpg

some joe fan you are:rolleyes:
j/k :peace
the figure does have a light brown, I always thought it was a reddish color, but maybe it is just the lighting.

But the costume is definitely the same as the cover with some minor upgrades.

I didn't always agree with ddp, but it was a good read for me, I have been following Joe since the Marvel run, and continue to do so with IDW.

Oh and that issue was actually Image, not ddp.

THIS is cover girl! And she's a brunette.
covergirl_large.jpg
covergirl_back.jpg

and:
GI Joe the Real American Hero Volume 2 continues the storyline but starting in 2001. Originally published through Image Comics then switching to Devil's Due Publishing. The series ended in 2005 after 43 issues.
https://www.yojoe.com/comics/index.shtml#image

Same crap... different toilet. Some Joe fan you are. :lol:p

How the ____ should I know who's who with the DDP crap?! :dunno

They took creative license with virtually everything including introducing the fact that Zartan isn't really Zartan, but some schmuck who took over the Dreadnoks for Zartan. Besides, when exactly did Cover Girl get red hair?

WTF? No wonder that company is almost done for.

THIS is cover girl! And she's a brunette.
covergirl_large.jpg
covergirl_back.jpg

and:

https://www.yojoe.com/comics/index.shtml#image

Same crap... different toilet. Some Joe fan you are. :lol:p

Yup, she is not a red head.

The file card shows different, everyone should know the colors on the figures aren't always accurate, should I say SS costume is yellow because of a few thousand or so that changed, no.
mshugo.jpg

e0h092.jpg

there is a pretty fine line between the hair color, the filecard shows more of a strawberry blonde or part of the "ginger" species. The original figure which I think is more lighting and fading is a light brown, but then the new pic which is on the same page on yojoe.com shows her hair a bit more reddish.
Then of course the figure and the comic pic is both light brown/auburn and red/orange.

Be what you "think" it is nothing goes through without HAsbro's say so, and they obviously had her as a redhead, now the movie....well let's just not include the movie when talking about ARAH.

Image was to issue 25, then ddp took over and finished that series and continued with America's elite, 50+ issues for them. I do not believe it was garbage, it had alot of fun and interesting stories much like how the Marvel run was, and America's Elite was pretty damn good.

2s61qwn.jpg

ae05s2.jpg

zkjuzb.jpg

Wik:
In her appearances following the five episodes of the first G.I. Joe mini-series, Cover Girl's long, blond hair was suddenly short and brownish-red (resembling Scarlett's in color and style, albeit without a ponytail). Her eye color even changed (she now had brown eyes), and she wore a mostly beige uniform with a brown leather jacket. Her personality had changed as well stressing a more tomboy attitude.

In the animated series, Cover Girl was voiced by Liz Aubrey.

Cover Girl also appears in the animated series, G.I. Joe: Resolute, again as a redhead. In the IDW comic series, G.I. Joe, a new Cover Girl debuts in issue #7. In this series, she again has long, blond hair.

So apparantly she can be brownish-red, red, and Blonde.

You're going to awful lengths to justify being a DDP nut. Regardless of what you say...

1) The figure is always accurate - as that is the main source! When all else fails, go to Hasbro.
2) she has long red hair on the cover of that comic and with as much as DDP bastardized the series, a Scarlett comparison is inevitable.
3) DDP sucks elephant sphincter. :lol

very boring get up on the original figure IMO. I don;t expect others to feel the same, but for me to buy Cover Girl they would have to come closer to that updated version...again, I don't expect hard core Joe fans to agree.

You're going to awful lengths to justify being a DDP nut. Regardless of what you say...

1) The figure is always accurate - as that is the main source! When all else fails, go to Hasbro.
2) she has long red hair on the cover of that comic and with as much as DDP bastardized the series, a Scarlett comparison is inevitable.
3) DDP sucks elephant sphincter. :lol

wow man, mature :rolleyes:

I am a G.I. Joe comic nut, so yes that does include ddp, and image which is the original company I referenced, I have them all. The only comic I still collect, and I had at least 30 titles I was buying at one time.

Well the figure is part of the main source, but I would have to agree more with the file card then, as that was more accurate then a company in china putting the wrong shade of red on thousands of pieces of plastic.

I have no doubt there is a comparison with Scarlett, but any real Joe fan should know that that is not Scarlett, they might not know who Covergirl is, but they would know who Scarlett is.

very boring get up on the original figure IMO. I don;t expect others to feel the same, but for me to buy Cover Girl they would have to come closer to that updated version...again, I don't expect hard core Joe fans to agree.

agreed, I am a hardcore fan, and I like the updated version MUCH better, and it isn't like it is so different just a few things here and there.

wow man, mature :rolleyes:

I am a G.I. Joe comic nut, so yes that does include ddp, and image which is the original company I referenced, I have them all. The only comic I still collect, and I had at least 30 titles I was buying at one time.

Well the figure is part of the main source, but I would have to agree more with the file card then, as that was more accurate then a company in china putting the wrong shade of red on thousands of pieces of plastic.

I have no doubt there is a comparison with Scarlett, but any real Joe fan should know that that is not Scarlett, they might not know who Covergirl is, but they would know who Scarlett is.

DDP Scarlett:

scarlettwave1l.jpg

So I'd say even your precious DDP relies on Joe fans thinking Scarlett has long red hair. Easy to make the jump from here to thinking that was Scarlett on the cover because the artist and colorist gave Cover Girl, what? Long red hair. All one has to do is look at the Forge wannabe (Spirit) and see how far they took creative licensing in character redesign. This is why, what I'll call, hardcore Joe fans dismiss the DDP stuff as fanboy garbage.

ummm shall I mention Ninja Force??? Star Brigade??

Zartan with a mohawk...or do we get to forget THAT part of Marvel.

I see ddp, as I see image as I see idw, as I see the Joe movie, as I see Resolute, as I see the original cartoon, as ALL part of G.I. Joe's universe. Just like there have been and still are many different takes on spidey, Batman etc. Hate it or love it, it is there, and I respect that, and that is why for the most part I enjoy all of it.

WHo the hell is Hanibal??

We will never see a Cover Girl figure, Id bet on it

Yeah probably not I was just originally mentioning I would like one as a wish list kind of thing, but it has gotten off track...obviously.

I don't know if I remember correctly but I think Hannibal was part of 8 or 9? clones of Serpentor, he was the first one.

And if that sounds silly, remember Serpentor was a clone of a bunch of dead historical characters. So yeah...:D

We forget that part of Marvel/Hasbro and most importantly, never bring it up again. Duh. :lol

yeah, but it is there.

I don't agree with alot of what Image and DDP did, but it was just another take, I don't agree with killing off Lady Jaye, but it made Flint into practically the Punisher, nothing to live for, no fear.

If anything ALOT of the designs on the costumes were pretty good updates, I don't remember seeing THAT Scarlett in the books, so I don't know what to say about it, not a fan of the neon era.

Back