Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if its not in your name you cant pick it up.. but if u just use someone elses badge that you have in hand theyre not matching badges and IDs at the con entrance as you know..

if its not in your name you cant pick it up.. but if u just use someone elses badge that you have in hand theyre not matching badges and IDs at the con entrance as you know..

That's the problem, this person won't be there to pick up the badge, so I'm just wondering if there is anyway to do it.

That's the problem, this person won't be there to pick up the badge, so I'm just wondering if there is anyway to do it.

I'm pretty sure folks are unable to transfer badges to other people (it's been stated as such on their website for a few years now under - FAQs).

Your only way around it is if the person no longer going can still pick up the badge in person and hand it off to you.

Also, I do know of a few people in which IDs were asked for while they were walking the con last year and of those folks one badge was taken away (this was due to them wearing a badge with a female name on it and they were male). So checks did happen last year randomly and if someones badge looked suspicious (eg: male walking with a badge that has a more female centric name on it). Don't now if that will happen this coming year though.

I had no luck getting in to get tickets when the general pop went up, so I'm stuck with Thur and Sun for now... but I have an opportunity to buy someone else's 4 Day + Preview badge because they aren't going to be able to go now. I know that in the last few years, they check your ID when picking up badges, but I've also seen where people have bought other's badges and used them. So, does anyone know how to pickup and use a badge if it isn't in your name? I will only purchase if I know this will work obviously. Thanks for any help.

i got an extra badge last year for my friend. they couldnt pick it up themselves so after i got my badge i asked them if there is any way i could get my friends badge. they were nice enough to print out my friends badge and hand it to me. so maybe you could get your badges, make up a story for the 4-day badge guy, get that badge and sell the other badges.

I had no luck getting in to get tickets when the general pop went up, so I'm stuck with Thur and Sun for now... but I have an opportunity to buy someone else's 4 Day + Preview badge because they aren't going to be able to go now.

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge as well, the actual person has to pick up that badge, so if they are not from the area, it's likely they just have to cancel and get a refund. Like Alex mentions, these badges have become non-transferrable...

So checks did happen last year randomly and if someones badge looked suspicious (eg: male walking with a badge that has a more female centric name on it). Don't now if that will happen this coming year though.

That's funny, because this is what I had to do the last time I attended. I shared my buddy's girlfriend's badge with her. She went Thursday, Friday, and I went the last two days. Just once one of the door people looked at me kind of funny, but I just shuffled along with the crowd and didn't make eye contact. Which was my M.O. the entire weekend when entering the con floor. It was nerve wracking because her name is Crystal and I'm obviously not a Crystal...

But it worked out for me, because she picked up her own badge.

And it worked out for me, because I finally got to meet Lonnie! :yess:

Surprisingly my first year was probably my favorite. However the first year we were a little afraid of the floor so we didn't do that as much but after that first year the floor is a little less intimidating and more fun.

My first year was a blast. Sideshow treated me like such a VIP it helped makes it one of the best years ever. I will say I had as much fun last year being a part of TORn and helping out as a staffer for the group. It was also nice to see Middle-earth being a larger part of the Con once again.

My first year was a blast. Sideshow treated me like such a VIP it helped makes it one of the best years ever. I will say I had as much fun last year being a part of TORn and helping out as a staffer for the group. It was also nice to see Middle-earth being a larger part of the Con once again.

It would definitely be fun to go as a staff of some group one year.

It would definitely be fun to go as a staff of some group one year.

It does add a fun element. It also makes for a lot of hard work and fun work. What I did was only very minor compared to other staffers who really worked the show so much more than I did.

I really, really hope I can score a badge when they sell the cancelled ones... :pray:
I got screwed by their crappy system, and this would've been my 5th year in a row...
I'll be in there... somehow...

I really, really hope I can score a badge when they sell the cancelled ones... :pray:
I got screwed by their crappy system, and this would've been my 5th year in a row...
I'll be in there... somehow...

You weren't able to get one when the sold them back in August for previous attendees? I didn't hear of too many people having problems with it. In any event, that sucks.

I just entered Sideshow's contest to win passes to ComicCon this year. God, I would **** my pants if I won. I've never gone, but want to sooooo bad.

Back