Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone try for these today. There system is terrible :gah::gah:

Agreed, Registration opened early....

Not sure wtf just happened got disconnected from the waiting room :( can't get back in.

If anyone can get me a Thursday or friday badge, much appreciated.

I got on at 9:00am on the dot according to the world clock website and the page wouldn't load so I opened
another tab and clicked the register button a couple of times since that wouldn't load either then it finally went
through and the website says this.

"We are sorry, but the EPIC online waiting room has reached capacity and it is unlikely that badges are still available.
Please click here to return to the Comic-Con website
If you were unable to purchase a badge today, please check our website frequently or follow us on Facebook
and Twitter for important badge resale announcements later this year."

That was at 9:02 This is a bit frustrating.

I got my tickets on pre sale last August so I'm good, got thurs fri and sat. Didn't want 4 day because I live an hour away and know the show. Good luck to all.

I got on at 9:00am on the dot according to the world clock website and the page wouldn't load so I opened
another tab and clicked the register button a couple of times since that wouldn't load either then it finally went
through and the website says this.

"We are sorry, but the EPIC online waiting room has reached capacity and it is unlikely that badges are still available.
Please click here to return to the Comic-Con website
If you were unable to purchase a badge today, please check our website frequently or follow us on Facebook
and Twitter for important badge resale announcements later this year."

That was at 9:02 This is a bit frustrating.

I wouldn't be surprised if the link went active 5 minutes before the scheduled 9 am. I got on around 8:59, got in a room (forgot my crazy number), the room came to a stand still, room froze, had to refresh, got that same message as you, refresh again, no longer able to connect message.

Was able to get mine after opening the email link a second time while the first was in a white screen of death since it opened. That page never refreshed to anything :lol

Good luck guys. Everything was still available when I got in 10 minutes ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if the link went active 5 minutes before the scheduled 9 am. I got on around 8:59, got in a room (forgot my crazy number), the room came to a stand still, room froze, had to refresh, got that same message as you, refresh again, no longer able to connect message.

I tried clicking the button 1min before the clock said it was 9:00 and it just kept on refreshing that page. I hate to say
it but I think Comic-Con has officially outgrown SanDiego. I think it's time for Vegas to have a crack at it. After 2016 of course.

Was able to get mine after opening the email link a second time while the first was in a white screen of death since it opened. That page never refreshed to anything :lol

Good luck guys. Everything was still available when I got in 10 minutes ago.

I'm glad you were able to get tickets man :yess:. I don't think there's much hope for me unless they open it back up in a couple of days.

Didn't try, can't go. We do hope one day soon we can. There's just always something going on in our lives to keep us from this awesome event.

I tried clicking the button 1min before the clock said it was 9:00 and it just kept on refreshing that page. I hate to say
it but I think Comic-Con has officially outgrown SanDiego. I think it's time for Vegas to have a crack at it. After 2016 of course.

I've felt that the last few years. Vegas is my choice as well. They supposedly have a convention center that dwarfs San Diego's, which is pretty big to begin with, but even that place is too small for SDCC now.

We made a run for some friends and couldn't get in. Man, even with this system which is better than the last few years its so much more difficult than when I first started going.

We made a run for some friends and couldn't get in. Man, even with this system which is better than the last few years its so much more difficult than when I first started going.

It was much better when they didn't announce the date or time. They would just go up and allow word of mouth to spread the news. That worked pretty well as you didn't have 100,000+ people trying to get on the site at the same time. There is no real good solution to this I'm afraid.

Well that was disappointing. I understand that servers will get hammered and badges will sell out quickly, but it seems many people really got screwed over. Skimming the comments on their FB page, folks who were #40k+ were able to score badges before people in the low thousands. Apparently even a poor guy who was #57 didn't get anything. :pfft:

It was much better when they didn't announce the date or time. They would just go up and allow word of mouth to spread the news. That worked pretty well as you didn't have 100,000+ people trying to get on the site at the same time. There is no real good solution to this I'm afraid.

That was the best way and they lasted for a while too. This show is just way too popular now to announce things.

yup, shouldn't announce it. It used to take months to sell out. now its a bottleneck session. This will be my tenth year in a row going. Its been more difficult each year. Next task, get a hotel close. Equally difficult, yet a necessity.

I got the 4 day pass. It was very difficult but I just patiently waited for it to load and finally I got in. I hope to see a lot of you guys there! We need some tshirts or something so we can find each other! lol

Back