Cobra Trooper is up! Use this link!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See the quote under his avatar. :D

LOL :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Here's a couple of quick pics

img0372ia.jpg

img0373s.jpg

img0374c.jpg

This figure is SO hardcore it's already seen some action!! check it out the package came complete with a freakin bullet hole!

img0375o.jpg

Mine will be here tomorrow. I'll be sure to post pics at least.

-flanking Cobra Commander
-jumping over the stone wall
-scarface head
-getting killed by Snake Eyes

These guys will be fun!

just take him out of the box for a few minutes, take some pics, and then put him back. no one will ever know. its not like there is tape or twisties holding him in.

ps. if hell ever freezes over, and i need to sell my snake eyes, i'm gonna lie and say he's never been out of the box.:lol

Damn it...I have to get this. If only I didn't use my funds to finish my GL Corps.

None of the above. Truth be told I just don't have anywhere to put them right now, that's all. I also don't want to lose accessories so I leave them boxed for now. I'm waiting for the day when I get to open up all my stuff and display it. 99% of my collection is boxed up right now. :monkey2

LAME!!! :monkey4

I'm gonna call you Skiman Jr.! :lol

Why can't he be incurable collector jr?

Last edited:
None of the above. Truth be told I just don't have anywhere to put them right now, that's all. I also don't want to lose accessories so I leave them boxed for now. I'm waiting for the day when I get to open up all my stuff and display it. 99% of my collection is boxed up right now. :monkey2

Why can't he be incurable collector jr?

I'd open it up anyway, make sure your figures don't have two left feet, the outfit's sewn incorrectly, broken joints, etc. You can't return stuff years down the line if you eventually open them up and find them broken or assembled wrong, etc...

They arrived! They've got a ton of gear! 9 Magazines for the machine gun, 2 grenade for the grenade launchers, a pistol, knife/bayonet, and their uniforms! :google

Here are my pics as promised.

Flanking Cobra Commander speaking

dsc01302c.jpg

Flanking Cobra Commander

dsc01303ey.jpg

Flanking Crimson Cobra Commander

dsc01304.jpg

Fighting Snake Eyes

dsc01305b.jpg

Jumping the Stone Wall

dsc01308e.jpg

Close up of face

dsc01306au.jpg

Close up of "Scarface"

dsc01307eo.jpg

The Scarface head is from the Hot Toys Jack Krauser, it is NOT included with the regular figure. As you can see, the fit isn't perfect, but I think it is close enough to work. It certainly gives him a bit more character and prevents the troopers from looking like Clones. Although with only a fraction of their face visable, that shouldn't be a problem for most people. Although it seems you have to have Blue Eyes to work for Cobra.

Who the hell keeps a 1/6 figure boxed????

I do also!

two of each, although one of each I will probably sell down the road when these are impossible to find anymore.

Same as 3 3/4" I tried doing all MOC and some loose, but I didn't do anything with them, I am not a diorama guy or like dealing with the dust or constant falling of loose figs so I sold them, and still like the MOC just as much as when I got them

I have actually had this "debate" on Joe forums before, and I come down on the side of saying that yes, collecting a boxed, unopened toy is pretty absurd. There are people out there who collect mint, vintage comics who will never read them, and that is equally ridiculous. As is collecting unopened video games or cans of food. You aren't using the product inside, so it seems to defy the real logic of owning something.

However, people get utility out of simply owning something, and some are more anal about this than others, to the point of refusing to tamper with something in order to keep it in its "original" state. Further, the OCD-component of collecting makes some people buy stuff just because they must own it, even if they never see the thing. These people may not care if it is opened or not, but are driven to acquire something, and once it is acquired, they may not care about the thing again at all.

In this sense, this collecting is no less ridiculous than an adult collecting an opened toy that they are just going to display. There is utility in looking at something and posing it from time to time. Perhaps some get enjoyment out of actually playing with the things as if they were children. Whatever the case, there is a drive, and the owning, displaying, or playing with these things fulfills this drive. So long as it is not based in a real need for food, shelter, sex, survival, etc., the drive is irrelevant. It is a vestige of the modern world, and is silly in its own way. Collecting is a ridiculous thing, and one person doing so in a stranger way than others doesn't mean that these others are normal.

Good lord, 1 post away from 3,000 :google

I have actually had this "debate" on Joe forums before, and I come down on the side of saying that yes, collecting a boxed, unopened toy is pretty absurd. There are people out there who collect mint, vintage comics who will never read them, and that is equally ridiculous. As is collecting unopened video games or cans of food. You aren't using the product inside, so it seems to defy the real logic of owning something.

However, people get utility out of simply owning something, and some are more anal about this than others, to the point of refusing to tamper with something in order to keep it in its "original" state. Further, the OCD-component of collecting makes some people buy stuff just because they must own it, even if they never see the thing. These people may not care if it is opened or not, but are driven to acquire something, and once it is acquired, they may not care about the thing again at all.

In this sense, this collecting is no less ridiculous than an adult collecting an opened toy that they are just going to display. There is utility in looking at something and posing it from time to time. Perhaps some get enjoyment out of actually playing with the things as if they were children. Whatever the case, there is a drive, and the owning, displaying, or playing with these things fulfills this drive. So long as it is not based in a real need for food, shelter, sex, survival, etc., the drive is irrelevant. It is a vestige of the modern world, and is silly in its own way. Collecting is a ridiculous thing, and one person doing so in a stranger way than others doesn't mean that these others are normal.

Good lord, 1 post away from 3,000 :google

I don't get it either. But I'd really love to sell a "Premium Format" to one of those guys with the box just full of rocks for weight. They'll either never know the difference or just find out when they try to sell it someone else years later :lol

That reason alone should be reason enough for someone to at least crack the box open and check they got what they paid for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back