Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read this thread from the beginning, and still have no idea how to get a ticket in the first place. It just seems needlessly confusing.

It's become completely insane and a crazy ordeal to get a ticket the last couple years. you need like 3 usernames, no joke. It's almost impossible unless you do it right and receive the emails that tell you exactly when the sales occur. Otherwise, they are gone by the time you realize it has started.

Ah well. I have a feeling i'd feel underwelmed if I go. I'll just stick with the online coverage.

It's a pretty damn awesome event. If you're really into this stuff then I don't think you would be but I wouldn't be shocked either if you came away underwhelmed.

Ah Comic-Con, I wonder if you will ever perfect your ticketing method...

Probably not. :lol

One simply cannot be underwhelmed by SDCC. :lecture

Now, disenfranchised? That's another story. And it's how I feel at this point. The event has grown beyond the capabilities of its promoters, and is no longer fun for me. I am, however, going to Wondercon. I'll stick to the smaller events that aren't overcrowded with looky loos...

It's a pretty damn awesome event. If you're really into this stuff then I don't think you would be but I wouldn't be shocked either if you came away underwhelmed.

WHY ARE TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD. :lol OF course i'd love it. I'd probably have a permeant smile on my face through the whole trip. But alas....I'll never be able to get a ticket. Ever.

Seems way too complicated.

The ticketing process is more like a precursor in how to handle the event itself.

From what I gathered, I had to have gone the year before...make 30 accounts...and uh....find out the date to order the tickets...And then suck something?...and uh...have sex with a sweaty Pikachu cosplayer?

Is that everything?

what you have to do is create a member ID. you can do that now at the comiccon site. you need a member ID to obtain a badge. I only have one account and ive gone 10 years in a row. from there you will get all the information you need to have access to the cluster**** for badges next year.

Thank you Bodie. very much. I mean it. That made more sense then everything else i've read. I'll try and give it whirl next year.

The con is a bit crazy, but I think your second year on gets much better. Not that you won't enjoy your first visit, if you can even get tickets, but you are going to be overwhelmed by everything the first time around. This year will be my 5th time attending SDCC and I really love visiting San Diego. The city has a lot to offer so make sure you get out and enjoy the events outside the convention center.

The con is a bit crazy, but I think your second year on gets much better. Not that you won't enjoy your first visit, if you can even get tickets, but you are going to be overwhelmed by everything the first time around. This year will be my 5th time attending SDCC and I really love visiting San Diego. The city has a lot to offer so make sure you get out and enjoy the events outside the convention center.

Surprisingly my first year was probably my favorite. However the first year we were a little afraid of the floor so we didn't do that as much but after that first year the floor is a little less intimidating and more fun.

Very true Zodach...my thing is the more I go, the more I see the changes in attitude from the attendees, the staff and the experience. This will be my 10th year and the attendees are getting more and more crazy (good and bad), the Staff are getting more and more meaner and my experience is not as fun as it used to be. I still go since Im a fan of the comic genre and of course Sideshow's work.

San Diego is an awesome city as well...and they do bend over backwards for us comic con fans.

Back