Cobra Throne Announced!--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...lol...i think most guys here appreciate the boobies more than what a character means to the franchise. case in point darth talon. what does she mean to the franchise? if they sex up lady jaye enough she'll sell for sure, but not because of what her character means...:)

Side note, what Marion meant to Indiana Jones didn't count for much, or what Galadriel meant to LOTR, etc.

Neither Marion nor Galadriel kicked as much ass as Scarlett or Baroness. Scarlett's relationship with SE and then with Duke added depth to the storyline and made the Joe story seem more grounded than the cartoon (and 90% of the other comics of that time). As for the Baroness, it's always good to see a gold digging, manipulative broad who's not afraid to use her assets :)naughty) to play two powerful men against each other while wielding dual Calicos and kicking serious ass. They were always more than just arm candy or minor plot points.

The only female figure I could see myself possibly buying is Baroness, but, it would have to be a really awesome figure.

Im very iffy about buying female figures.......it just seems wrong for a grown man.

The only female figure I could see myself possibly buying is Baroness, but, it would have to be a really awesome figure.

Im very iffy about buying female figures.......it just seems wrong for a grown man.

To each their own I guess. I never had any problems buying the Leias, Aayla, The Bride, Subject 1025s (all 4 of them :duh), or any of the Buffy broads. Also bought the HT Secret Service female and Machiko. But then, I just see them as toys, same way I see all the other figures.

It's no different than getting any other G.I.JOE.

To each their own I guess. I never had any problems buying the Leias, Aayla, The Bride, Subject 1025s (all 4 of them :duh), or any of the Buffy broads. Also bought the HT Secret Service female and Machiko. But then, I just see them as toys, same way I see all the other figures.

I thought the Machiko figure was cool and the Bride is the Bride! So I have no qualms with that.

yeah I don't have any "This is a doll" hang ups on the female figures.

Well I just started collecting 1/6 figure last year with Snake Eyes! And that was a big enough step at the time, buying a proper " Doll" figure. I since have all the Joes but, I don't think I'm ready to buy female figures yet....Maybe next year :D
It's no different than getting any other G.I.JOE.

Except they're female.... I just think that if people go in to my room and see a TDK figure..its like cool! but if people see female dolls, even ones as cool as the Baroness its likeoh....ok..(non-chalent whistling).:eek:

Except they're female.... I just think that if people go in to my room and see a TDK figure..its like cool! but if people see female dolls, even ones as cool as the Baroness its likeoh....ok..(non-chalent whistling).:eek:

If that ever happens, I strongly suggest you do the ol' "Evilface's laughing wife" counter. ;)

Seriously though, who gives a ____ what your friends think? You spend too much time worrying about pleasing everyone, you're never gonna be happy. Just collect what looks cool to you. The only reason they'd laugh is because they're closet faeries not comfortable enough with themselves to appreciate something like that.

If you let what other people think totally influence your decisions, your going to miss out on a lot of cool stuff.

Entirely different. The 25th Anny while paying homage to the 80's RAH was still geared primarily toward kids. Sideshow's line isn't. It's more geared toward adult collectors who can actually appreciate the roles these women played in the franchise.

I'd hope you are right cause I wouldn't mind if Sideshow released Covergirl and Jinx.

Cover Girl would be easy to do. And SS could offer both a brown short hair and a long blonde hair sculpts.

I want a covergirl like this one:
2i1petd.jpg

Females are a must in the Joe line.

Scarlet has a more recognizeable costume, not a jacket tight pants and shirt. Guess people got too used to how she was in the movie??

I guess there can only be one red head per license??

Yeah I always hated that costume on Spirit.

Scarlet has a more recognizeable costume, not a jacket tight pants and shirt. Guess people got too used to how she was in the movie??

I guess there can only be one red head per license??

Yeah I always hated that costume on Spirit.

How the ____ should I know who's who with the DDP crap?! :dunno

They took creative license with virtually everything including introducing the fact that Zartan isn't really Zartan, but some schmuck who took over the Dreadnoks for Zartan. Besides, when exactly did Cover Girl get red hair?

Back