Cobra Throne Announced!--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main thing is there are lots of companies out there making military figures and equipment. But Sideshow is the only one making GIJoe: A Real American Hero figures.

Those that are worried can simply have their local comic book shop order them. Most have a link to Sideshow and you're more likely to nab these at a retailer discount (usually like 10%) and save on shipping.

Remember also that there are a few vendors out there who ship for free too. So you will receive the 10% vendor discount and possibly free shipping (that's how I'm going to order mine). :D

Also I have serious doubts about the females in this line. I imagine most collectors are in it for the Male figures. I know I am, but that could change.

I have no doubts Baroness and Scarlett will be successful releases. The other female figures I have doubts based on the character designs (covergirl and lady jaye seem pretty bland)...but if this line goes 20 or 30 figures deep I'd be happy with just those 2 female figures.

If the line goes for 8 years and we have 50 figures, then probably I'd want more female characters...

I have no doubts Baroness and Scarlett will be successful releases. The other female figures I have doubts based on the character designs (covergirl and lady jaye seem pretty bland)...but if this line goes 20 or 30 figures deep I'd be happy with just those 2 female figures.

If the line goes for 8 years and we have 50 figures, then probably I'd want more female characters...

I'm gladly looking forward to Baroness and Scarlett to be released in this line. I have no problem at all with the key female characters in the Joe license to be released.

Also I have serious doubts about the females in this line. I imagine most collectors are in it for the Male figures. I know I am, but that could change.

One reason I'm sold on this line is that I know they will make female figures for it.

Get to the point with as few words as possible. No one read novels. I skip most of maulfans posts because of far too many words. :lol

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Too true! :lol

With Flint PPOing on Friday, Lady Jaye will be a must. I also think Zarana would sell fairly well too. I can see Sideshow going all out with her javelins as well as kitting her out with an SMG of sorts. My only concern would be how they handle the head. Sculpted hat? Or removable?

Flint goes up with the newsletter on Thursday night.

Lady Jaye I'm sure will be made and Zarana would be nice as well. I'm sure Jinx is a lock too, but I remember her being a peg warmer back in the day. Musta been the matching red ninja suit and nail polish lol.

Flint goes up with the newsletter on Thursday night.

Lady Jaye I'm sure will be made and Zarana would be nice as well. I'm sure Jinx is a lock too, but I remember her being a peg warmer back in the day. Musta been the matching red ninja suit and nail polish lol.

I forgot about Jinx. But being a ninja, she'd be an easy sale too, especially if SS is smart and keeps the ES lower since people like Prog don't like having figures with boobies in their collection. :p

I don't mind the boobies, its just that I don't buy stuff BECAUSE of the boobies. :lol I moved past collecting "Benchwarmers" cards when I was like 13.

The broads are just as crucial to Joe as the dudes man. :lol

:confused: Maybe I said as much by saying I don't need Lady Jaye or Covergirl...but I didn't intend to say they weren't important. I'm just saying both of their designs don't implore me to buy them as much as most Joes do (including Baroness and Scarlett who are musts). Them being chicks don't really play a role in me wanting or not wanting to collect them as much as how cool their outfits are.

:confused: Maybe I said as much by saying I don't need Lady Jaye or Covergirl...but I didn't intend to say they weren't important. I'm just saying both of their designs don't implore me to buy them as much as most Joes do (including Baroness and Scarlett who are musts). Them being chicks don't really play a role in me wanting or not wanting to collect them as much as how cool their outfits are.

You won't buy figures for boobies, but you'll buy them for bustiers? I had a feeling you were freaky. :lol:p

Yeah Scarlett is a must for me but if she was the only female released I'd live with that, even a little more would be better. Although I can assume if the 25th had trouble selling more females outside of Scarlett, Baroness and Lady Jaye then I don't think they'll be any more with Sideshow.

Yeah Scarlett is a must for me but if she was the only female released I'd live with that, even a little more would be better. Although I can assume if the 25th had trouble selling more females outside of Scarlett, Baroness and Lady Jaye then I don't think they'll be any more with Sideshow.

Entirely different. The 25th Anny while paying homage to the 80's RAH was still geared primarily toward kids. Sideshow's line isn't. It's more geared toward adult collectors who can actually appreciate the roles these women played in the franchise.

...lol...i think most guys here appreciate the boobies more than what a character means to the franchise. case in point darth talon. what does she mean to the franchise? if they sex up lady jaye enough she'll sell for sure, but not because of what her character means...:)

Side note, what Marion meant to Indiana Jones didn't count for much, or what Galadriel meant to LOTR, etc.

Back