Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've clearly never pre-ordered from Mattel :lol All you do is guarantee your items. You'll still wait in a 2+ hour line as they fumble through the pick ups :slap

I've been pre-ordering from Mattel each year. I've never waited more than 30 minutes in line...

damn, you must of ordered waaaay more than I did. Ive never waited in line for more than 20 minutes.

:exactly:

Oh, I'm not speaking from personal experience. I did it the first year they did it and only took about 20 minutes as well. Not nearly a smooth a Sideshow's method. Never needed anything else from them since the though. Went by the line on the way to the fulfillment room and the guys in the front of the line said they'd been there over 2 hours. Then line was long and not moving, so I believed them. Total nightmare

I think that we're done with this "controversy" :lol... maybe the guys in the front of the line don't know the hours of operation? :dunno
The Mattel pre-order is amazing, and the LEAST of the ComiCCon nightmares... the Hasbro booth on the other hand...

I'd love to see how this story unfolds... :lol

$1825!!! :horror

Kuzeh owes me a wad of cash! :rotfl

Isn't my friendship worth more than that?? :D :1-1:

I'll be surprised if they ever see that money. SDCC has been known to run sting operations in the past.

Yep...

For anyone that is a pro at getting the exclusives, where do you guys line up in the morning and what time? I'm familiar with how Hasbro runs their exclusive sales but I was talking more about lining up for the main exhibit hall entrance first thing in the morning.

For anyone that is a pro at getting the exclusives, where do you guys line up in the morning and what time? I'm familiar with how Hasbro runs their exclusive sales but I was talking more about lining up for the main exhibit hall entrance first thing in the morning.

Up in the sails pavilion you can get your hasbro pass. It's best to get the EARLY (6am is borderline too late) and have two people, one to wait on the Hasbro pass line and the other to wait in the big line to get in.

If you do this for two days, alternating who does what, you both should get your fair share of desired exclusives.

Yep, thats what screwed me last year. Got there at 5am on Saturday morning to wait for my Hasbro ticket, only to have the Hasbro people show up at 7:30 and tell everyone in line "oh by the way, we are completely out of about half of our exclusives".

Sure would have been nice if they'd put a sign up the night before.

So Saturday seems to be the busiest time? What about Friday to get exclusives, would that be better?

I'm no expert on exclusives, but some have limited quantities. Like I said on Saturday morning when the Hasbro people showed up at 7:30am at the Sails Pavillion to hand out tickets, they named off several items that were already totally sold out. So in that regard, the sooner you get what you want, the better I guess.

We've decided that moving forward, we're all about Hall H. So I plan on getting there super early to hold a place in line for my Wife and I. If there is an exclusive that I want that bad, I'd rather pay scalper prices than lose 2-4 hours of my time. Time is money, IMO. ;)

Looking back on it, I would have happily paid $100 for the XForce 3 pack that I wanted, instead of $50....if it meant I would have gotten into Hall H to see IM3, MoS and Hobbit panels.

Sorry if this is old news, but I just heard from a good source at Sideshow that they will have on display the following Hot Toys figures on preview:

60's show Adam West Batman
60's show Robin
New Wolverine movie (black suit)

If I hear of the other ones, I'll post them.

Sorry if this is old news, but I just heard from a good source at Sideshow that they will have on display the following Hot Toys figures on preview:

60's show Adam West Batman
60's show Robin
New Wolverine movie (black suit)

If I hear of the other ones, I'll post them.

:clap

Yeah, I heard the Batman/Robin would be there as well...Wolverine is a new, I would love to get all 3...

The signage has started to go up!

1006190_10152488637384460_1302376554_n.jpg

I'm no expert on exclusives, but some have limited quantities. Like I said on Saturday morning when the Hasbro people showed up at 7:30am at the Sails Pavillion to hand out tickets, they named off several items that were already totally sold out. So in that regard, the sooner you get what you want, the better I guess.

We've decided that moving forward, we're all about Hall H. So I plan on getting there super early to hold a place in line for my Wife and I. If there is an exclusive that I want that bad, I'd rather pay scalper prices than lose 2-4 hours of my time. Time is money, IMO. ;)

Looking back on it, I would have happily paid $100 for the XForce 3 pack that I wanted, instead of $50....if it meant I would have gotten into Hall H to see IM3, MoS and Hobbit panels.

That's why it's good to plan going in. Which is one of the big reasons I do my coverage thread. I try to list most of the exclusives, panels, and booths so people can know going in. It makes it easier so those of us going can set a battle plan. That is the key to a successful Comic-Con in my experience going to it so many times now.

Ill be in Hall H whatever day The Hobbit panel is but I'm flooring it the rest of the time. Too many people I need to talk to and pictures/video that need to be taken.

Exclusive wise I don't get much anymore. SS isn't doing anything, Weta has a shirt I will get, I want to get an extra Azog figure, and already ordered the mini-fig he-man figures from Mattel. Other than that I'm done already.

I'm planning on lining up at 3-4am of Friday...
Think ill have a good chance at getting exclusives?

Back